ADVERTISEMENT

Has to be a point of emphasis for officiating in the off-season

Mar 10, 2024
Of delay of games called on the teams who just scored. My AAU coach always told us to fight for made baskets as much as missed (because we wanted to get out and run). To let A&M roll the ball to the officials or throw it past the cameramen 30 times is a disgrace. But one of those has to be a delay of game also. They already had gotten warned for it.

Semi related and I know our players do it all the time as well, but I would like them to get rid of the too small crap everyone does now after scoring on someone. That is pretty clearly taunting and I'm not sure why it has been let slide.

Well, 'we' wanted mainstream legal sports gambling. Yes, I realize refs being on the take are as old as time, but the FanDuels of the world is like throwing gasoline on the fire. Any industry with that much money involved is rotten to the core with corruption. It's too easy for refs to alter games and get away with it. NIL and legal sports gambling... what could possibly go wrong? I doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see it.

College officials are just awful. They’re held accountable to basically nobody. You can’t question them or criticize them. They don’t get questioned by the media. Oh every once in a while they fall on their sword after the fact and admit they made a mistake. Well so what??!! The games over.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I saw a tweet that said the ref named Orlandis blew his whistle 22 times and not a single on favored Kentucky.

That’s statistically impossible

Reactions: bevcat
Of delay of games called on the teams who just scored. My AAU coach always told us to fight for made baskets as much as missed (because we wanted to get out and run). To let A&M roll the ball to the officials or throw it past the cameramen 30 times is a disgrace. But one of those has to be a delay of game also. They already had gotten warned for it.
Heard Bilas pointing this out this week. He said "they're throwing it to the official like it's a check ball in a YMCA game". IMO any player on the offense who purposely touches a ball after a made basket should get a warning and then free throws after that. Just leave it alone. How hard is that?

Reactions: bevcat
How about shooters falling down backwards does not mean that a foul took place! Way too many fouls being called without any obvious contact. Agree that a certain percentage of refs should be called out and fired.

Semi related and I know our players do it all the time as well, but I would like them to get rid of the too small crap everyone does now after scoring on someone. That is pretty clearly taunting and I'm not sure why it has been let slide.
It's especially funny when you consider we have 7'+ guys who play like 6'1 guards, seemingly no vertical, court awareness or desire to leave the floor. But boy do they leave the floor on every pump fake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT