ADVERTISEMENT

Vanderbilt gone. Official

Want to bet that you don’t know? Na. Can’t see how you could prove that you do. If you know something then spill. Already told you I don’t know.
It’s all good. Just busting your chops. I still highly doubt it.

Reactions: Aike
He is in a tough predicament. With his injury history it’s difficult to predict how he will hold up during another year of college basketball. Guess he thinks it’s now or never, or it’s just less time he has to risk getting injured again while not being paid.

It’s really a sad situation. Dude is unbelievably skilled and I truly believe he could have been one of the greats here. His size and athleticism mixed with his motor and ball ha sling skills are rarely seen in the game. While I would have loved to see him show off his abilities in a Kentucky uniform I hope he can stay healthy long enough in the league to really show what he is capable of.

Best of luck to him and I will be rooting for him to make it. No hard feelings.

Moving on.

It's what some of us had been hearing for months. His camp is scared his body won't hold up and they see a limited amount of time to collect a paycheck.
Don’t even come here with that after you guaranteed Reid wasn’t leaving Stanford, and proceeded to call me and anyone else that believed otherwise a fool. You’ve been exposed. You have not one posters respect here. Be gone.

rather inexplicable, but with the (apparent) Travis news it makes sense, PJ, JV and Travis is 3 starters for 2 spots

Travis is a must get now though

Reactions: wildcatwelder
He hasn''t been healthy for years. Why is everyone surprised by this? Go while you still have a semblence of mystery. We will get Reid Travis and be way better off. This is a WIN.

Hope he earns some money before his foot explodes. He just seems like a guy that's going to have chronic injuries his entire career.

Get Travis and we're set. Four bigs is plenty, especially with all the depth at guard and three-guard lineups Cal will probably use.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
I consider UK fans more knowledgeable than any fan base including NBA teams. When the majority if not 90% think you aren't ready for even the G-League you got wrong advice kid.

I'm not sure how valued "elite rebounders" are in Europe but congrats on doing nothing for the greatest college team of all time. (Slow Clap)

SGA and Knox both much more skilled than Vanderbilt. Guy struggled to make wide open layup.

(1) I didn’t say Vando’s skills surpassed SGA’s.
(2) Knox is not more skilled than Vando. If the NBA was a game of HORSE, you would have a point. But, it’s not.

It’s all good. Just busting your chops. I still highly doubt it.

Like I said, I just hope he did. I’m not going to form an opinion until I see how the draft shakes out.

I’m disappointed that he’s gone, for the record. But since he is, I hope he knows what he’s doing.

Reactions: JerseyCat84
Yet another dummy from Kentucky leaving early. Kid can't shoot from outside 5 feet and thinks he is NBA material. Wow. This team is a train wreck every year as players leave who should never leave.

So remember that article CBS wrote when Kentucky lost 4 in a row. "Might be a good thing since most everyone will be coming back".

WRONG

Once again next year when this team fails to make the final 4 we will be saying if only this guy stayed or that guy stayed.....

GROUND HOG DAY

Really surprised by this decision. Have to wonder what kind of guidance he is getting from handlers. Maybe where he is so injury prone they “handlers” decided it’s now or never?

Vanderbilt has skills that surpass Knox and abilities that surpass SGA. I can see him drafted in the late second round by a team that takes a chance on his durability. If he is going to break again, might as well get paid.
Shooting the ball sure isn’t one of those skills. He couldn’t be any worse at that.

So much venom and let’s not pretend anybody cares about what’s best for Vanderbilt, they just want another piece to the puzzle. Besides this may be best for both sides, he’s injury prone and won’t have a career if he got hurt again in college.

UK would suffer chemistry issues with another mid season injury plus possibly lose out on Travis. We will never know but being nasty about it doesn’t hurt him at all but makes the fans look bad, not that fans doing it care.

Reactions: JohnKBA
Yet another dummy from Kentucky leaving early. Kid can't shoot from outside 5 feet and thinks he is NBA material. Wow. This team is a train wreck every year as players leave who should never leave.

So remember that article CBS wrote when Kentucky lost 4 in a row. "Might be a good thing since most everyone will be coming back".

WRONG

Once again next year when this team fails to make the final 4 we will be saying if only this guy stayed or that guy stayed.....

GROUND HOG DAY
Step off the ledge. Good grief.

Peace out JV. Pretty much falls in the Archie Goodwin category for me. Clearly didn’t want to play at Kentucky. Just wanted to be associated with UK and get out ASAP
I don't know. I think the leg thing - namely, the susceptibility he appears to have for lower leg injuries - complicates things. Rock and a hard place. I think he absolutely could not afford to come back to UK and suffer another injury. That would make him toxic, and effectively end the NBA dream. So, I get why he'd leave. However.......he's not getting drafted this year (presumably), so he's going to the G League - and if he's likely to get injured at UK, he's just as likely to get injured in the G League.

Reactions: TheWyldKat
The writing was on the wall with the statements about Cal’s and Vanderbilt’s relationship. My opinion? It’s Vanderbilt’s handlers making this decision and the reason for the strained relationship with Cal. It’s a moronic decision of the highest level.

But these players need to be given everything and handed contracts in college. Why is that when they already recieve hundreds of thousands in benefits?

Because their "family" (God father uncle T) needs a new sports car

Good luck to him but he just made the decision equivalent to getting a degree in French literature...

But, if he can only play 9 games before getting hurt again, how will his body hold up playing 80 games, while playing a more physical game, against grown men? Not smart. The kid listened to some really bad advice.

The NBA isn't the only place to get paid for basketball. The thinking is that his body only has a limited amount of time to cash checks, and another year of free games/practices is too big a risk.

But these players need to be given everything and handed contracts in college. Why is that when they already recieve hundreds of thousands in benefits?

Because their "family" (God father uncle T) needs a new sports car
Yep. What frustrates me is I don’t think he anything to do with the decision to sit out so many games this year or the decision to go pro. And that pisses me off that others are screwing with his future to put money in their pockets. It sucks.

Reactions: morgousky
Anybody know if he can get surgery and proper care covered if required if he has a G League contract?
Good question since he's likely on his parents plan up to age 26 but not sure of the limitations. I would think the G-League has comparable care to UK but hard to say. They might just choose an injury settlement if the timeframe is longer than the club expects.

Don’t even come here with that after you guaranteed Reid wasn’t leaving Stanford, and proceeded to call me and anyone else that believed otherwise a fool. You’ve been exposed. You have not one posters respect here. Be gone.

Reid told the Stanford staff he wasn't going to transfer. This was confirmed, even if you refuse to believe it. It's not my job to convince you to believe facts.

I wish him the best. I’ve said all along to have decent title odds we’d need both PJ and JV back...barring Cal reclassing some stud big man or pulling one out of a hat. Travis Reid is all the stud I meant we needed so if Cal gets him all the way out of that hat we’re golden. Reid plus the other two would have been insane, but easy come easy go. It only even lookrd like a possibility for an hour or so.

Regarding JV, this is the smart move if you’re so hurt you don’t even know for sure you’ll play next season. So I hope it’s a dumb move. I have nothing against the kid and I’d rather see him dumb than broken.

WRONG

GROUND HOG DAY
Just pull for Ohio state or Xavier then, since there are so many dummies that play for UK.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
I wish I lived in the early 1900's where there was actual state pride in playing for Kentucky. Now we recruit dudes from Cali who play 10 games and leave for Europe. I bet Adolph Rupp is rolling over in his grave.

Reactions: susan2361
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT