ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy has to be the best 16 loss team ever

They should be very tough next season with some good recruits coming.

1) I know it sounds hilarious to say, but we are dangerous and have been ever since the team figured it out when Matthew Fisher-Davis went down. We have 16 losses, which is ridiculous but have played a top 5 schedule. If Fisher-Davis never played this year, an think we would be closer to 16-11 and a bubble team if not in at this point. Lost a lot of close games...

2) We love our current class (Darius Garland, Simi Shittu, and Aaron Nesmith (sleeper, very very high ceiling)), but still have a chance to add to it. Romeo Langford was in the building today and if we land him, we have a chance to reach places we've never been before. We all love Coach Drew and although this has been a rough year, he has this team playing well right now.

z2BhaWZ.jpg

Anyone think their recruiting success might be looked at with all of the FBI talk?

There a drew on campus, recruits at Vandys highest level ever, and then the FBI scandal explodes.

I'd say all Vandy fans are not nervous, but definitely playing with baking soda and vinegar / watching Bill Nye on an overhead somewhere.

Anyone think their recruiting success might be looked at with all of the FBI talk?

There a drew on campus, recruits at Vandys highest level ever, and then the FBI scandal explodes.

I'd say all Vandy fans are not nervous, but definitely playing with baking soda and vinegar while watching Bill Nye scmewhere.

I think we will be one of the biggest winners when the FBI stuff comes out. We would have a pretty high ceiling program if we were competing on a level playing field (which, if you follow college basketball recruiting and are objective, you know we have never had the chance to do that).

1) I know it sounds hilarious to say, but we are dangerous and have been ever since the team figured it out when Matthew Fisher-Davis went down. We have 16 losses, which is ridiculous but have played a top 5 schedule. If Fisher-Davis never played this year, an think we would be closer to 16-11 and a bubble team if not in at this point. Lost a lot of close games...

2) We love our current class (Darius Garland, Simi Shittu, and Aaron Nesmith (sleeper, very very high ceiling)), but still have a chance to add to it. Romeo Langford was in the building today and if we land him, we have a chance to reach places we've never been before. We all love Coach Drew and although this has been a rough year, he has this team playing well right now.

z2BhaWZ.jpg

You're gonna have to wake up eventually Frieda. Vandy has nothing to offer, drew isn't a big name guy. It's too coincidental with the recent revelations into college basketball.

It's gonna happen, accept it now/ save yourself.

LaChance and Roberson are seniors and that's the majority of their offense.

They're going to need those recruits.

LaChance and Roberson are seniors and that's the majority of their offense.

They're going to need those recruits.

That's how college hoops works.

Not that y'all care, but we have two very good transfers that are sitting out and practicing with the team. Both will be starters next year, so that helps a lot.

We should be pretty good next year without Langford, but if we get him, the ceiling gets a lot higher.

This Drew is better than his brother. More like Homer. Great young coach he has owned Mike White like 4-1 against him

If he comes out unscathed and continues on this path, we can take him from Vandy whenever we want him.

I love taking coaches from fan bases like Vandy. "He loves it here and wouldnt leave". "He hates UK and has told people"....

Gone that monday...

If he isn't dirty, get him ready for us @Friedas_Boss

z2BhaWZ.jpg
I totally agree you have been better without Fisher-Davis

Reactions: Friedas_Boss
That's how college hoops works.

Not that y'all care, but we have two very good transfers that are sitting out and practicing with the team. Both will be starters next year, so that helps a lot.

We should be pretty good next year without Langford, but if we get him, the ceiling gets a lot higher.
I seriously doubt you get him and to be honest I don't think he makes you better in terms of chemisty as that dude is a headcase ME ME ME type guy . Obviously he is super talented but that is one guy I am glad Cal steared clear of after seeing him in the Summer games. Vandy could be great next year but alot will have to due with the transfers and the returning players .

I do agree Vandy IMO is the 8th or 9th best team in the league even though they are in 14th place . Much better then their record.

Reactions: Friedas_Boss

z2BhaWZ.jpg

$$$

This Drew is better than his brother. More like Homer. Great young coach he has owned Mike White like 4-1 against him

I agree. Scott Drew has recruited well but I'm not sure about him overall as a coach. Bryce has flaws, but his positive energy is crazy off the charts and I think that shows late in the year. I also think when we get good players, that might net some postseason success. Stallings was so negative, kids wanted to blow their brains out by March with him (even though he's a very good X's and O's coach).

Who knows?

I do know I like Coach Drew a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: jrm693
I seriously doubt you get him and to be honest I don't think he makes you better in terms of chemisty as that dude is a headcase ME ME ME type guy . Obviously he is super talented but that is one guy I am glad Cal steared clear of after seeing him in the Summer games. Vandy could be great next year but alot will have to due with the transfers and the returning players .

I do agree Vandy IMO is the 8th or 9th best team in the league even though they are in 14th place . Much better then their record.

It's probably 50/50 between us and Indiana. I don't think Kansas is really in the mix, but you never know.

As for Romeo being selfish, that's not really my uunderstanding of him. I watched one of his games and didn't see that but who knows...

I do know this, Romeo Langford can shoot the lights out and he can get to and play above the rim.

Langford is also a me first and I don’t really want to play defense he would fit in great at Dook !

Watched ole trusty pat adams almost cost vandy a win with his blown "basket interference" call- how can you consult the monitor and still blow that call?

Watched ole trusty pat adams almost cost vandy a win with his blown "basket interference" call- how can you consult the monitor and still blow that call?

Pat Adams, smh.

How did three officials miss that call? Everybody in the building saw the Gator player pull the rim down, not sure how the three guys being paid to see stuff like that missed it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT