ADVERTISEMENT

Big Z gone ?

Big Z is going to be able to receive huge NIL money as a result of international markets from Major donors. Walmart and especially Tyson was huge operations all over the world. Cal has long wanted to get players from Europe, China Australia and Africa.

This will be huge for Cal getting 20-year-olds and unlimited NIL from Overseas branding! He will no longer have to recruit just freshman.
I was hoping you were, yet you keep creating more accounts so you can spew your nonsense.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
Big Z is going to be able to receive huge NIL money as a result of international markets from Major donors. Walmart and especially Tyson was huge operations all over the world. Cal has long wanted to get players from Europe, China Australia and Africa.

This will be huge for Cal getting 20-year-olds and unlimited NIL from Overseas branding! He will no longer have to recruit just freshman.
Are we supposed to be excited?

I didn’t think he was allowed to benefit from the NIL because he is on a student Visa….

What's that mean for this situation? Like, is he gone for good or what? If he's just leaving for the summer, it's critical that Pope build as much of a relationship with him as possible.
Him Reeves and thiero were on live. One of them said they may go down the street and when asked Z what hes doing he said hes going home and he misses his family

Him Reeves and thiero were on live. One of them said they may go down the street and when asked Z what hes doing he said hes going home and he misses his family
Understandable. Pope's a good dude. Hope he can convince Z to embrace his Kentucky family.

Who gives a crap about what roll the ball out Cal can do. Z would be smart to stay and play in Pope's offense which favors his talents, where as Cal will just keep stuffing him down in the paint.

Big Z came to play for Cal and inexplicably got fewer minutes than Bradshaw. There's no way he should think about transferring to Arkansas when he's been gifted a new coach who

A) was a center and should be able to develop him well;
B) will play the best lineup regardless of who they are;
C) emphasizes the importance of a skilled, shooting, passing big man (that is LITERALLY Big Z); and
D) is willing to play zone.

Z would be unstoppable. He's an excellent passer, he can shoot, he can drive, he's athletic, and he needs some polish. Pope can shine Z right up.
Without Welch on his staff Z will be playing with his back to the basket and not be allowed to venture out to the 3 point line unless it’s to set a screen. If Cal had given Cousin and KAT more freedom to take 3’s we might have had a couple more championships. Hell he wouldn’t even let Davis take them. All three proved they could knock them down pretty consistently at the NBA level.

Reactions: JPFisher
Big Z needs to comeback. If he declares this time around, his collegiate career is over. I would argue there is no better coach that would utilize him better than Mark Pope in a 5 out offense and Pope being a big man himself that has played in the league. This would be the best thing for Big Z.

Reactions: NociHTTP

Gods still leading you astray..

I definitely took that to mean he's going home for a break, not going home forever.

I'm sure he will be back playing in the US, either for a college or the NBA

Man are wrong about that. He was 3 going on 4 when calipari was hired. All the kid knows is Calipari. Dude is his hero. Doubtful he’s coming back. He loves Kentucky too much to go to arky. But he’s not playing for another coach. .why Z is a more important player to focus on right now. Because he can actually increase his draft stock.
I’m thinking Reed knows more about Kentucky basketball and its history than you do. I’m sure he would play for Pope. Just his dad’s roommate and friend. They also have matching rings, but what do I know.

Clips I watched of BYU this past year, the 5 initiated 90% of their half-court offense. The decision maker as to who got the shot. If Big Z were shown the same clips I watched, I'm sure the recruitment would become much easier
I watched that video that was posted here that broke down Popes offense. The 5 he had making all those passes is likely following him here, but I would say Z is probably an even better player to fill that role. I really hope Pope can sell him in staying. Could make him a lottery pick.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
If Z has any hope of playing in the NBA and showcasing his skill set, the perfect coach to do that was just hired. I would guess if Pope hasn’t already been told he’s leaving, that Pope will ensure he gets some NIL money to stay. His skills fit perfectly into Popes offensive system.

I for one hope he stays.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought F1 student visas greatly prevent Big Z from collecting NIL benefits. I believe active (most common type) NIL arrangements are expressly prohibited, while passive (and I presume less common/less lucrative) NIL opportunities are somewhat limited in their use. I know very little about this stuff, so any enlightening is appreciated. If my understanding is correct, it seems Big Z would make more money playing outside the NCAA in any professional league willing to throw some money at him.
Oscar found a way around it and was able to make some decent money. Whatever he did could work for Z too I think.

Following Arkansas on twitter doesn't seem a good sign but I wish he would at least give Pope a visit.

In Pope's offense Big Z could possibly be an All American. Sheppard could be Player of the Year. I was dumbfounded when I heard Pope was getting the job but after I studied up on him I'm stoked for next year. People are concerned that he can't recruit elite talent, but he will bring in better talent than what he got to BYU without the restrictions of Mormon schools. He's known as a good X and O coach and how many times did good X and O coaches without elite talent beat our top recruiting coach and his elite talent? Pope is all about KENTUCKY too, how refreshing.
The least we can do is get behind him and hope for the best. He deserves a chance and all these woe is me, we’re Indiana now or UK Basketball is officially dead, posters can all kick rocks all the way to Stoors Connecticut, or Auburn or Tuscaloosa or wherever they think the best coaches who they think were obligated to come here because were entitled or something reside.

From a development standpoint you’re right. Pope is best for his growth. Unfortunately, his emotions and loyalty may get the best of him. He’s still a kid. It will be interesting to see if he has the maturity to think this through logically.
He was loved by BBN moreso than he was with cal. I hope mark gets a chance to sit with him and sell him on his system. Z could be an absolute monster next year properly coached and utilized which will not happen under clueless cal.

Pastor Bob, pastor Bob, pastor bob.....

Shouldn't you be preparing your sermon for tomorrow??

Hopefully it will be much better than your post.

God Bless.
We are having a Yard Sale at the Church right now. If you want to see my sermon tomorrow, I can send you a Link. Yes, I do already have my sermon, I prepare my sermon every day not just on Saturday. But thanks for the advice.
I will be Praying for you! Didn't mean to rattle your feathers!

Without Welch on his staff Z will be playing with his back to the basket and not be allowed to venture out to the 3 point line unless it’s to set a screen. If Cal had given Cousin and KAT more freedom to take 3’s we might have had a couple more championships. Hell he wouldn’t even let Davis take them. All three proved they could knock them down pretty consistently at the NBA level.
Then, you don't know anything about Pope. Mark pretty much requires that all five guys on the court be able to step out and knock down the trey. Z would most definitely be shooting from different spots on the court.

We are having a Yard Sale at the Church right now. If you want to see my sermon tomorrow, I can send you a Link. Yes, I do already have my sermon, I prepare my sermon every day not just on Saturday. But thanks for the advice.
Okay, PasteurizedBoob.

Then, you don't know anything about Pope. Mark pretty much requires that all five guys on the court be able to step out and knock down the trey. Z would most definitely be shooting from different spots on the court.
Pretty sure he was saying what would happen if he went w/ Cal, who is w/out welch this year; not what Pope would do w/ him

Reactions: trueblujr2
Big Z came to play for Cal and inexplicably got fewer minutes than Bradshaw. There's no way he should think about transferring to Arkansas when he's been gifted a new coach who

A) was a center and should be able to develop him well;
B) will play the best lineup regardless of who they are;
C) emphasizes the importance of a skilled, shooting, passing big man (that is LITERALLY Big Z); and
D) is willing to play zone.

Z would be unstoppable. He's an excellent passer, he can shoot, he can drive, he's athletic, and he needs some polish. Pope can shine Z right up.
I think this is a very insightful post ! Thanks for these astute observations, J.P.

No inside knowledge whatsoever. But i got the vibe that Z realized Cal’s coaching was a joke very early on.
The game I went to and watched was our loss in the SEC tournament. Z was lost and Cal was screaming at him while he was on the floor and Z threw his hands up shrugging his shoulders like “what”. Then Cal would turn to the bench mad showing his disgust. It was clear he had no idea what Cal was wanting from him and I doubt Cal did either.
I left there shaking my head thinking this is the conference tournament in March and this team is still in total disarray. Cal was a clown that couldn’t coach/teach. He relied on pure talent his whole theory was “go out there and beat your man!” No teamwork.

I was talking about if he went to Arkansas. I think if you track my other posts about Z I’m well aware Popes system is tailor made for Z.

Didn't rattle my feathers at all.

Just don't understand why some of our UK fans can't let go of Cal. Especially a pastor.

Cal chose to leave. We have a new coach that I am going to support.

His name is Mark Pope. MP could use Big Z in his UPDATED offense much better than Cal would ever utilize his passing and outside shooting in his outdated inside out offense.

Hard to hit a three with your back to the basket and your feet in the paint.

That is where Cal thought he could best use Z's talent.

Who gives a crap about what roll the ball out Cal can do. Z would be smart to stay and play in Pope's offense which favors his talents, where as Cal will just keep stuffing him down in the paint.
Can't emphasize this enough!!! Z would be a PERFECT FIT!!!

Reactions: jwphelps

You do realize we don't fear if he has all five top picks together and the '90s bulls champions playing for him at the same time right. He has been proving this for 10 years.

I’m thinking Reed knows more about Kentucky basketball and its history than you do. I’m sure he would play for Pope. Just his dad’s roommate and friend. They also have matching rings, but what do I know.
Let me get this st8…Reed will prob be drafted top5 in the NBA and yet kentucky want him to stay in college one more year to play for Pope? Risk it all..injury?! Give up another year from the “Big 2nd NBA contract?!? Is that what we doing Kentucky??

Lol I thought Cal was the use car salesman!

Last edited:
"pastorbob" has 26 posts in a twenty year period.
Suspicious Red Flag GIF by ABC Network

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
Let me get this st8…Reed will prob be drafted top5 in the NBA and yet kentucky want him to stay in college one more year to play for Pope? Risk it all..injury?! Give up another year from the “Big 2nd NBA contract?!?
Is that what we doing Kentucky??
"we"? Trust me, you're not part of "we". I hear your savior is squealing on the spit.

They are still regulated but US Law. He is here on a student visa so no amount of international business can save him on that front.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT