ADVERTISEMENT

Payne fired

I wish nothing but the best for Kenny Payne and I hope he ends up at a good program. =)

Here's some trivia: name the only team that Kenny Payne's Cards beat twice.

But they have to wait till April 1st to save money a few people said on here. Can’t believe about 90% of what’s said on these threads. Where does things like that come from, just the ass?

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Payne is a POS and Cal better not bring that damn fraud back to Lexington
He’s a absolute disgrace to the sideline and a lazy one at that

I think Payne is probably lazy there’s some validity to this. He did not like to recruit and was given a “works with the bigs” title. Which essentially means he’s not even much of a coach and we gave him something to do. Usually not being a fan of recruiting in this business means you don’t want to travel.

Payne was just a guy that would do as he’s told and Calipari could trust him. That’s the only type of guys Calipari allows on his sideline and these guys are typically associates not coaches, or can hold serve in recruiting (salesman). He doesn’t usually have “coaches” on his staff to be honest. It’s more like a marketing business with employees.

Payne does well to do what the coach wants, play some Batman and robin, smile, and never cause problems.

I do not want Payne back on staff. It doesn’t do us any good, I’m ready for guys like welch to assume those roles.

Now if we could be so kind as to quit having any Louisville players on our bench, and stop the intermixing of these programs. It cheapens Kentucky every time this happens. Began with “Pitino players in the NBA” with our players on their wall.

No more Louisville players here, UK players and coaches there, no more. No more no more.

You never see this anywhere else.

Now if we could be so kind as to quit having any Louisville players on our bench, and stop the intermixing of these programs. It cheapens Kentucky every time this happens. Began with “Pitino players in the NBA” with our players on their wall.

No more Louisville players here, UK players and coaches there, no more. No more no more.

I'm in favor of severing the rivalry. Our program has elevated them too far. We got them out of mid-major status. Rivalry is a joke anyway. What is it, like 18-3 since 2001?

chris-mack-eric-wood.jpg

Welll. We might be getting their women’s basketball coach…..

• Sad
Reactions: Jeff2Reed
I think Payne is probably lazy there’s some validity to this. He did not like to recruit and was given a “works with the bigs” title. Which essentially means he’s not even much of a coach and we gave him something to do. Usually not being a fan of recruiting in this business means you don’t want to travel.

Payne was just a guy that would do as he’s told and Calipari could trust him. That’s the only type of guys Calipari allows on his sideline and these guys are typically associates not coaches, or can hold serve in recruiting (salesman). He doesn’t usually have “coaches” on his staff to be honest. It’s more like a marketing business with employees.

Payne does well to do what the coach wants, play some Batman and robin, smile, and never cause problems.

I do not want Payne back on staff. It doesn’t do us any good, I’m ready for guys like welch to assume those roles.
There is more to recruiting than "traveling". You're constantly trying to "sell" the school, dealing with recruits telling "well this school said that UK bla bla bla", recruits looking for handouts and guaranteed spots / playing time. And then you deal with sometimes neurotic and controlling parents and the kids' "camps".

There is more to recruiting than "traveling". You're constantly trying to "sell" the school, dealing with recruits telling "well this school said that UK bla bla bla", recruits looking for handouts and guaranteed spots / playing time. And then you deal with sometimes neurotic and controlling parents and the kids' "camps".

That’s true, but I do think much of the time when an assistant doesn’t like to recruit, it’s mainly due to constant travel. I assume with Payne it’s not the parents or the handlers, it’s flying all over the country outside of games that is the issue. Could be wrong.

I do feel bad for him because he inherited a crap situation. But he did sign up for it so in a way he was saying he was up for the challenge. He was not.

He does do well as an assistant. He did well as one here and did well as one in the nba. He just doesn’t seem to have the necessary drive/motivation required to be a high level HC. There’s nothing morally wrong with that. The moral problem is when you’re not qualified for a role a like that but you take it and the paycheck anyway.

I don’t think that warrants the lashing rolaid gave him, I do think overall he’s a good person. He’s never given me a reason to suspect otherwise.

Payne is a POS and Cal better not bring that damn fraud back to Lexington
He’s a absolute disgrace to the sideline and a lazy one at that
If he were on our staff this year, we would be getting much more production out of our 21 feet of centers. He has always been great at developing big guys. I'd like to hear what you mean by POS, fraud and disgrace associated with Kenny Payne.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT