ADVERTISEMENT

Vanderbilt injury?

swflakat

Junior
May 22, 2002
Naples, Fl.
Has there been any further info about the Jarred Vanderbilt injury? I looked back a ways in posts and it seemed to drop off the radar (most likely due to no new info). Our front court is that much stronger with him, but even it would be weakened if he is unable to play. What's the latest?

Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
Has there been any further info about the Jarred Vanderbilt injury? I looked back a ways in posts and it seemed to drop off the radar (most likely due to no new info). Our front court is that much stronger with him, but even it would be weakened if he is unable to play. What's the latest?
I think its a bad sign. He said he was ok but if he was ok we'd see him out and about. I have no clue, but I'm guessing its a significant injury and may have even played a role in Knox choosing UK. That is all pure speculation but its what I'm thinking.

Reactions: EastLansingCat
I think its a bad sign. He said he was ok but if he was ok we'd see him out and about. I have no clue, but I'm guessing its a significant injury and may have even played a role in Knox choosing UK. That is all pure speculation but its what I'm thinking.
If that's the case, at least we'll have Vanderbilt for two years.

What do you mean by "out and about"? Hell he hasn't even gotten on campus yet. I haven't seen Nick Richards, PJ Washington out and about either. Oh no!!!! That's a bad sign...

Ironically enough it will be the same people that bashed Coach K for letting Giles play instead of just having him sit out and go straight the the draft.

Y9v7g_s-200x150.gif

Folks. I give you Kev69.

He rolled his ankle 6 weeks ago, it's not like it's a career threatening injury. Hence the lack of information.

Didn't look like a rolled ankle to me. Seemed like he planted it, and when he was pushing off to elevate, he just went down. That's what was so odd. I was bracing for the rolling action on the replay, but it wasn't there.

He rolled his ankle 6 weeks ago, it's not like it's a career threatening injury. Hence the lack of information.

Oh where he went down on his foot and it's looked bad 5 weeks ago? (thank god he wasn't hurt) Yeah he said he was ok guys.

Guys you had me worry for a min.

He probably has a terrible injury, but he'll still leave for the NBA without playing a game for us.

And, we will have the same posters saying its great.
Amen brother..How some of these people think they are fans of UK I will never know.

My take? Well, he clearly hurt his lower leg/foot. That much is fact. What's less clear is the extent of the injury. Everything is speculation. And I've reached the point where I'm tired of the implications.

Soooooo....I'm just going to assume the injury, whatever it is/was, isn't season-threatening, and take the ignorance is bliss approach. Frankly, at this point, it just isn't doing me any good to think about what it might be or the potential negative impact it could have. So, if he can't wait to get to Lexington, I'm choosing to read that as a positive sign that he's looking forward to the season.

If there are those among you who want to dig into this deeper, nothing in what I've written is meant to demean your choice. If I had more energy, maybe I'd do likewise.

I'd say the fact that we haven't heard anything would suggest it's not a big deal. Maybe a high ankle sprain, which while not serious, does take time to heal.

Giles tore ACL and the world knew about before he had a chance to try and walk on it...

He was having a hard time jumping in the all star games before the injury. I hope we get to see his full potential and it's not another Harry Giles story

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT