ADVERTISEMENT

UK just released a statement on Big Z…

Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor

Bottom line: this statement is good news.

You don't put out an official statement by the top staff of the University saying that all are pulling together to get this done -- then fail to get it done. You look like numbskulls and incompetents if that happens.

I believe, as I always have, that it'll get done and Big Z will play at UK this year. Unless, of course, the UK administrative staff IS a collection of numbskulls and incompetents, without even the shrewdness to attempt to hide that.

Last edited:
This statement told us nothing. I have no idea why it was even put out honestly. They may as well have Karin Jean-Pierre out there saying no comment or talking in circles lying or saying nothing.
Truer words were never typed .This situation takes the UK basketball program clown show to new heights and throws it over the edge.

This entire fiasco is beyond absurd and worth someone raising hell. What does the language proficiency waiver depend on country of origin? Given the amount of jackwads admitted to UK and every other university, I can't imagine it's anything remotely academic. So it must just be that waiver.

Can't recall if it was last year or year before, the football team missed at least one transfer because of the admissions office. Came down to the last few days before camp.

Given that basically anyone can get in, it's pretty amazing scholarship athletes, especially in revenue sports, continue to have bs hangups.

I’m blaming Klutch Sports! It was leaked last week they are now representing top brass in the Academic Dept. This is nothing but a shakedown!

• Sad
Reactions: RunninRichie
I’m of the mind cal knew this guy would be a long shot to not only get cleared for school but also to play which is the next step that isn’t gonna happen. He went after him to shut the fanbase up not because he expected him to play. The two seven footer comment the other week proved that. Cal never counted on this guy. At this point cal will be happy to get him in school even if the ncaa doesn’t clear him so that he can have another nba er to brag about

This entire fiasco is beyond absurd and worth someone raising hell. What does the language proficiency waiver depend on country of origin? Given the amount of jackwads admitted to UK and every other university, I can't imagine it's anything remotely academic. So it must just be that waiver.

Can't recall if it was last year or year before, the football team missed at least one transfer because of the admissions office. Came down to the last few days before camp.

Given that basically anyone can get in, it's pretty amazing scholarship athletes, especially in revenue sports, continue to have bs hangups.
Time to give everyone more extensions starting with Barney. Extend him to 2040. We all love mediocrity hell I’m getting used to limited expectations and bs hype.

You don't put out an official statement by the top staff of the University saying that all are pulling together to get this done -- then fail to get it done. You look like numbskulls and incompetents if that happens.

I believe, as I always have, that it'll get done and Big Z will play at UK this year. Unless, of course, the UK administrative staff IS a collection of numbskulls and incompetents, without even the shrewdness to attempt to hide that.
Seems like a coin flip on the admissions staff being competent or not

• Sad
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I’m of the mind cal knew this guy would be a long shot to not only get cleared for school but also to play which is the next step that isn’t gonna happen. He went after him to shut the fanbase up not because he expected him to play. The two seven footer comment the other week proved that. Cal never counted on this guy. At this point cal will be happy to get him in school even if the ncaa doesn’t clear him so that he can have another nba er to brag about
Good lord. The issue isnt the NCAA. He’s already NCAA eligible. The issue is solely UK admission and the ridiculous test that he supposedly has taken and passed 2 of.

He will be playing college basketball somewhere next season. It should be UK.

The fact that an official statement had to be put out at all on this is embarrassing for the administration. That alone makes them look like numbskulls.

This where UK has shown and continues to show that it is a COMPLETE JOKE.

That admissions office has been a money-grabbing bunch of political bullsht ever since I moved here. From disallowing A-grade, transfer credits from NORTHWESTERN.... yes, THAT Northwestern .... from that situation to this absolute fiasco of a situation is par for the FREAKIN COURSE at UK.

IT IS A COMPLETE JOKE AT THIS POINT that this school is even CONSIDERING giving a European student a hard time about admissions when quite a few people that graduate from UK can't even speak or read English at a high level.

The whole department needs to be gutted and reformed from good, honest, arrogant, and lazy, govt employees to a department that works towards the best interests of the students. Been way too long in coming. UK is NOT on the level of NW, Vandy, Stanford, or Princeton, so they shouldn't be acting like it, but ALSO should be trying to find ways to help people instead of the regular drama they conjure out of thin air.

My buddy knows quite a few students that got far different treatment.

-One had a 15 on their ACT and didn't qualify academically. Donation to the university and they got in. No further questions asked.

-One was RECRUITED by one of the schools because of their incredible academic record and background to come to UK from Northwestern, where they were an honors student. That's when the ADMISSIONS OFFICE shafted the VERY SAME student the school recruited, disallowing at LEAST 12 transfer credits from NU, BUT WAITING to tell them until AFTER the add/drop deadline of the SPRING semester, when they had been there for the fall already.

The other AMAZING thing to me in the last example, is that the A student was accepted BACK TO Northwestern IMMEDIATELY and never given ONE SIGNLE OUNCE of grief over transfer credits from UK that didn't meet NUs standards or bulletin.

The difference is that Northwestern VALUES ITS STUDENTS, unlike UK admissions and admin that sees them as a means to an end. It's not the first time and won't be the last until the president gets sht straight in that department.

They suck and have for some time.

The fact that an official statement had to be put out at all on this is embarrassing for the administration. That alone makes them look like numbskulls.
Well, why should they try to hide what they are? Certainly seems that no one holds them accountable.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Hand wringing over nothing. They put out a statement to try and stop the hand wringing but it just led to more hand wringing.

Ever since Covid when people stopped working, morons everywhere were being promoted to positions they had no business filling. It's the same all over the country in every industry.

It’s probably more that they died or retired and then the morons took over those spots. I know scores of people at UK who noped out when Zoom became a big thing. For the people actually not working, that affects McDonalds more than a large university - even though a good bit of those at a large university *should* be working at McDonald’s…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT