ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly update on Lanier visit

Recruiting is really weird. A guy who I really liked was Max Shulga from VCU. He was a commit to Nova but just now totally changed his mind and is returning to VCU.
Nova is screwed next year. Atleast we have some warm bodies, they have no one.

It seems like Lanier doesnt have a clue what he wants to do. One minute its reported he wants to go here...5 mins later he doesnt want too. Then 5 mins later he wants to go here again.

Reactions: ellowelzees
Lanier's family is probably praying about it. They're pretty strong believers.

If this goes beyond tomorrow and into Friday, I like UK's chances.

That said, I'm expecting Lanier to publicly declare his commitment to Tennessee by noon tomorrow. Just a hunch. I think he's waiting a day or so out of respect for the other coaches.

That said, I'm expecting Lanier to publicly declare his commitment to Tennessee by noon tomorrow. Just a hunch. I think he's waiting a day or so out of respect for the other coaches.
Waiting a day or so out of respect for the other coaches? Prolonging an announcement doesn't seem like a move that would be of benefit to other coaches. It just prevents them from likewise moving on and looking for players elsewhere. He'd be doing this to drive attention to himself.

Last edited:
Lanier is an evangelical Christian. Evidently his dad is a pastor.

I'm sure Brooks is playing up that angle, assuming Brooks is also a believer.

Evangelicals can be pretty critical of Mormons. Most see them as a members of a cult.
On that note, I think it's safe to say that both sides have parted their ways, unless Chaz thinks he can "save Pope" :D

Waiting a day or so out of respect for the other coaches? Prolonging an announcement doesn't seem like a movie that would be of benefit to other coaches. It just prevents them from likewise moving on and looking for players elsewhere. He'd be doing this to drive attention to himself.
Nah.

People pray about stuff all the time, even when they think they have already made a decision. Chaz might have promised Brooks that no matter how he felt after the Tennessee trip, he would pray about it and see what God tells him.

I've seen people change their minds after praying for clarity. I bet that's what Chaz is doing with his family - looking for clarity and making sure they're lined up with God's will.

In other words, I bet his mind isn't completely made up.

On that note, I think it's safe to say that both sides have parted their ways, unless Chaz thinks he can "save Pope" :D
Pope and Chaz can both try to convert each other. lol

I bet Pope's LDS stuff costs us with more future recruits than Barnes' evangelical stuff would have.

I know how evangelicals are towards Mormons. It isn't something to downplay in future battles. Most Baptists, Pentecostals, Church of Christ, etc., think LDS is a cult.

It's the kind of thing that might have cost us Immanuel Quickley if Pope had been here back then.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
Lanier is an evangelical Christian. Evidently his dad is a pastor.

I'm sure Brooks is playing up that angle, assuming Brooks is also a believer.

Evangelicals can be pretty critical of Mormons. Most see them as a members of a cult.
I think he knows he wants to Tennessee he is just trying to add interest to his decision. Nobody drives up interest and engagement like Kentucky fans do

Reactions: NociHTTP
Pope and Chaz can both try to convert each other. lol

I bet Pope's LDS stuff costs us with more future recruits than Barnes' evangelical stuff would have.

I know how evangelicals are towards Mormons. It isn't something to downplay in future battles. Most Baptists, Pentecostals, Church of Christ, etc., think LDS is a cult.

It's the kind of thing that might have cost us Immanuel Quickley if Pope had been here back then.
Well, I bet it wasn’t much better with Cal being Catholic. Hell, all non-Catholic Christian’s think us Chatholic’s are going to hell.

I certainly hope his family is praying for him and his decision. I hope all our athletes bend a knee to our savior asking for guidance and direction. I’m a believer, but not Mormon. I understand that M. Pope and his family are Mormon and that’s fine.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Sisk update

I spoke with another individual just a minute ago (thank goodness) who is connected. He says he was told there was not a mutual agreement to go in different directions, and that Kentucky is still in the picture although he did confirm they believe they are not in the lead. I was told Chaz is keeping things pretty close to the vest, and the schools (Kentucky, Tennessee, and BYU) are in the dark about who is in the lead.
Nobody knew anything lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT