ADVERTISEMENT

Ugo injury update

on MeManBoy twitter space, they asked about Calipari's comments. He said his source (which most think is Antiqua) said a couple of day ago, he would be out 10 days, and not trust anything Calipari says in public. But he added he would check with his source and tweet an update in a couple of days.

I thought Coach Cal said before heading to Toronto that Bradshaw would be staying behind so he wouldn't be on his foot much while his foot is healing. Coach Cal mentioned about getting another Big Man in August from the transfer portal. In August is when the Graduate transfers make a decision on going in the portal. I thought Coach Cal said if there was a player in the Portal that would really help the team they would go after that player. The Ugo news and still not really knowing when Bradshaw will be returning Coach Cal should get a big man from the Portal if he can help us at Center. I know some have talked about a couple of options that might happen in the Transfer Portal. Do we know who those Center options might be in August in the Transfer Portal?

I was in Toronto. Ugo struggled to walk, even with crutches. His injury struck me as pretty bad and he would need time to heal. Bradshaw, on the other hand, seemed to be moving around pretty well.
Hmmmmmm….I think I believe you, but curious why others are saying he wasn’t there.

Last edited:
Big men and foot/ankle trouble ..... long history of haunting many a big stud.

Hope he improves. Hope Bradshaw heals completely too. We need both, but one is critical. Although I'm sure Cal would love to milk the "us against the world" and "let's shock the world" angles with the freshmen.

Truth is both our bigs are skinny. We need more ass. Clear that lane out.

I say Kentucky should go all out in getting somto on board
Agreed, if there’s not a grad transfer big man better that comes along.

We need another body inside.

If there is the slightest chance Bradshaw and/or Onyenso won’t be 100% by the start of the season, we’ve got to have another option inside.

Mitchell can’t play 40 minutes and Burks is not really a 5.

Cyril would work in a pinch, if he can graduate HS and start classes this Fall.

But another experienced big man would be better.

I didn’t think Bradshaw was in Toronto?
I was there for the first 2 games and he was there. He sat behind the bench. He was not in uniform. I assume that was him. Very tall, very thin guy who got up and listened to huddle conversations. Ugo sat on the far end of the bench and did not get up.

Reactions: Dead Cat Bounce
Let's see. About a week ago, he was going to be out ten days. So "longer than originally thought" could mean he's back Thursday.

I'll never understand the instinct to read a random tweet and immediately hit the panic button. No reason to think he won't be fine well before Midnight Madness.
It’s called previous history is the best predictor of the future. Long lingering injuries is a cal staple and honestly makes zero sense.

I was in Toronto. Ugo struggled to walk, even with crutches. His injury struck me as pretty bad and he would need time to heal. Bradshaw, on the other hand, seemed to be moving around pretty well.
Bradshaw wasn’t with the team according to reports?

• Haha
Reactions: kybloo92
The season doesn’t start until November. That’s over 3 months from now. Both of these centers will be back well before then. They’re at worst going to miss some practice time but I don’t believe they’ll miss any games unless they get another injury.

Let's see. About a week ago, he was going to be out ten days. So "longer than originally thought" could mean he's back Thursday.

I'll never understand the instinct to read a random tweet and immediately hit the panic button. No reason to think he won't be fine well before Midnight Madness.
But why mention anything at this point? And tbf, it's not like UK BB coaches haven't been very mysterious about this kind of stuff in the past.

That being said, I see no reason why he won't be playing in Nov. And if it is that serious, they just need to come out and say so.

Not only that but there was some Cal snippet before last night where he said the same thing. For anyone that was there, was Ugo there last night? I thought it odd they didn’t include him in the gold medal pictures. I would’ve assumed he could’ve hobbled over on the crutches and stand off to the sides like the walkons.

As for the Bradshaw talk, he had social media posts that indicated he was not in Toronto.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Was Ugo in that Gold Medal pic? If not did he receive one? Could he even represent the US since he is an African nation national? Been thinking about this since I couldn't seem to find him in the pic.

His handlers must not think our style of play fits him. I Bet he sits out then hits the portal in December!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT