ADVERTISEMENT

Kerr Kriisa is going to be a lot of fun!

The kid is from Estonia. His dad played for the national team and so is him. Growing up played soccer so his footwork, moving. Without the ball and creativity are off the charts.

An interview with him after 3 years at Arizona. He is smart kid. At Arizona was pass first PG, at WVA was asked to score more. I think he come at Kentucky at the right time.

Jump shot reminds me of chapman
Lithuanian Basketball League GIF by BC Prienai

He might be an asshole. But now he's our asshole.
Mtv Reality Tv GIF

Yeah that was my thoughts watching him at Arizona, most people hate when opponents act cocky but when he’s on your team it’s a little fun. I think coach knows he’s made for his system and that’s why he offered him a 3rd time. He will have a few 0fer games I’m sure but I bet he hits some big time shots for us as well.

I like that we already have a ton of guys who can shoot from the perimeter:

Brea - 50%
Kriisa - 43%
Oweh - 38%
Carr - 37%

Plus Perry and Chandler.

Add Robinson and he gives you another threat at around 35-36% from three.

I hope we also add Lanier. Dude shot 44% from three last year.

Think of Marshall Henderson, with the ability to score from anywhere.
I guess for a skinny white kid who can shoot and handle a bit I get the comparison ….but my concern is he’s a lot more like that guy which isn’t a good thing

1. His overall fg percentage is 37%…now he does shoot a high percentage of three balls…but that is pitiful. His inability to create easier offense besides three ball only is a limitation of a guy who has the ball in his hands so much

2. His 3pt just got over 40% last year…whch is great. But over his career he’s. It exactly a marksman from deep

3. He does not have a career assist to turnover ratio over 2:1 still. So while he csn assist the ball…he’s got a turnover problem as well

I like the kid as a backup guard just fine….but talking of him like Rex or even a starter is overblown. He’s a depth piece to me…but not more then that

Reactions: NociHTTP
I guess for a skinny white kid who can shoot and handle a bit I get the comparison ….but my concern is he’s a lot more like that guy which isn’t a good thing

1. His overall fg percentage is 37%…now he does shoot a high percentage of three balls…but that is pitiful. His inability to create easier offense besides three ball only is a limitation of a guy who has the ball in his hands so much

2. His 3pt just got over 40% last year…whch is great. But over his career he’s. It exactly a marksman from deep

3. He does not have a career assist to turnover ratio over 2:1 still. So while he csn assist the ball…he’s got a turnover problem as well

I like the kid as a backup guard just fine….but talking of him like Rex or even a starter is overblown. He’s a depth piece to me…but not more then that
Though he generally shoots well , he is a very emotional guy that plays with passion. He can get hot but also cold. He had at Arizona a spell of few games where he would go 0 for 9 or 0 for 12 shots, which we drop his % a lot. I would expect in Pope’s system to thrive because of more open shots from catch and shoot opportunities,

My hope with Kriisa is that his intangibles overcome his numbers. It seems like he's the type of player that can set Rupp Arena on fire, having a huge impact on the game, while not lighting up the stat sheet.

Though he generally shoots well , he is a very emotional guy that plays with passion. He can get hot but also cold. He had at Arizona a spell of few games where he would go 0 for 9 or 0 for 12 shots, which we drop his % a lot. I would expect in Pope’s system to thrive because of more open shots from catch and shoot opportunities,
And if he gets cold he can go to the bench and relax. We should have adequate depth.

He's going to play 25-30 mins a game. He's not a depth piece. He's the closest thing this current roster has to a PG. I'm saying all of this and not disputing your numbers. They're accurate. But I also think his game translates to Pope's system extremely well. He won't be nearly as ball dominant, and that will help his numbers.

Last night after watching some highlights, and squinting at his photo, I think he's:
* Reed Sheppard's mischievous twin
* Marshall Henderson's less crazy cousin
* Big Z's teammate on NBA JAM

• Haha
Reactions: IbnSaran and K_TIME
I don't mind emotional but I expect Pope to keep the Marshall aspect of his game in check. Seems like he won't have much tolerance for that.

He's going to play 25-30 mins a game. He's not a depth piece. He's the closest thing this current roster has to a PG. I'm saying all of this and not disputing your numbers. They're accurate. But I also think his game translates to Pope's system extremely well. He won't be nearly as ball dominant, and that will help his numbers.
Maybe you're right...but I am not sure it pans out that way.

PG - Butler/Kriisa...maybe some Perry
SG - Berea...maybe some Kriisa and maybe some Perry...Chandler is SG/SF as well
SF - Oweh places here...if we add Jaxon Robinson...I can see Oweh playing some SG as well.
PF - Carr...I assume we're not done with PF yet
C - Williams/Garrison (assuming Williams is solid to stick wtih UK)

So for Kriisa to play 25-30 minutes it will be at PG and SG.
1. I can't see Butler not playing 25 mpg or more at PG.
2. And now with Berea ....he is going to play 30mpg (or more of Pope was a smaller rotation as a coach) at SG.
3. Oweh looks like he's going to log 25-30 mpg at the SF or SG spots.
4. If UK gets Jaxon Robinson....he's going to play a ton at SF.

So, I don't see Kriisa being better than the 4 aforementioned guards/wings...so for him to log 30mpg is not likely (and that is assuming Perry and Chandler don't log appreciable minutes).

Maybe you're right...but I am not sure it pans out that way.

PG - Butler/Kriisa...maybe some Perry
SG - Berea...maybe some Kriisa and maybe some Perry...Chandler is SG/SF as well
SF - Oweh places here...if we add Jaxon Robinson...I can see Oweh playing some SG as well.
PF - Carr...I assume we're not done with PF yet
C - Williams/Garrison (assuming Williams is solid to stick wtih UK)

So for Kriisa to play 25-30 minutes it will be at PG and SG.
1. I can't see Butler not playing 25 mpg or more at PG.
2. And now with Berea ....he is going to play 30mpg (or more of Pope was a smaller rotation as a coach) at SG.
3. Oweh looks like he's going to log 25-30 mpg at the SF or SG spots.
4. If UK gets Jaxon Robinson....he's going to play a ton at SF.

So, I don't see Kriisa being better than the 4 aforementioned guards/wings...so for him to log 30mpg is not likely (and that is assuming Perry and Chandler don't log appreciable minutes).
I think he'll play that many minutes at the PG spot. Butler is the depth piece. But that's just my thought. Butler doesn't exactly fit Pope's mold of a guy that can't come off the floor. If Robinson is added, and I think he will be, I think you'll see he and Oweh together in small ball lineups way more than Oweh getting minutes as a "2" (which, for the record, doesn't really exist in Pope's system). I think you'll see a lineup that has Kriisa, Brea, Robinson, and Oweh on the floor a bunch. It's weird, we as a fanbase are so conditioned to how Cal did things for so long it's hard to imagine. But I honestly think that will be the case.

Think of Marshall Henderson, with the ability to score from anywhere.
Marshall Henderson is one of my favorite players of all time. Hated to play against him. But deadly, cocky, funny, snarky. Had the balls to talk trash to Erin Andrews in her prime as a snaggletooth white trash kid from podunk Texas by way of podunk Mississippi. How do you not love that? In fact if Pope ever wanted to bring him on as an assistant I would be all about that.

Games I watched him he was either lights out shooting the 3. Or he couldn't throw it in the ocean.
Had some high turnover games. But like I said yesterday. He didn't have much talent around him last year and that team was coached worse than a Cal coached team.
He is average at best on D. I hope he is a backup who gets 15-20 minutes a game. Hope he isn't someone who plays 32 plus minutes. Having said all that I still think he is a solid addition.

Last night after watching some highlights, and squinting at his photo, I think he's:
* Reed Sheppard's mischievous twin
* Marshall Henderson's less crazy cousin
* Big Z's teammate on NBA JAM
I would have loved to have big Z and Reed to pair up wit Henderson cousin and Koby B.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT