ADVERTISEMENT

UK a 6 seed in Palm's latest Bracketology

Don’t forget Kawahi Leonard in terms of the nba. I hope you’re right. But the scouts haven’t been saying “except for the top guys this class is weak.” It’s just been “this class is weak” or something similar. Again, I hope I’m the wrong one here and they’re all as good as advertised because if that happens it’s enough talent to get to a FF and beyond.

I just don’t see that happening. But I can’t reiterate this enough: I hope I’m the one who’s wrong.

Forgot he was in that class, but ranked around 50, that kind of tells you how off the rankings can be.

Yeah who really knows until they get on the court. They could all be busts for all we know, and other players in the class are better. But it seems the scouts more just don't love this class as a whole, from top to bottom. I feel confident we will land on at least one of these guys.

I would bet on Palm's prediction being closer to accurate than not. A lot of people are buying into this team, that will have a major reliance on untested freshmen, to do very well in a league of hungry, older, more experienced players.
And at the end of the day Calipari is still their coach. Never underestimate his ability to underperform.
I agree, this is the wrong year to be young and quite honestly, young teams haven't done too well the last 5 or 6 years and I'm not just talking about UK.

College basketball is going to be as old as it has ever been this year. Typically you take talent, but I don't think you take talent over heavily developed 25, 26 and 27 year olds.

I agree, this is the wrong year to be young and quite honestly, young teams haven't done too well the last 5 or 6 years and I'm not just talking about UK.

College basketball is going to be as old as it has ever been this year. Typically you take talent, but I don't think you take talent over heavily developed 25, 26 and 27 year olds.
This is why I see the need for one more veteran player. A veteran big man would work wonders for this team.

Cal said in his presser that he wouldn’t rule out adding a grad transfer in August.

We need a big man with experience.

Rumors have swirled about Dante out of Oregon. If he follows Martin here, that fills a major hole.

He would be the perfect fit.

That would give us three fifth year Seniors who have not only played P5 level basketball, but started and averaged double digits.

Reeves, Mitchell, and Dante would give us much needed experience and proven scoring. That’s three grown men to lead the young kids.

Add those in with the top two Freshmen (probably Wagner and Edwards) and you’ve got an excellent starting five.

That gives us a good balance of talent and experience.

That should help when the going gets tough. We need a big shot, hopefully Reeves or Mitchell can knock it down. We need a defensive stop at the rim, maybe Dante can deliver. Need a big rebound, maybe Mitchell or Dante grab it. We need those little things that the older guys bring to the table.

We need that one more veteran big, IMHO.

Reactions: kyjeff1
This is why I see the need for one more veteran player. A veteran big man would work wonders for this team.

Cal said in his presser that he wouldn’t rule out adding a grad transfer in August.

We need a big man with experience.

Rumors have swirled about Dante out of Oregon. If he follows Martin here, that fills a major hole.

He would be the perfect fit.

That would give us three fifth year Seniors who have not only played P5 level basketball, but started and averaged double digits.

Reeves, Mitchell, and Dante would give us much needed experience and proven scoring. That’s three grown men to lead the young kids.

Add those in with the top two Freshmen (probably Wagner and Edwards) and you’ve got an excellent starting five.

That gives us a good balance of talent and experience.

That should help when the going gets tough. We need a big shot, hopefully Reeves or Mitchell can knock it down. We need a defensive stop at the rim, maybe Dante can deliver. Need a big rebound, maybe Mitchell or Dante grab it. We need those little things that the older guys bring to the table.

We need that one more veteran big, IMHO.
I really like your posts. You post with common sense and logic. Great post here.

Reactions: bucsrule8872
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT