ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s the next Klutch player we are recruiting?

If not starting Klutch players now hurts us with future Klutch recruits, so be it. I'd tell them to f off. There's plenty of good basketball players out there, and honestly the Klutch guys we've already gotten haven't really set the world on fire.

Only klutch guys I’m aware of are Livingston, Edwards, and Bradshaw. Who else?

I want Kentucky to build a basketball version of NFL's Wonderlic Test... And have it specifically be designed to figure out who is a true basketball player, and who is just an AAU Youtube star. You fail the test, even as a top recruit, we look elsewhere.

Some of these guys are just SO off the mark from playing college basketball, that we really need to start sniffing out which guys can actually play the game at this level.

Yeah, if UK were to make a statement "We are no longer recruiting guys who associate with Klutch".. not only do we avoid headaches.. but it might start to make recruits question this Sports agency/whatever the heck it is.

I want Kentucky to build a basketball version of NFL's Wonderlic Test... And have it specifically be designed to figure out who is a true basketball player, and who is just an AAU Youtube star. You fail the test, even as a top recruit, we look elsewhere.

Some of these guys are just SO off the mark from playing college basketball, that we really need to start sniffing out which guys can actually play the game at this level.
Aren't there people on the payroll specifically for talent evaluation? Is that part of recruiting? I'd say they are worse at their jobs than the Klutch folks. I'm not sure why our talent evaluators are whiffing this tragically of some guys lately.

Aren't there people on the payroll specifically for talent evaluation? Is that part of recruiting? I'd say they are worse at their jobs than the Klutch folks. I'm not sure why our talent evaluators are whiffing this tragically of some guys lately.

I think recruiting has largely been about getting the recruit with the highest ranking, and simply finding which players even want to commit to your coach and school.

And I think 10 years ago, recruits could get by in todays game with sheer athleticism. 40-numbers, standing verticals, etc.. That stuff could all be used to bully your way in college ball. But not so much anymore. More than anytime in recent memory, having true basketball talent matters.

Like, I'm pretty confident a guy like John Wall is not as effective in today's game than he was back in 2010. Still very good. But not having that shooting capability seems to burn these guys more and more.

Hate to tell you but there was a player last year who was being told to leave Camden to go to Prolific Prep.....and pushed to SC.....and that was Bradshaw.

Now think of who else has left East Coast for Prolific, made a trip to SC immediately and is the best player in HS basketball right now. Dybantsa.
Are you saying Dybantsa is going to be represented by Klutch?

You know, there's no shame in looking a tier or two back in recruiting. Uconn and Hurley sure seem to know how to make recruiting work in the 100 to 25th range. Those guys have a lot more to prove and likely harder workers than, say, a kid who was the #1 recruit since 8th grade whose dad was an NBA player.. just saying.

The wonderlic test already exist for basketball, it’s called recruiting and scouting that recruit to see how well he would fit in your system.

Klutch is our friend. They are the modern version of WWW.

He was good for us too.

I don’t get the whine anyway.

We are the best team in the country. We have the best coach in the country.

And not even playing our best yet.

The CHC has been defeated.

Good day!!

Another year of fans buying the Cal five star freshmen baloney.

Bradshaw in high school average lkke 12 pts a game ..people are stating how Bradshaw was going to play PF according to Cal nonsense and he has face up game

He’s hit 3 3pt shots this year…the notion he ever had a PF gsme was absurd He can’t guard dudes…has zero handles not a post move to save his life etc

Why fans buy Cal preseason nonsense is silly at this point! Bradshaw js easily worse than Mitchell and Ugo. And if Ivisic plays more….i think it’s most likely he’s behind him as well. Heck..Thiero as a PF js better than Bradshaw.

6pts a game. 4 rebounds a game…not even a block per game. But as the sun comes up…fans will be arguing Quantance, Somto Richmond etc are going to do all this stuff only to see them come up short and off to pro after a ‘meh’ year

Based on what?
Are you saying you don’t think LeBron was pushing Bradshaw to go to USC to play with Bronny?

My bigger point is sometimes fans just want to gripe about something. Klutch is is an easy target. I’m certainly not a Lebron fan nor could I care less about Klutch. Complaining about Klutch is like howling at the moon.

I don’t think NIL rep/agent has much correlation with how a player is going to perform.

I heard Livingston’s people talking last year. He said they give advice, but ultimately are paid to do what the player asks them to do. They recommended Chris consider returning for a 2nd year and Chris told them that wasn’t an option. They got him the best deal they could get him. (Which was way higher than what I thought he earned.)

Trying to blame Klutch for Edwards’ struggles just doesn’t make sense to me. It’s like blaming owner of my gym for me being out of shape.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Are you saying you don’t think LeBron was pushing Bradshaw to go to USC to play with Bronny?

My bigger point is sometimes fans just want to gripe about something. Klutch is is an easy target. I’m certainly not a Lebron fan nor could I care less about Klutch. Complaining about Klutch is like howling at the moon.

I don’t think NIL rep/agent has much correlation with how a player is going to perform.

I heard Livingston’s people talking last year. He said they give advice, but ultimately are paid to do what the player asks them to do. They recommended Chris consider returning for a 2nd year and Chris told them that wasn’t an option. They got him the best deal they could get him. (Which was way higher than what I thought he earned.)

Trying to blame Klutch for Edwards’ struggles just doesn’t make sense to me. It’s like blaming owner of my gym for me being out of shape.
I think the point is….. Klutch sending kids to UK and then expecting certain playing time opportunities etc…. even when those scenarios are not earned based on performance. Then basing potential future klutch kids going to UK based on those playing demands expectations being honored even though the klutch kids aren’t performing. That’s holding UK hostage and Im not down with it nor should Cal/UK.

No, I haven’t seen any evidence of that, just made up rumors put out by people with agendas. I believe things when there is evidence to back it up, not rumors made by people with agendas who are known for making up stuff. I’ll ask again, what evidence are you basing Lebron pushing Aaron Bradshaw to USC on?

No, I haven’t seen any evidence of that, just made up rumors put out by people with agendas. I believe things when there is evidence to back it up, not rumors made by people with agendas who are known for making up stuff. I’ll ask again, what evidence are you basing Lebron pushing Aaron Bradshaw to USC on?
I have no proof at all. The only thing I heard is what Pilgrim and some others insinuated over the summer.

If there was any influence, I think it was a dad (LeBron) trying to get some players to join his son at USC. Granted, LeBron is much more influential than the normal dad. He may have used intermediaries to reach out to some players. It’s easy to blame everything wrong on Klutch.

I think the point is….. Klutch sending kids to UK and then expecting certain playing time opportunities etc…. even when those scenarios are not earned based on performance. Then basing potential future klutch kids going to UK based on those playing demands expectations being honored even though the klutch kids aren’t performing. That’s holding UK hostage and Im not down with it nor should Cal/UK.
Where’s the proof any of this has happened? First, I think players decide where they’re going to attend college. Yes, they have a lot of people in their ear. But, ultimately (most) players make their own decision.

Klutch had zero influence on Wagner coming to UK. That decision was made years ago.

They didn’t SEND Bradshaw! AB actually wanted to commit early and his mother stopped him.

Klutch did not SEND Edwards to UK.

I’m not sure where fans get these ideas that there’s an agreement under the table between coach and agent, thus causing a coach to play people certain minutes to keep agents happy. It’s easy internet fodder that stirs the emotions. But, like most internet info, it only has a hint of fact.

You can look at my history. Cal causes me to scratch my head and I sometimes wonder (more so last year) if the game passed him by. However, the last thing I’m worried about with Cal is him being intimidated by agents and him letting agents determine who plays or how many minutes they play.

ˋWheres your proof it isn’t happening, goes both ways.
Where’s the proof any of this has happened? First, I think players decide where they’re going to attend college. Yes, they have a lot of people in their ear. But, ultimately (most) players make their own decision.

Klutch had zero influence on Wagner coming to UK. That decision was made years ago.

They didn’t SEND Bradshaw! AB actually wanted to commit early and his mother stopped him.

Klutch did not SEND Edwards to UK.

I’m not sure where fans get these ideas that there’s an agreement under the table between coach and agent, thus causing a coach to play people certain minutes to keep agents happy. It’s easy internet fodder that stirs the emotions. But, like most internet info, it only has a hint of fact.

You can look at my history. Cal causes me to scratch my head and I sometimes wonder (more so last year) if the game passed him by. However, the last thing I’m worried about with Cal is him being intimidated by agents and him letting agents determine who plays or how many minutes they play.

Reactions: UKortho
Klutch doesn't control anything. That's a conspiracy theory started on Rafters that carries absolutely zero truth.

Are you seriously asking me to prove something is NOT happening???
Yup, that’s what they do when they’re asked to back up their made up BS.

CHC: Cal is a mass murderer!
You: What evidence is there to suggest he’s a mass murderer?
CHC: What evidence is there that says he isn’t?

They make an accusation they can’t explain then ask you to prove a negative. The burden of proof is on the accuser.

Reactions: CatsDomain
Klutch doesn't control anything. That's a conspiracy theory started on Rafters that carries absolutely zero truth.

They might not control things, like forcing a player to sit. But that doesn't mean they are good for UK either.

Maybe we shouldn't be dealing with sports agencies for 18 year old busts and no-show players? Maybe that's the bigger takeaway here. Our best players right now don't have some sports agency behind them.. and our worst players in recent history are ones that are. What does that tell you?

Are you seriously asking me to prove something is NOT happening???
Are you seriously suggesting I prove otherwise? Again, goes both ways. What is the difference? On one side you have some kids represented by a specific group garnering playing time that by performance does not appear to be warranted. What exactly do you have that proves otherwise? I don’t truthfully care either way. I just want the University of Kentucky to play the most deserving players that give us the best chance to win the most basketball games without giving a $hit who their future representation may be. If that means UK never recruiting a kid again represented by klutch or with 0% affiliation with Lebron James then amen.

Last edited:
They might not control things, like forcing a player to sit. But that doesn't mean they are good for UK either.

Maybe we shouldn't be dealing with sports agencies for 18 year old busts and no-show players? Maybe that's the bigger takeaway here. Our best players right now don't have some sports agency behind them.. and our worst players in recent history are ones that are. What does that tell you?
What Klutch players no showed? I mean y’all said Aaron Bradshaw would never play a second but we all know that wasn’t true.

Hate to tell you but there was a player last year who was being told to leave Camden to go to Prolific Prep.....and pushed to SC.....and that was Bradshaw.

Now think of who else has left East Coast for Prolific, made a trip to SC immediately and is the best player in HS basketball right now. Dybantsa.

I don't think the USC thing would matter. They are having an awful year. Is Bronny James going to be there for his Junior season?

Dybantsa is really good though. I think the Terrence Clarke connection would be a bigger pull for him than anything.

I don't think the USC thing would matter. They are having an awful year. Is Bronny James going to be there for his Junior season?

Dybantsa is really good though. I think the Terrence Clarke connection would be a bigger pull for him than anything.
Didn't say he'd go to USC--but they will likely fire the HC after this year and does Klutch put a crony in the position to funnel players to? That's not out of the question. Klutch is going to fade away soon when LeBron and Rich Paul go run a franchise after he plays and they are starting the process, but until then they'll control things with the athletes they sign.

All I did was point out that the path that Bradshaw was being swayed to take has taken place to this point with Dybantsa. Also a friend on the site John19 pointed out he's going to be with Oakland Soldiers and not Expressions this upcoming AAU season. Expressions being Nick Richards/Terrence Clarke's former AAU team.

Didn't say he'd go to USC--but they will likely fire the HC after this year and does Klutch put a crony in the position to funnel players to? That's not out of the question. Klutch is going to fade away soon when LeBron and Rich Paul go run a franchise after he plays and they are starting the process, but until then they'll control things with the athletes they sign.

All I did was point out that the path that Bradshaw was being swayed to take has taken place to this point with Dybantsa. Also a friend on the site John19 pointed out he's going to be with Oakland Soldiers and not Expressions this upcoming AAU season. Expressions being Nick Richards/Terrence Clarke's former AAU team.
You think Klutch his the USC coach and not their athletics director?

@ralphdaltonfan - I always appreciate your insight. I have no inside info, and you have much better sources.

Do you think Klutch influences playing time after a player arrives on campus? Is Cal chained to pleasing Kluch to the detriment of the team or other players?

Was the USC noise mainly LeBron trying to influence some high school players to team up with Bronny?

TIA

Reactions: YardCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT