ADVERTISEMENT

VT's Kerry Blackshear enters transfer portal

This would be HUGE for us. This kid would change A LOT for us next season. We'd almost certainly be preseason #1, regardless of if Herro comes back or not.

Current Roster we are a top 10 team and should go to the elite eight. But with Blackshear we will win it all
Tomato tomatto, sweet 16 or elite 8, both nice achievements, but our projected front court won't get us to the FF.

Blackshear takes this team two notches higher than what it is right now. I watched VT play quite a few times this past season and came away highly impressed with that dude every time. He's a man in the paint.

I would guess he’d take PT from Nic though it might cause him to transfer. Blackshear has shown a lot more over the course of his career. But who knows if the guy is even interested in UK.

Our frontcourt consists of Nick, EJ, and other Nic. We need the size. Thats two positions being played by three people and one of them is a walking foul.

Reactions: Big Blue in 502
I think cal should go all out for blackshear but I bet he goes tamu

I also get a feeling he will just follow His old coach

This doesn't make too much sense to me.

TAMU has very little, if ANY, chance of making the tournament next year, with or without Blackshear.

Blackshear also might feel a little hurt about his coach just getting up and leaving.

It's his last year, his last shot at accomplishing something.

You don't come back to school for nothing.

He's going to a contender.

Current Roster we are a top 10 team and should go to the elite eight. But with Blackshear we will win it all
No worries. It’s clear Cal is still recruiting another big, Matthews and Hurt though Hurt is apparently out. So he obviously thinks there’s room at the table. You’d have to think he’ll at least contact Blackshear.

Our frontcourt consists of Nick, EJ, and other Nic. We need the size. Thats two positions being played by three people and one of them is a walking foul.
As others are discussing do you take Blackshear for 1 year and possibly lose Richards for 2? I think Cal just focuses on the coming year, and this time next year he’ll worry about 2021.

We NEED Blackshear if we want to be a serious title contender!!!!! Hes everything we need in the paint! I watched a lot of VTU games last year and the guy has a great motor, great talent, and is a defensive presence

I'd love to have him but I think many of you are getting excited about the possibilities a little to soon. Has he even mentioned any schools yet? I'm going to wait until he schedules a visit here before I start getting my hopes up.

He may not want to compete with the players we currently have. The guy probably will announce he is coming here and end up in the draft. He can be our first none and done. Seriously though, I hope he does come here and realizes that he can get drafted higher here than most places even with less minutes, points, and rebounds.

Reactions: CalipariCapo
You don't worry out anyone's playing time. You go get this guy immediately. Take him out of the draft and tell him to come here and become a 1st round pick. I have watched this guy play for a while, he is the real deal and takes us from good to the top of the mountain. That's the kind of game changer he is. My only question is would his first choice if he came back be to join his coach at A&M?

Would you take this guy if it meant Richards transfers? I would unless it meant no senior Nick Richards. If it's either for 1 year, then I take Blackshear. If we think Richards will be here for 2, it's a tough call.

If it meant a great chance to win #9 next year or have Richard's two more years which would you go for? Me, I'm hungry for another title. I say go after him hard and if it hurts Richard's feeling to cause him to transfer, we'll still be OK a year after winning a title. That's my answer to your question.

Reactions: KY_DO_ENT
Unpopular but

Blackshear, Richards
EJ, Sestina
Whitney, Brooks
AH, IQ
Maxey, Baker, Allen (maybe)

There's your platoon and at least 38-0
This looks really good presented as such. In the end, it’s the name on the front of the jersey that matters to us fans. Look for Tennessee, Louisville, and probably Kansas to get involved.

I don’t normally comment much on recruiting because I am confident Cal will get his. But in my opinion, Cal needs to put the full court press on this guy to come to UK. The hell with Hurt, McDaniels etc. This man is a proven commodity against very good competition. Add him to our roster? Preseason number one and it isn’t close.

Let's hope if he doesn't come here he doesn't go to Duke or UNC. I see many reasons why UK would be a wise choice for him. Best chance at the NBA.

He released a statement that said he’ll consider all 3:

Testing the NBA draft waters
Transfer portal
Return to Va Tech

Cal's pitch needs to be simple:

- Pre-season favorite for a title which means more exposure and ability to show NBA scouts what he can do
- Going against high level competition every day in practice
- Cal's history of bigs from Boogie to PJ
- Players who go to Kentucky absolutely get drafted higher than they would basically anywhere else
- Can't guarantee you're going to be in the NBA but Kentucky gives you the best chance

Blackshear is the real deal he’s long athletic can step out and shoot good post player. Why he wouldn’t be a lottery pick is beyond me. He’s a better version of grant williams

I watched several VT games last season.

Love love love Blackshear. I don’t know how many times I wished he was a Wildcat.

Dude is a warrior. He had 18 points, 16 rebounds and 5 assists against Duke in The tourney.

Why would you go back to Va Tech where the roster is depleted. They have only 1 signee and lost 5 or 6 of their best players. No way do you stay there. Go get him, Cal!!!

Coming off of RT having a great year at UK it's perfect timing to strike while the iron is hot. Get him on campus and let RT talk to him like he did with Sestina. Come to UK where playing time is open, we need you and it is always a players best chance to improve their stock an get to the NBA. This should be a done deal ASAP. I really hope at least Cal make the attempt. Get to him quick just like with Sestina. Come on Cal!

Reactions: Mr_GG
PG. Ashton Hagans
SG. Tyrese Maxey
SF. Kahlil Whitney
PF. EJ Montgomery
C. Kerry Blackshear
6. Immanuel Quickley
7. Keion Brooks
8. Nate Sestina
9. Nick Richards
10. Jamaal Baker
11. Dontaie Allen

+ Maybe Herro?...maybe?? Probably not, but one can dream.

Reactions: TFCats11
Sign him up! I think Cal will give this kid a serious look as long as there are no character issues. He’s exactly the type of player we need next year. Especially if we lose KJ. Add this guy and bring back Herro or Baker emerges as a Herro type prospect, we’re good to go for next year. Title favorites.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT