ADVERTISEMENT

Ugo injury update

Not me buddy. Cal can’t create a balanced roster to save his life. He always leaves some major hole then just tries to pound the squares into holes. If you think cal is all the sudden gonna be a critical out of the box thinker then you will be fooled for the 10th time. Yes in the college game you must have interior defense and rebounding. It’s how you avoid upset in the single elimination ncaaT. They can play that crap in the nba and afford a loss. When your team is cold you’re still in it if you can defend and rebound. I have no reason to believe this team is going to be running anyone off the court with their offense. Iñ Canada they played with a 24 sec clock and it’s forces pace as well as more possessions. College teams will lock us down until late in the shot clock. The only out of the box way cal can do this would be with a constant 40 min of hell press:
Having the best rebounder in 30 years really helped us win NCAA games :D

Reactions: gharding07
Having the best rebounder in 30 years really helped us win NCAA games :D
With a balanced roster we probably are in the thick of it both seasons. Instead cal went for a little 5’7” dwarf who couldn’t shoot or defend to run the team. You just proved my point. We had the rebounder but are guards were thin at best and pg was a team cancer. You can’t have one great player at a position then have a team killer at another and win. Come on dude do better with your argument.

With a balanced roster we probably are in the thick of it both seasons. Instead cal went for a little 5’7” dwarf who couldn’t shoot or defend to run the team. You just proved my point. We had the rebounder but are guards were thin at best and pg was a team cancer. You can’t have one great player at a position then have a team killer at another and win. Come on dude do better with your argument.
Nah, we couldn't beat mediocre teams with the best rebounder in a generation with much better components than the opposition. The point is there is more than one way to win, and being excellent at several of the plethora of elements of the game can get you there. Even if you lack in others.

Reactions: gharding07
Reactions: ZenCatFan73
Wonder what Adidas or Under Armor shoes would do for us? Nikes shoes = ankle & foot problems.

Nike is underpaying UK big time as it is.

Ul’s shoe contract dwarfs UK

What bigs are left to even grab? And with Bradshaw and Ugo being on track to be ready for the start of the season.. what big wants to take the chance on coming here, just to wind up being 3rd on the depth chart?

I think the realistic play here is to get Somto to reclass, and then immediately put him in bubble wrap. That, and maybe just find a 3-star 6'8" type guy who can just hold us over.

Reactions: Fox2monk
What bigs are left to even grab? And with Bradshaw and Ugo being on track to be ready for the start of the season.. what big wants to take the chance on coming here, just to wind up being 3rd on the depth chart?

I think the realistic play here is to get Somto to reclass, and then immediately put him in bubble wrap. That, and maybe just find a 3-star 6'8" type guy who can just hold us over.
Bradshaw really wants to play the 4 i think so that would put him/mitchell there.
Ugo gets better and them maybe get Dante from Oregon? I doubt it but it would be nice not to have to solely rely on mitchell at the 5 all the time as a backup.

We may play Villanova ball all year until they are ready. It’s gonna be a loooong wait until the start of the season. Then the rumors, then not playing, and then how long?

Last edited:
Bradshaw really wants to play the 4 i think so that would put him/mitchell there.
Ugo gets better and them maybe get Dante from Oregon? I doubt it but it would be nice not to have to solely rely on mitchell at the 5 all the time as a backup.
3 guys can play center, and like 3 or 4 can play pf. I wouldn't mind a emergency big but if there's thoughts both are gonna be fully healthy by December, what big guy is willing to risk sitting from end of December to end of year

We've got 4 months until basketball season. Did he freaking snap it in half?
t0K5tu7.jpg

Amputation
But it isn't all bad, they have a guy lined up to give him a leg

Unfortunately the guy is only 5' 8" tall, are any of you guys 7' that would be willing to take one for the team? Or I guess I should say give one for the team.

• Haha
Reactions: UKrazycat2
The season doesn’t start until November. That’s over 3 months from now. Both of these centers will be back well before then. They’re at worst going to miss some practice time but I don’t believe they’ll miss any games unless they get another injury.
And even if they miss practice tie there are other things they can work on.

I'm not worried one bit. If it comes necessary for me to worry because someone isn't healing on time then I think the most logical answer is to survive with the other big guy and bring in Sonto mid-year

Oh I agree, I just meant that having that type of rebounder doesn't guarantee anything just like having substandard rebounding doesn't mean we won't be good enough to compete for a title.
If we're unable to knock down the outside shot, then we won't be competing for a title.

Well, Cal has made progress anyway. He's actually seen Ugo. Better than what we've gotten in several years outta him.
Yeah Cal should have known his best shooter would go 1 for what, 14?

Last edited:
Not me buddy. Cal can’t create a balanced roster to save his life. He always leaves some major hole then just tries to pound the squares into holes. If you think cal is all the sudden gonna be a critical out of the box thinker then you will be fooled for the 10th time. Yes in the college game you must have interior defense and rebounding. It’s how you avoid upset in the single elimination ncaaT. They can play that crap in the nba and afford a loss. When your team is cold you’re still in it if you can defend and rebound. I have no reason to believe this team is going to be running anyone off the court with their offense. Iñ Canada they played with a 24 sec clock and it’s forces pace as well as more possessions. College teams will lock us down until late in the shot clock. The only out of the box way cal can do this would be with a constant 40 min of hell press:
I know it's super early but this team seems to have play makers at every position and some good depth. IMO it will be tough for someone to lock us down very many times as these guys play more together.
I'm more optimistic about this group of kids than any other team we've put on the floor for several years!!
Get the bigs healthy and let's see what happens.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
Missing time, even if it is for just a short span, can throw you off.

Tshiebwe missed the beginning of last season and even though it was just a few weeks, it put him behind.

Collins missed a little time last season and never really got into the groove.

Even missing in the offseason can put you behind, especially with an injury that requires rest and cuts back the amount of exercise you can get.

Then there’s rehab time as well. And time away from your teammates.

Missing time, any time at all, can be detrimental to development, especially at this level.

“He’s only missing two months in the summer.”

It still matters. Especially for these young guys.

Oh I agree, I just meant that having that type of rebounder doesn't guarantee anything just like having substandard rebounding doesn't mean we won't be good enough to compete for a title.
Still would be nice to grab rebounds when they are there. I’d hate to lose a game on offense rebounding problems. Extra shots are infuriating.

Can we suit up that trainer or assistant or whoever he was that was dominating Ugo in workouts?

Cal held hostage by one who entered to portal and another who threatened to go to usc. Neither one will be ready to go. I know folks have had fun watching our team but this is another massive mistake by cal to not fill out the roster with another big. It’s an annual thing now with this guy.
exactly right
there is no guarantee that their handlers will allow them to play at all since they have already been hurt.
they will probably be held out the entire year & UK will be left holding an empty bag yet again

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT