ADVERTISEMENT

Vanderbilt gone. Official

Vanderbilt has skills that surpass Knox and abilities that surpass SGA. I can see him drafted in the late second round by a team that takes a chance on his durability. If he is going to break again, might as well get paid.

I don’t think he will be drafted. He’s barely played any basketball in over a year lol...

The writing was on the wall with the statements about Cal’s and Vanderbilt’s relationship. My opinion? It’s Vanderbilt’s handlers making this decision and the reason for the strained relationship with Cal. It’s a moronic decision of the highest level.

Can’t really judge the decision for 3 weeks, imo. If someone has made him a promise that results in a $1 million+ guarantee, hard to fault the decision with his injury history.

I hope for his sake that he got that guarantee.

I predicted four from the start. Never wavered- Knox, SGA, Diallo and Vanderbilt. Was totally blindsided by Gabriel even declaring though.

Vanderbilt couldn’t wait to bounce so thought that one was easy. Given the leg stuff, never got hopes up for a return

Nine-and-Done. Games, that is. Honestly, I can't say I'm sorry -as long as the Travis Reid thing is real. Worrying all summer about whether he'd ever be healthy wasn't going to be fun.

And I’m sure they would have kept his injury status hush hush.

He played what? 10 games? In a year and a half? I don’t get it. I love the kid but I just don’t get it. It’s like watching some neophyte artist move to New York to “make it big” and has all the passion in the world, but gets sick every month and can’t paint. You just know it’s not going happen.

I’m bummed for HIM. And us. Ugh.

Wenyen made sense since he’s maxed out. Vanderbilt leaving after sitting on that butt so long is absolutely hilarious and he lost money tonight

His call. Bring someone who wants to be here
I don’t think he did lose money tbh
He seems to be injury prone and this might be his best shot.
There also seems to have been some other issues with the guy. Just something weird there

What NBA team will take a chance on a injured cannot shoot player. So he goes to G League and gets broken down for peanuts. Probably worst decision of all of Cal's player since he came to UK.

May not be drafted. If he came back and stayed healthy he may have been a lottery pick. If he got hurt he......may not have been drafted.

Don’t get it. He had so much to gain by coming back. ‘Tis what ‘tis. Can’t say I have any warm and fluffy feelings for the guy but I wish him the best.

If we get Travis, we’ll be fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: UK_fan_41102
I predicted four from the start. Never wavered- Knox, SGA, Diallo and Vanderbilt. Was totally blindsided by Gabriel even declaring though.

Vanderbilt couldn’t wait to bounce so thought that one was easy. Given the leg stuff, never got hopes up for a return
I thought Green, PJ, and Vanderbilt would come back. I waivered back and forth on Gabriel. But after watching Jones periscope last night, it’s clear Vanderbilt’s handlers were itching for him to leave.

It's what some of us had been hearing for months. His camp is scared his body won't hold up and they see a limited amount of time to collect a paycheck.

But, if he can only play 9 games before getting hurt again, how will his body hold up playing 80 games, while playing a more physical game, against grown men? Not smart. The kid listened to some really bad advice.

Smartest play I think for him. Good luck to him. Hopefully in two years we see what he’s capable of.

Let’s hope for his sake. I think he’s between a rock and a hard place. I’d just like to see him healthy, but wow it appears he has a tough mountain to climb.

Vanderbilt has skills that surpass Knox and abilities that surpass SGA. I can see him drafted in the late second round by a team that takes a chance on his durability. If he is going to break again, might as well get paid.
SGA and Knox both much more skilled than Vanderbilt. Guy struggled to make wide open layup.

To be candid, the type of player I hope Cal avoids, as he was one of the few players I felt like had little interest in all of this being a two way street. He looked at UK as his meal ticket and at the end, I think hurt the team. I still don't buy all the injury stuff.

There are a million "energy" guys in the pros. He had very little offensive feel. Look at MKG. If people could have looked in the future and saw that his offense would never develop, he would have fallen out of the lottery. And Vanderbilt is not MKG. Plus he is not that big. Kevin Fared, Montrez Harrell, etc. Those players are similar but all bigger.

Reactions: ManitouDan
Only thing I can think of is that he doesn't want to risk further injury if he has that many problems.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT