ADVERTISEMENT

UK 30th in Rivals Football Recruiting Rankings

I'm going to contest that for the 2013 Season...2014 was a down year I'll concede. They were an elite contender that season....a shootout SEC title game that had they made a few more plays? They play for a national title. Plenty of top draft picks too

-South Carolina finished the season #4 in the nation...with Clowney on the line. That was a high level group.

-Vanderbilt had James Franklin in 2013 and finished the season #24 in the nation.

-Georgia...though down...had an 8-4 season with Senior Aaron Murray with Gurley in the backfield (although he may have been injured in 2013?)

But my point is still valid. Mizzou still was out-recruited by the powerhouse programs....but they did a better job developing those players. The powerhouses could not maximize their 4-5 star players.

13 was a 3 score game and that 2 loss season had as much to do with the East being down as South Carolina being good. Clownly was still on the team but was taking the year off, Shaw was a heck of a player. I still say they weren't very good either year and don't think that team would have beaten this year's Uk, UF, UGA or Bama, in the crossover game, a 4-4 SEC record. Just an opinion. Our 13 team wasn't very good and beat Carolina

We quite possibly will have the #1 player picked in the draft with possibly 4 more picked in the first 2 rds... what were their star ratings coming out of HS?

UK was the exception and not the norm to have the kind of season it did with those recruiting rankings. If we are going to build or sustain the success from last year we have to take a step up in recruiting, not a step back. We have closed the gap which is good, but if we are going to move into a yearly conversation with the "big boys" of college football we have to keep moving forward in recruiting..

Reactions: jnewc2
We have to play prettier football to see a drastic change in recruiting.

We're going to have to start showing a better passing game that doesn't rely mostly on 1 receiver to be successful in bringing in better players. Most wide receivers don't want to primarily be run blockers. If we show that we are going to put in more of an effort in the passing game, then more quality players will start signing.

If I was a highly ranked wide receiver and I looked at things without blue tinted glasses on, I wouldn't likely come here based on the system that is currently in place. It might have been the best option for us to run the last few years, but it isn't a very attractive style unless you are a mobile QB or a RB.

I agree

I disagree on,Missouri getting the East 2 years over good teams. It was the weakest the East has ever been. Franklin had just left Vandy, Stoops had just started cleaning up Joker's mess, UT was on their 4th coach in about 6 years, Muschamp was showing he wasn't a good head coach, SOS dad retired, he just hadn't told anyone and Richt had disassociated himself from the football team. Those 2 Missouri teams would have struggled to get to 4-4 in today's East.

This is your opinion, not gospel. that Missouri team had a very good Dline with 3 stud pass rushers, a very solid QB and several very good wide receivers. And oh yeah, they beat UGA's ass at home.

They would compete just fine in today's SEC East. and despite you wanting to minimize it, the point was you dont need top 15 recruiting classes(which all the schools you mentioned had at the time, including UGA) to put together a consistently winning program like Mizzou had with Pinkle.

And UGA better win the SEC next year or back to the pack with a new QB. you are one Swift injury away from a mediocre offense. I'm betting you shit the bed against the West again

This is your opinion, not gospel. that Missouri team had a very good Dline with 3 stud pass rushers, a very solid QB and several very good wide receivers. And oh yeah, they beat UGA's ass at home.

They would compete just fine in today's SEC East. and despite you wanting to minimize it, the point was you dont need top 15 recruiting classes(which all the schools you mentioned had at the time, including UGA) to put together a consistently winning program like Mizzou had with Pinkle.

And UGA better win the SEC next year or back to the pack with a new QB. you are one Swift injury away from a mediocre offense. I'm betting you shit the bed against the West again

Lots of teams beat UGA's in 13, like the
rest of the East we weren't very goog. Yes it's my opinion. Just like your is yours.

Obviously you don't have a clue about our roster if you think Swift is the only back we have, it's tough getting snaps for 4 backs. No idea why you are spewing the venom towards me, I haven't said anything negative towards UK or Stoops or Amy other member of the staff, I don't even know their names, same as you don't know ours.

You guys think we got a GREAT recruiter.

Y'all better be happy beating out Kent St and BC for 3star guys
I just love posts like this. Big Cat Fan, huh? How I so enjoy fake news from an original fake who may be called to reality TV to show his expertise to the backwater cable audience

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT