ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly update on Lanier visit

Our stage is not so damn big right now. How do you claim our stage is bigger than half of the SEC. We are a botom dweller until we get some stud players that currently we DO NOT have. We do not have one SEC first or second team player on our roster. We need to accept that we are two maybe three year away.
Could be, but I think we have enough good and experienced players to at least be optimistic. We should be a good shooting team with solid defense. There's definitely been lesser teams make the final four.

This is a much better roster assembled than I envisioned for next season when Pope first got hired.

someone said Lanier is probably going to commit soon and his decision might or might not be made. Not sure of his source but that’s what’s going around. TIFWIW

• Haha
Reactions: NociHTTP
Does this someone or someone’s have a name

twitter or X whatever. Didn’t think enough about it to even pay attention. Actually thought it was funny TBH, I mean seemed fairly obvious.

I used to go deep into the recruiting hole until around Calipari’s 6th or 7th year. For some reason I just totally stopped during that time, I don’t think I saw the point or hit my late 20’s and decided it was a waste of time. The portal might be slowly sucking me up tho, been playing in it a little bit.

Huge update as of 8:34 Central Standard Time:

Nashville, TN:

Someone on IG posted that someone on Twitter talked to someone who heard from someone in Lanier's circle who is friends with someone in Lanier's family who might have talked to someone about the decision already being made, and that someone might have been Lanier.

Not sure where you got that we don’t put God first. You obviously have not been to too many Catholic masses. However, I do like to meet people and converse. So, if that is bad, I am guilty. But let’s not go down the religious rabbit hole. That wasn’t my intention. Let’s just celebrate each other and what we have in common, one of which is our love for the Cat’s!!!
Read the mistake Chat-holics. Now go re read my post.

Reactions: NociHTTP
twitter or X whatever. Didn’t think enough about it to even pay attention. Actually thought it was funny TBH, I mean seemed fairly obvious.

I used to go deep into the recruiting hole until around Calipari’s 6th or 7th year. For some reason I just totally stopped during that time, I don’t think I saw the point or hit my late 20’s and decided it was a waste of time. The portal might be slowly sucking me up tho, been playing in it a little bit.
Most of what I see on Twitter is Tennessee fans saying they have him locked up

I never understood that quote.

The Sith are far more whimsical than Jedi, and thereby not really absolute at all. Anakin, for example, has a secret love affair; so love is something that Sith are allowed to explore. Love in its very nature is a non-absolute because it's based on emotions. Further, the Sith are far more emotional than Jedi, and therefore far more unpredictable, making them less absolute. Even their "rule of two" is based on deception, where the apprentice eventually kills the master (but not always - again, non absolute). Even the "rule of two" is a non absolute because at one time there were thousands of Sith. If they were absolutists from the beginning, why change the rule from thousands of Sith to only two at a time? Additionally, we know the "rule of two" is BS because Palpatine was grooming Dooku and Darth Maul at the same time. Seems like a breech in the "rule" of two, and once again displays that the Sith are non absolutists.

It was one of Lucas' dumbest lines when one gets past the fact that the statement itself is an absolute statement.
He still only had one apprentice at a time, the Sith crave power. They are always looking for a stronger apprentice to over take them one day which is why he went after Dooku when Maul was presumed dead.

Only a sith deals in absolutes.
That was literally the most dumbshit thing George Lucas ever did. Which is saying a lot by the time he got done with the whole prequel thing.

Lucas didn’t like G.W. Bush so he took something W said, put it in Anakin’s mouth, and then had Obi Wan bitch about it.

But Lucas was too heathen to know that Bush was actually quoting Jesus Christ.

Say W looked megalomaniac trying to sound like Jesus Christ? Sure, that would actually have made sense. But to try and convince people what Jesus said was characteristically evil?

Genius play, Mr. Lucas. Dumbass.

Iv mentioned this earlier how we need to get out of our old Cow mindset of desperately needing that Anthony Davis to be able to win, that's what he needed, not a coach that uses coaching not go and run.
I don't know who all these coaches that don't need high quality talent are.

Scratch K, Pitino, Dean Smith, Bill Self, John Wooden for sure, and Roy Williams to start though.

Somebody needs to call that cookie store in Knoxville tomorrow and get to the bottom of this! What kind of cookies did Chaz order and which were his favorites!
Yeah I’m sure he’s going to Knoxville for cookies. If that’s his reasoning maybe he will fit right in with the IQ level.

I never understood that quote.

The Sith are far more whimsical than Jedi, and thereby not really absolute at all. Anakin, for example, has a secret love affair; so love is something that Sith are allowed to explore. Love in its very nature is a non-absolute because it's based on emotions. Further, the Sith are far more emotional than Jedi, and therefore far more unpredictable, making them less absolute. Even their "rule of two" is based on deception, where the apprentice eventually kills the master (but not always - again, non absolute). Even the "rule of two" is a non absolute because at one time there were thousands of Sith. If they were absolutists from the beginning, why change the rule from thousands of Sith to only two at a time? Additionally, we know the "rule of two" is BS because Palpatine was grooming Dooku and Darth Maul at the same time. Seems like a breech in the "rule" of two, and once again displays that the Sith are non absolutists.

It was one of Lucas' dumbest lines when one gets past the fact that the statement itself is an absolute statement.
Tell us that you live in your mom’s basement without telling us you live in your mom’s basement

I don't know who all these coaches that don't need high quality talent are.

Scratch K, Pitino, Dean Smith, Bill Self, John Wooden for sure, and Roy Williams to start though.
I was citing a transcendental generational talent in Davis which is what put Cow over the moon. Loved that team w Jones too

• Haha
Reactions: Doodah859
What's great about your comment is that you have absolutely no clue how next season will play out. None. Zip. Great attitude for next season, though. smh
I may not know but I do know we are not a final four team this year or next with the level of talent that we will have this year. If you think we have final four talent, you don't know basketball. Year three before we can hope to compete for a SEC title. We need time to develop kids. We are not recruiting 5 or 6 5 star one and dune players going forward. If thatis what you want you should have cried and screamed to keep Cal. We are spoiled with Cal's recruiting. One and done will NOT win Championships. Player development with a team with 5 seniors that have been developed. We have not seen player development in so long most of our fans do not understand what it is.
I think that is cornbread in disguise lol
So we don't even have a second team sec huh? Wow
name me the all conference players and let's review it end of season. I hope we have 5 but I don't see any.

Most of what I see on Twitter is Tennessee fans saying they have him locked up
The funny thing about Lanier's recruitment is if he chooses Orange, he not worth a shit and we really did not want him. If he chooses us, he is first team all-American potential. I am amazed how little our fans actually understand basketball talent but think everyone that chooses KY is a stud. I hope and pray we have a stud on our roster. Help me identify who that kid is.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Iv mentioned this earlier how we need to get out of our old Cow mindset of desperately needing that Anthony Davis to be able to win, that's what he needed, not a coach that uses coaching not go and run.
I’m not knocking pope. I’m definitely all in on him. He can absolutely get more out of less talent than Cal ever could. But honestly, he’s yet to win an ncaa tourney game. Coaching will take you a long way, but I think in order to win as big as we want to as UK fans we’re gonna need an alpha or two along the way. He’s not gonna need as many as Cal or even someone as dominate as Davis, but sometimes you just gonna have to have a guy that can go get what you need and take over a game for you. I like this team a lot with the way pope coaches. I think some are underestimating how good some of our guys are gonna be. I just think it’s missing that alpha guy that takes it to the next level. Just my opinion…..

The funny thing about Lanier's recruitment is if he chooses Orange, he not worth a shit and we really did not want him. If he chooses us, he is first team all-American potential. I am amazed how little our fans actually understand basketball talent but think everyone that chooses KY is a stud. I hope and pray we have a stud on our roster. Help me identify who that kid is.
Well for one get the damn stud talk crap out of your thought process that would help. That’s cal bs. Popes system is more sum of parts over one stud. They have a lot of really good players, I don’t get the posters like yourself who act like the roster is bad, and they have a bunch of scrubs. Laneir is a really good player and I want him here, if UT gets him that’s a really good gets for them. If Kentucky gets Robinson however it will work out for both parties. Lastly I’m not gonna sit here and make rash judgements about a team before they play a game.

I’m not knocking pope. I’m definitely all in on him. He can absolutely get more out of less talent than Cal ever could. But honestly, he’s yet to win an ncaa tourney game. Coaching will take you a long way, but I think in order to win as big as we want to as UK fans we’re gonna need an alpha or two along the way. He’s not gonna need as many as Cal or even someone as dominate as Davis, but sometimes you just gonna have to have a guy that can go get what you need and take over a game for you. I like this team a lot with the way pope coaches. I think some are underestimating how good some of our guys are gonna be. I just think it’s missing that alpha guy that takes it to the next level. Just my opinion…..
Great post! We don't need five 5 stars but we do need one player that plays like a 5 star. The Alpha guy is so important in EVERY team sport.

Reactions: track42
Well for one get the damn stud talk crap out of your thought process that would help. That’s cal bs. Popes system is more sum of parts over one stud. They have a lot of really good players, I don’t get the posters like yourself who act like the roster is bad, and they have a bunch of scrubs. Laneir is a really good player and I want him here, if UT gets him that’s a really good gets for them. If Kentucky gets Robinson however it will work out for both parties. Lastly I’m not gonna sit here and make rash judgements about a team before they play a game.
Yet Pope's system couldn't get BYU past Duquesne. You still have to have the players no matter who the coach is.

Yet Pope's system couldn't get BYU past Duquesne. You still have to have the players no matter who the coach is.
He has gotten better players than he had at BYU. I don’t get the hate in this roster at all, and I honestly never will. They need a scorer. The stud stuff and acting like this roster isn’t good right now I don’t understand.

Pope’s system produced a worse statistical win-loss than his predecessor. One year upgrade in conference albeit. Still worse. Never won a tournament game, questions about ability to recruit, etc. Lots of questions, huge opportunity, better than Cal- but there are legit questions.

Reactions: track42
What I see with this roster is a team that can potentially stretch the floor at an elite level. But they need someone who can exploit that space. We have a couple guys who could develop and fill that role, but you can’t bank on it. We need more of a sure thing.

Then there’s defense, which is half the game but often overlooked. I don’t know what to expect there, even though about half of our current roster are regarded as good defenders. We’ve got to see how it translates at this level for Butler and Williams.

Pope’s system produced a worse statistical win-loss than his predecessor. One year upgrade in conference albeit. Still worse. Never won a tournament game, questions about ability to recruit, etc. Lots of questions, huge opportunity, better than Cal- but there are legit questions.
His predecessor was there 14 years, so it’s not really fair comparison. A lot of you seem to have your minds made up about what pope is going to be before he coaches a game. These questions aren’t legit until he coaches a game first and has completed a season first. Not even 2 months In and there’s a portion nitpicking him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT