ADVERTISEMENT

Victor Webanyama. Are We Recruiting This Kid?

Sounds too much like “Wenyan”.

tenor.gif

Tim Duncan, David Robinson......and now Victor Webanyama.

The Spurs hit the lottery!

Houston got ****ed. Three years in a row now.

I get what the NBA is trying to do.. but it's not like the Rockets were some good team that was simply tanking for the draft picks.. we legitimately sucked.

Reactions: Titpwhami2014
And for the love of god, why the hell isn't this done out in the open? Why is the NBA doing this "draft lottery" (heavy emphasis on the quotes there) behind closed doors, and then putting the results in some sealed paper..

I get what the NBA is trying to do.. but it's not like the Rockets were some good team that was simply tanking for the draft picks.. we legitimately sucked.
4th pick. That was rough.

4th pick. That was rough.

4th pick with the 2nd best odds.

And that's after two years in a row of being the worst team in the NBA.. and not getting #1 overall.

Houston really got shafted during this 3-year stretch. Could have had Cade, Banchero and Scoot. Instead it will be Jalen Green, Jabari Smith, and Brandon "pistol waving" Miller.

Reactions: JLoad22

And that's after two years in a row of being the worst team in the NBA.. and not getting #1 overall.

Houston really got shafted during this 3-year stretch. Could have had Cade, Banchero and Scoot. Instead it will be Jalen Green, Jabari Smith, and Brandon "pistol waving" Miller.
I feel sorry for Houston fans

Houston had the same odds as SA and Detroit. All 3 had 14% chance at 1st pick.

Houston had the same odds as SA and Detroit. All 3 had 14% chance at 1st pick. Detroit fell all the way to 5th.

Yes and no. Yes in that they had 14% chance.. but they also lost the tie breaker to Houston, so in a way, Spurs were a little "luckier" than Houston. Spurs were statistically most likely to get the 6th pick.

I do feel bad for Detroit THIS year.. But Detroit also got to get Cade #1 when they weren't the worst team. How do I know they weren't the worst team? Because Houston was lol.

We'll see. Crazy to see a guy that big hit those fade aways with such ease.
Everyone hits shots with ease on highlight tapes. He shot 46% from the field and 28% from 3. He’s gonna be really gonna, I’m just not buying the greatest prospect ever hype.

Yes and no. Yes in that they had 14% chance.. but they also lost the tie breaker to Houston, so in a way, Spurs were a little "luckier" than Houston. Spurs were statistically most likely to get the 6th pick.

I do feel bad for Detroit THIS year.. But Detroit also got to get Cade #1 when they weren't the worst team. How do I know they weren't the worst team? Because Houston was lol.
Detroit is a wasteland of former Memphis and Duke busts.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14

The spurs were statistically most likely to get a top 4 pick. They had a 52% chance of landing in the top 4 according to tankathon. As did Detroit/Houston.

The spurs were statistically most likely to get a top 4 pick. They had a 52% chance of landing in the top 4 according to tankathon. As did Detroit/Houston.

Yes, in that regards. but they also had more weight put on the picks after due to 1. not being 1st overall and 2. losing the tie breaker to Houston.

Even though all 3 teams have the same odds of the #1 pick.. it still protects the higher team, slightly, of not falling too far, by skewing the odds. The worst team in the league cannot fall out of the top5. The 2nd worse team can't fall out of the top6..

My point was that for 3 years in a row, Houston fell in the draft order based on their record. We can call that just bad luck, maybe some backroom nonsense.. but either way, they've been quite unfortunate.

.. meanwhile.. I think it's fair to say that no one has been MORE fortunate than the Spurs when it comes to draft lottery luck. They're certainly top3 in that regards.

Yea they’re going to end up getting 3 of the top 5 or so big man prospects or the last 40 years by landing the #1 pick

I'm obviously a tad bit jaded at the moment.. But I really don't think they needed to change the draft lottery back in 2018 or whenever. I think you still give an increasing chance of landing the #1 pick as a team's record gets worse. It's not like the worst team had a 100% chance of the #1 pick like the NFL does.. I believe it was just 25%.

If you want to stop tanking, then you go with the play-in tournament like they did, and you start fining teams/docking them for resting players. There's plenty of ways to curb tanking than simply throwing all the non-playoff teams in the pool together.

BRandon Miller isn't lasting until 4th

Reactions: UKcats1988
Get that man the strength and conditioning coach that Giannis had and the universe is the limit for him. Giannis went from being a tooth pick when he entered the league to one of the most jacked guys in the NBA.

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
And for the love of god, why the hell isn't this done out in the open? Why is the NBA doing this "draft lottery" (heavy emphasis on the quotes there) behind closed doors, and then putting the results in some sealed paper..
Because when they did it publicly, everyone saw David Stern cheat.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I would think if they really wanted to rig it, they would have shipped Wemby anywhere but San Antonio to be honest. Not flashy in any regard and more of a "boring" and smaller type of market.

Y'all won't even be getting Brandon Miller.

Hey, are you a big Rockets fan?

Sure makes sense. The NBA wanted him playing in a medium sized market in Texas, not the 4th largest city in the US….in Texas

Reactions: BigCat241
We'll see. Crazy to see a guy that big hit those fade aways with such ease.
Against what? Was some guy his same size crawling all over him screaming JIHAD!!! If not, then it mean’s absolutely nothing. That’s what he will face here.

BRandon Miller isn't lasting until 4th

Y'all won't even be getting Brandon Miller.

He's not going top two lol. He MAY go 3rd but Amen Thompson is just as much in play for being 3rd. It's not some stretch that a Miller goes 4th. And let's not forget what's happening in the NBA right now with Ja Morant.

Sure makes sense. The NBA wanted him playing in a medium sized market in Texas, not the 4th largest city in the US….in Texas

The Spurs have a HUGE following though, they arent the Charlotte Hornets. And who knows what sort of deals these 30 owners have and what goes on behind closed doors. The Spurs have been very lucky on draft lottery night.

He's not going top two lol. He MAY go 3rd but Amen Thompson is just as much in play for being 3rd. It's not some stretch that a Miller goes 4th. And let's not forget what's happening in the NBA right now with Ja Morant.

The Spurs have a HUGE following though, they arent the Charlotte Hornets. And who knows what sort of deals these 30 owners have and what goes on behind closed doors. The Spurs have been very lucky on draft lottery night.
The culture down there in Houston is petrifyingly bad. I like Miller's game and I still think he could on to become a poor-man's T-Mac. Do you like the idea of landing him?

Also, do you think you guys can build a title contender around the likes of Green? That kid seems to have all the talent in the world, but I've wondered if he has that necessary desire to win at the highest level. What are your thoughts regarding him?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT