ADVERTISEMENT

VT's Kerry Blackshear enters transfer portal

Cal needs to go ALL IN on this guys. Watched 8 of his games this year he has first round potential!!!! Athletic, can hit a jumper, physical. He’s a lot like Terrance Jones. I think he has a couple credits to finish in order to become a grad transfer
Agreed. This guy is a stud. Would love for UK to get him.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Any chance Cal looks at the kid? Immediately eligible

tenor.gif

...and takes minutes from who? UK is loaded comparatively speaking. I’d love to add Hurt, McDanials, and this guy, but Cal can only sit so many comfortably at the dinner table.

You're making big assumption there sport. I'd take this guy over hurt and McDaniels in a heartbeat. He will undoubtedly have a better season next year. Hurt is off the table for us anyway.

Cal needs to go ALL IN on this guys. Watched 8 of his games this year he has first round potential!!!! Athletic, can hit a jumper, physical. He’s a lot like Terrance Jones. I think he has a couple credits to finish in order to become a grad transfer
Good comparison Jakarii, I agree with what you're saying here.

Cal's gotta get this guy. Blackshear would change everything for this team. That dude is exactly what the doctor ordered.

Totally get him. 14 pts 7 reb in a major conference, 6'10''. GO GET HIM

How nice would this be?

PG: Hagans 25/Quickley 10/Maxey 5
SG: Maxey 25/Quickley 10/Baker 5
SF: Brooks 20/Whitley 15/Blackshear 5
PF: EJ 20/Blackshear 20
C: Sestina 20/EJ 10/Richards 10

Whitley would be able to come around on his own time
Allen RS

Last edited:
Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
...and takes minutes from who? UK is loaded comparatively speaking. I’d love to add Hurt, McDanials, and this guy, but Cal can only sit so many comfortably at the dinner table.
Huh? We ain't getting Hurt and we aren't even a sweet 16 team with the current front court we have. Blackshear + our guards + Sestina + Montgomery = serious national title contender.

Blackshear is a veteran big that can take over games on both ends of the court. No freshman available can match what this dude would bring.

He is good, and would be a huge get for UK, no doubt.
Just about every team could use a guy like him

I agree, he would probably be the #1 recruit if you put him in this class as he is now, top 5 at worse

Huh? We ain't getting Hurt and we aren't even a sweet 16 team with the current front court we have. Blackshear + our guards + Sestina + Montgomery = serious national title contender.

Blackshear is a veteran big that can take over games on both ends of the court. No freshman available can match what this dude would bring.
Looking at the roster again, one more quality big isn’t out of question. So I stand corrected lol.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Have always loved his game.
Holy hell he is going to be a great pick up if he stays another year in college.

Reactions: ukfan041
I would guess he’d take PT from Nic though it might cause him to transfer. Blackshear has shown a lot more over the course of his career. But who knows if the guy is even interested in UK.

Why wouldn’t the pt come from Sestina or brooks??? Nick controls nicks future. He plays well he will be on the floor. The other two are wildcards.

I think cal should go all out for blackshear but I bet he goes tamu

I would guess he’d take PT from Nic though it might cause him to transfer. Blackshear has shown a lot more over the course of his career. But who knows if the guy is even interested in UK.
My original take was in reference to Cal’s loyalty. Which can be a fault of his sometimes. But I respect it.

Current Roster we are a top 10 team and should go to the elite eight. But with Blackshear we will win it all

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT