ADVERTISEMENT

Ugo injury update

That guy you mentioned might be a student trainer/assistant.. I saw him walking in with team. Looked to be about 7 feet tall, and he had a white spot of hair in the front. Never seen the guy before, but it was not Bradshaw..

And Ugo was there for the first couple of games, but not last Night. Calipari said he flew home early to see if he would require surgery.
Thank you for the correction and update. I assumed he was Bradshaw. I was wrong. Dude sure is tall and thin.

Last edited:
Ugo and Bradshaw will still be day to day by then....😉

I bet Cal will say both Ugo and Bradshaw miss too much practice time. It will be “unfair” to them to throw them out there!

Kansas is November 14th. He'll be just fine by then. Bradshaw will be good to go as well. 4 months is a long time! It's going to SUCK to wait that long to see them play again!
His foot might be ready, but will he be back basketball ready. How much time will be have spent playing with the team. Was just thinking how long it took Big O to be himself last year.

Reactions: ganner918
Was Ugo in that Gold Medal pic? If not did he receive one? Could he even represent the US since he is an African nation national? Been thinking about this since I couldn't seem to find him in the pic.
I THINK he could have played as we were representing USA we weren't officially Team USA (hence why we could wear our Kentucky jerseys); to wear USA jerseys there would've have to been open tryouts from what I heard.

So since he was a UK basketball member, I don't think that would've been an issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
Well that sucks, but it will ensure we get another year with him, a year practicing shooting and dribbling and weight lifting. Could be a beast next year

Cal held hostage by one who entered to portal and another who threatened to go to usc. Neither one will be ready to go. I know folks have had fun watching our team but this is another massive mistake by cal to not fill out the roster with another big. It’s an annual thing now with this guy.

Reactions: dcw62
I’m with you. Hoping Cals talk of transfer in August was a teaser for someone he knows will be available. Dante if I had my wish.

I think obviously Bradshaw should definitely be back by game #1, and I'm assuming Ugo will be as well, but yes, definitely would be great to get another one. Cyril reclass panning out, or Dante, would be perfect.

Both of our 7 footers have had surgery on their foot/ankle this summer. We hope they'll both be good to go but that is far from a guarantee, and not at all unreasonable to be concerned about.
100,000 to 1 odds that would happen at any school, except
UK, where the odds were about 50-50. 😐

Reactions: UKrazycat2
I think obviously Bradshaw should definitely be back by game #1, and I'm assuming Ugo will be as well, but yes, definitely would be great to get another one. Cyril reclass panning out, or Dante, would be perfect.
Should? As in based on similar types of injuries and healing processes? Because their camps will also have something to say about when their guy returns. And under Cal it's been nothing but problems with these camps. Ugo has a lot to prove on the court, Bradshaw has his ranking to protek.

Cal held hostage by one who entered to portal and another who threatened to go to usc. Neither one will be ready to go. I know folks have had fun watching our team but this is another massive mistake by cal to not fill out the roster with another big. It’s an annual thing now with this guy.
We added a big.

So, a couple months, back in mid-September with almost two months to be ready for the first important game of the season November 14. And Bradshaw is on pace to be back well before that. And who knows - Somto Syril may be in the mix as an insurance policy by then. And, there's always a chance of a late add. Isaac Humphries was signed on August 20 of 2015.

Once again the full-blown Rafters panic fizzles into a puff of hot air.
Why does it bother you so much? I’m not trying to flame or call you out, truly just wondering why it seems to bother you so much?

So, a couple months, back in mid-September with almost two months to be ready for the first important game of the season November 14. And Bradshaw is on pace to be back well before that. And who knows - Somto Syril may be in the mix as an insurance policy by then. And, there's always a chance of a late add. Isaac Humphries was signed on August 20 of 2015.

If he heals properly, AB should be out of his boot by the end of August at the latest. Fingers crossed he's good to start rehab in early September.

Why does it bother you so much? I’m not trying to flame or call you out, truly just wondering why it seems to bother you so much?
He's probably a basketball card collector. Waits until the guys are dripping with sweat before signing his cards.

we have a couple of trolls that gas light every situation and the sad part is some actual UK fans gets sucked into the fire

no we added a stretch four we need a center. If you think Mitchell can cut it at center well idk what to tell you.
There is more than one way to play the game. If everything was a neat little box then the game would be solved and no one would play twin towers, or 4 out, or small ball, etc... Just because you have a deficit in rebounding, shot blocking, and rim protection doesn't mean you can't just out score the team because you're better offensively.

In fact a bunch of you negative folks have been yelling that from the roof top, to play small ball and out score people, play a modern style of basketball! But now that we have the line up to do it, "OH NO WE DON'T GO NO BIGS WHAT WE GON DO?! FAAAAAR CAL!"

There is more than one way to play the game. If everything was a neat little box then the game would be solved and no one would play twin towers, or 4 out, or small ball, etc... Just because you have a deficit in rebounding, shot blocking, and rim protection doesn't mean you can't just out score the team because you're better offensively.

In fact a bunch of you negative folks have been yelling that from the roof top, to play small ball and out score people, play a modern style of basketball! But now that we have the line up to do it, "OH NO WE DON'T GO NO BIGS WHAT WE GON DO?! FAAAAAR CAL!"
Not me buddy. Cal can’t create a balanced roster to save his life. He always leaves some major hole then just tries to pound the squares into holes. If you think cal is all the sudden gonna be a critical out of the box thinker then you will be fooled for the 10th time. Yes in the college game you must have interior defense and rebounding. It’s how you avoid upset in the single elimination ncaaT. They can play that crap in the nba and afford a loss. When your team is cold you’re still in it if you can defend and rebound. I have no reason to believe this team is going to be running anyone off the court with their offense. Iñ Canada they played with a 24 sec clock and it’s forces pace as well as more possessions. College teams will lock us down until late in the shot clock. The only out of the box way cal can do this would be with a constant 40 min of hell press:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT