ADVERTISEMENT

Vols' Chiles out for rest of the season

runt#69

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2010
Maricopa, AZ.
Surgery on the right shoulder. With Jabari McGhee out (presumably for another 3-4 weeks) , they're down to 9 scholarship players for the time being. Even if McGhee returns, it's going to be brutal for the Vols in conference play.

It's not so great to be a Tennessee Vol... I'm nevertheless giving a shoutout for them to get McGhee healthy asap. Never like to see players get injured and not get to play. (9 scholarship players? wow - gonna be SO ROUGH for them)

Vols' Chiles to miss rest of season

This guy did nothing in 3 games...not seeing this is a huge loss for an already mediocre or below average UT team.

I hate their coach because he is a cheater and I hope the NCAA gets to him when they are done with UNC.

I hope the young man makes a speedy recovery back to the court soon. I hate to see any young man go down to injury.

Originally posted by UKWildcats#8:
This guy did nothing in 3 games...not seeing this is a huge loss for an already mediocre or below average UT team.

I hate their coach because he is a cheater and I hope the NCAA gets to him when they are done with UNC.
agreed, but the fact they're down to only 9 scholly players on the roster is what surprised me. looks like they're well on their way to , what was it ? 13th place prediction in the preseason? Might even be dead last with so few players.

Originally posted by runt#69:

agreed, but the fact they're down to only 9 scholly players on the roster is what surprised me. looks like they're well on their way to , what was it ? 13th place prediction in the preseason? Might even be dead last with so few players.
They are better than MSU, Auburn and Missouri probably even with 9 guys. They certainly can't afford any other injuries. I'd rank UT 11th or 10th in the SEC. I'm still not sold on them or Vandy, despite both having decent OOC records.

UT despite being much more competitve then anyone suspected , myself included, was never going to be a factor in the SEC or NCAA race so instead of finishing 7th or 8th they might finish 10th . It matters if you are Vol but otherwise ho hum.

If I had to pick one sleeper team to win the sec tournament, it would be tennessee.

Originally posted by .S&C.:
If I had to pick one sleeper team to win the sec tournament, it would be tennessee.
Why? You must be seeing something I'm not. They are not very good.

Those 2 years Tyndall spent at Southern Miss must have really set you on fire......you mention "hate" every time there is a Tennessee post.

Or, you just hate Morehead and the success Donnie T. had there?

I just think no one really cares but you!!!

#8 with a player like Josh childress and the potential of a player like Hubbs, if I had to pick a SLEEPER, it would be UT.

Arkanas
Usc
LSU
Etc......are not sleeper picks. They are legit teams.

Originally posted by .S&C.:
#8 with a player like Josh childress and the potential of a player like Hubbs, if I had to pick a SLEEPER, it would be UT.

Arkanas
Usc
LSU
Etc......are not sleeper picks. They are legit teams.
What's the difference between a sleeper and a major underdog? Not arguing, just asking.

In fairness, in 2013 after Noel got injured we were down to 8 scholarship players and not only could UT fans give a f*ck less they also mocked his injury as they throttled us by 30.

I hope we beat them by 100. but classier.

This post was edited on 1/6 1:33 PM by mbc82584

A "Sleeper" is correct. A total dream; and for Tenn. fans it will be a nightmare.

OR cat imo an underdog is simply a team picked NOT to win it. That's pretty much every team minus UK.

When I say sleeper I do so meaning teams that no one is considering at all. If I told you South Carolina, LSU, Arkansas , even UGA won the SEC tournament people would be surprised but probably not intrenched with surpirse. Tennessee has a few really good pieces and actually plays teams like kansas tough but no one thinks of them as a team capable of winning something like the SEC tournament. If Kentucky was knocked out early somehow and UT's road opened up while they were peaking somewhat as a team, who knows.

Is that going to happen? No. But still, they are my Cinderella/ultimate underdog for the tournament. Josh Richardson and Hubbs are capable

Originally posted by SeattleKat:

Those 2 years Tyndall spent at Southern Miss must have really set you on fire......you mention "hate" every time there is a Tennessee post.

Or, you just hate Morehead and the success Donnie T. had there?

I just think no one really cares but you!!!
I hate UT and I hate cheaters...UT is a cheating university and they have a coach to match it.

You are clearly one of those posters who think he should get away with it because he "did a good job" at Morehead State apparently. To each his own, agree to disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT