ADVERTISEMENT

Just Wondering

Not really surprised none of Cals guys stayed. I am really surprised we didn't get anyone from BYU. It seems like every other coach that changed jobs brought a few guys with them to their new school.

• Haha
Reactions: chroix
Not really surprised none of Cals guys stayed. I am really surprised we didn't get anyone from BYU. It seems like every other coach that changed jobs brought a few guys with them to their new school.
Chandler was pretty much a lock to BYU.

Getting guys from BYU is gonna be a different proposition. A lot of them aren't only there for basketball. As far as recruiting goes Pope is really starting out from the ground floor here.

I dont understand why ppl are so obsessed with Z. He had a good game against the worst team in the SEC. Other than that he was extremely weak and slow.

I'd be curious to know which guys that were on our roster when Calipari left that Pope actually wanted and recruited, Big Z comes to mind, but who knows
I actually thought he would be the one to stay. Given the former UK coach's mismanagement of him, and Pope's own history and background, I thought he would be a great fit for Pope's system.
With Big Z's ability to shoot the 3. He would have been an All-American under Pope.

Reactions: WebCatKy
I'd be curious to know which guys that were on our roster when Calipari left that Pope actually wanted and recruited, Big Z comes to mind, but who knows
It seemed like Z was a tepid yes but not a priority. It seems like he wouldn't have turned down Adou, but, again, wasn't going out of his way to get him back. Other than that I don't believe he wanted any of them back. His non-recruitment of last season's players plus not adding Antigua to the staff really suggests he wanted a totally fresh start.

I actually thought he would be the one to stay. Given the former UK coach's mismanagement of him, and Pope's own history and background, I thought he would be a great fit for Pope's system.
And yet he was Cal's first player at Arkansas. Surprises me too. I imagine it's different when you're coming from Europe and not as familiar with the layout of college basketball. Cal was a known entity, every other option not so much.

Sheppard is prolly the only one he wanted to retain, but we’ll never know. I’d say he wanted to start anew.

Well yes but I never considered Dilly as a possible player to come back. At least Reed there was a debate.
There was never any debate about Reed either. Just a bunch of wishful thinking fans. He wasn't coming back once the season ended.

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
Z needs to quit smoking Reds, hit the treadmill, and get into shape. I would agree with the lazy comment. I loved the kid, but he was out of breath after one minute on the court.
Does he seriously smoke the Reds?? 😂 he might turn into Vlade Divac if he keeps that up.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Only players matter to me are the players that have signed with kentucky and want to be here god these cal and arkansas threads are stupid and annoying the people that do these
kind of threads re
Mind me of people who worry about
What everyone else is doing instead of what they are doing

Here We Go Again GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
I don't know that I would want Z back. He is obviously a Cal believer. I mean I think it's stupid of him following Cal to Arkansas after how Cal treated Z and didn't play him much after that explosive game he had. I think Z's situation is similar to Reed in that I think both surprised Cal that they had some talent. (Obviously, Reed much, much better!!) I really think Cal was thinking he wouldn't have to worry about playing them much so his 5 stars could get their minutes. But when Reed took off and Z had that good game, Cal didn't play Z much after that.
If Cal would do that to Z, why in the world would he follow Cal? If he that unaware of things, I wouldn't want him on our team. (What if he stayed and became a Cal spy??🤣🤣🤣 just kidding!!)

Bottom line...I think a clean break is the best thing!!!

GO BIG BLUE AND
COACH POPE, TOO!!!💙💙💙

I don't know that I would want Z back. He is obviously a Cal believer. I mean I think it's stupid of him following Cal to Arkansas after how Cal treated Z and didn't play him much after that explosive game he had. I think Z's situation is similar to Reed in that I think both surprised Cal that they had some talent. (Obviously, Reed much, much better!!) I really think Cal was thinking he wouldn't have to worry about playing them much so his 5 stars could get their minutes. But when Reed took off and Z had that good game, Cal didn't play Z much after that.
If Cal would do that to Z, why in the world would he follow Cal? If he that unaware of things, I wouldn't want him on our team. (What if he stayed and became a Cal spy??🤣🤣🤣 just kidding!!)

Bottom line...I think a clean break is the best thing!!!

GO BIG BLUE AND
COACH POPE, TOO!!!💙💙💙
I'd guess it could be summed up in a word.. relationship. It'd be tough enough at his age to trust anyone in a new country and all. He trusts Cal and has a relationship with him. Same with his parents, I'd guess too. Say what ya want about Cal, I probably won't disagree, but I do think he genuinely cares for his players and that shows. And it pays off with recruiting...fwiw.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT