ADVERTISEMENT

Vanderbilt gone. Official

Reid told the Stanford staff he wasn't going to transfer. This was confirmed, even if you refuse to believe it. It's not my job to convince you to believe facts.
When did Travis tell Stanford he wasn't transferring? First I heard of this.
Of course we know that isn't true now, he's officially transfering.

This right here is 100% correct. He could come back to school and renewal his foot (likely due to history) so why not get paid and have the best doctors in the world working to fix you up. It’s never a good idea to come back if you are young, talented and have a nice little injury history. Your stock tends to fall the longer you stay in and it falls even more if you have injury history

Vanderbilt has skills that surpass Knox and abilities that surpass SGA. I can see him drafted in the late second round by a team that takes a chance on his durability. If he is going to break again, might as well get paid.

Again, read first, then post.

I never said Vando’s skills surpassed SGA.

He is more skilled than Knox, IMO. Knox is lacking in a lot of areas. Vando has as good a handle, a better motor, is a far superior passer (most ballers are), a better defender (not difficult), more athletic, worlds better rebounder. Knox is a better shooter.
Oh trust me, we all understand what you're trying to say, but you're so wrong on pretty much everything you're saying. Vanderbilt is not more skilled than Knox, he's not even in the same stratosphere as Knox. He simply plays harder, nothing he does can be mistaken for being highly skilled.

I won’t remember your screen name in a couple of hours, let alone a couple of years. But, hold that universe thought for a couple of years and we shall see.
Well, if you don't know my screenname then you don't read here very often.
But I don't get why that matters. Don't need to be a regular to recognize a bad post.

Lot of homers getting their hopes up, hope we get travis .
Have you ever made a post here where you weren't a total dick?
Homers? You mean fans that have heard from every source that Travis is coming to UK? Yeah, that's more accurate.

Reactions: jameslee32
If getting Reid Travis meant having to have Vanderbilt leave Im all for it. Travis is a better player. I just liked having the luxury of Vanderbilt if he came back.

Oh trust me, we all understand what you're trying to say, but you're so wrong on pretty much everything you're saying. Vanderbilt is not more skilled than Knox, he's not even in the same stratosphere as Knox. He simply plays harder, nothing he does can be mistaken for being highly skilled.

You don’t know much.

Well, if you don't know my screenname then you don't read here very often.
But I don't get why that matters. Don't need to be a regular to recognize a bad post.

Look, I recognize your bad post. I just don’t think you are worth remembering, even when you are proven wrong.

Peace out JV. Pretty much falls in the Archie Goodwin category for me. Clearly didn’t want to play at Kentucky. Just wanted to be associated with UK and get out ASAP
Kind of an unfair comparison. Archie was projected a first round pick and if I remember correctly he was close to the lottery.
I think if Vanderbilt came back he would be in that same boat. But honestly, I would rather have Travis.

Vanderbilt has skills that surpass Knox and abilities that surpass SGA. I can see him drafted in the late second round by a team that takes a chance on his durability. If he is going to break again, might as well get paid.
Gotta make a team to get paid. A NBA team to make real money that is.

Reactions: brianpoe
Wenyen is puzzling to me. JV someone might take considering potential, whatever I can deal with that. Honestly PJ was the one one I thought would leave so I'm quite happy. He reminds me of Poythress all the tools are there just needs to get in to beast mode and he could dominate. Poythress only problem was mentality imo just hope it won't be for PJ.

Look, I recognize your bad post. I just don’t think you are worth remembering, even when you are proven wrong.
I don't see where you proved me wrong. You said Vanderbilt is AS skilled as SGA and Knox, I disagreed and provided facts, you have yet to provide anything beyond your drunk thoughts.

You said Vanderbilt is AS skilled as SGA and Knox, I disagreed and provided facts,.

You provided facts? LOL. You don’t know the difference between facts and opinion.

And, you should focus on comprehension. I never said Vando was as skilled as SGA. Some people don’t understand distinctions. Maybe I should draw pictures.

I won’t be responding to your foolishness anymore. Have at it.

This guy was/is unreliable due to injury/hesitation to play after injury/potential re-injury. Cannot have a guy like that on the roster. IMO

Who? I wish him well, but he might be one of my least favorite UK players. Never actually even seemed to be here physically or mentally. Maybe he's made a good decision, but who knows.

You provided facts? LOL. You don’t know the difference between facts and opinion.

And, you should focus on comprehension. I never said Vando was as skilled as SGA. Some people don’t understand distinctions. Maybe I should draw pictures.

I won’t be responding to your foolishness anymore. Have at it.
Keep backpeddling, it fits you.

Who is going to pay him? Which "best doctors in the world" will be fixing him up?

This right here is 100% correct. He could come back to school and renewal his foot (likely due to history) so why not get paid and have the best doctors in the world working to fix you up. It’s never a good idea to come back if you are young, talented and have a nice little injury history. Your stock tends to fall the longer you stay in and it falls even more if you have injury history

Matt Jones railing on Vanderbilt and his people. Said he was a major distraction this year and Cal and the team were very frustrated with him all season. He said Vanderbilt leaving is probably what UK actually wanted to have happen.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Matt Jones railing on Vanderbilt and his people. Said he was a major distraction this year and Cal and the team were very frustrated with him all season. He said Vanderbilt leaving is probably what UK actually wanted to have happen.

See. I am usually not one to bash on players but there seems to have been some* smoke to the this type of thing all year.

I genuinely do wish him the best, but it seems as if it WAS the best for UK for JV to bounce (as insane as it is for him to think he will be drafted)

He won’t be missed, injury-prone and can’t shoot a layup- if these are the type of players who want to leave, best to move on. Had the potential to be a great passer and rebounder.

Yup, this is why Willie Cauley Stein should have left after 2014 when he was injured again. He likely would have been a 2nd round pick and been paid by someone instead of sticking around and trying to prove himself and improve his stock. Clearly too much to risk.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT