ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly update on Lanier visit

Hopefully he takes a few days to think about it. Picking quickly after a visit will be based on emotion and UT gets that with his home state. We win out if he wants the bigger stage, most likely more money and a higher probability of the NBA. Just an observation.

Observation 2 is there are UT fans on here acting like UK fans and saying we do not want him (which no real UK fan would do) trying to sabotage us. COME TO UK!
Our stage is not so damn big right now. How do you claim our stage is bigger than half of the SEC. We are a botom dweller until we get some stud players that currently we DO NOT have. We do not have one SEC first or second team player on our roster. We need to accept that we are two maybe three year away.

Dude is just following random people he met to keep in the news. They mean nothing.
I think UK needs to remove the mystery the kid is trying to build, and find someone else who's a better fit with Pope's system right off the bat.

Our stage is not so damn big right now. How do you claim our stage is bigger than half of the SEC. We are a botom dweller until we get some stud players that currently we DO NOT have. We do not have one SEC first or second team player on our roster. We need to accept that we are two maybe three year away.

What's great about your comment is that you have absolutely no clue how next season will play out. None. Zip. Great attitude for next season, though. smh

Smfh

I don’t know how this Lanier saga works out, but I’ve always thought Robinson would be the more valuable player for this team. Pope could really use someone that’s been in his system. But it will he drop out of the draft?
The best numbers I have seen is very late second round so seems doubtful he stays in the draft.

I don’t know how this Lanier saga works out, but I’ve always thought Robinson would be the more valuable player for this team. Pope could really use someone that’s been in his system. But will he drop out of the draft?
Robinson would be my take to but I really like Lanier also

Reactions: Fox2monk
What's great about your comment is that you have absolutely no clue how next season will play out. None. Zip. Great attitude for next season, though. smh
All I know is there seems to be a growing epidemic of polite kids who want to hear from Mark Pope. It is amazing how generous these polite kids are to an SEC bottom dweller.

We could go 0-40 for the next 20 years and our stage would still be bigger than any other team in the sec. You know this to be true jizzface.

Well to be fair Chatholics don’t put god first. They idolize talking.
Not sure where you got that we don’t put God first. You obviously have not been to too many Catholic masses. However, I do like to meet people and converse. So, if that is bad, I am guilty. But let’s not go down the religious rabbit hole. That wasn’t my intention. Let’s just celebrate each other and what we have in common, one of which is our love for the Cat’s!!!

Lanier is an evangelical Christian. Evidently his dad is a pastor.

I'm sure Brooks is playing up that angle, assuming Brooks is also a believer.

Evangelicals can be pretty critical of Mormons. Most see them as a members of a cult.
Well, he visited BYU so I don't think that matters.

Only a sith deals in absolutes.
I never understood that quote.

The Sith are far more whimsical than Jedi, and thereby not really absolute at all. Anakin, for example, has a secret love affair; so love is something that Sith are allowed to explore. Love in its very nature is a non-absolute because it's based on emotions. Further, the Sith are far more emotional than Jedi, and therefore far more unpredictable, making them less absolute. Even their "rule of two" is based on deception, where the apprentice eventually kills the master (but not always - again, non absolute). Even the "rule of two" is a non absolute because at one time there were thousands of Sith. If they were absolutists from the beginning, why change the rule from thousands of Sith to only two at a time? Additionally, we know the "rule of two" is BS because Palpatine was grooming Dooku and Darth Maul at the same time. Seems like a breech in the "rule" of two, and once again displays that the Sith are non absolutists.

It was one of Lucas' dumbest lines when one gets past the fact that the statement itself is an absolute statement.

Last edited:
Reactions: RunninRichie
I never understood that quote.

The Sith are far more whimsical than Jedi, and thereby not really absolute at all. Anakin, for example, has a secret love affair; so love is something that Sith are allowed to explore. Love in its very nature is a non-absolute because it's based on emotions. Further, the Sith are far more emotional than Jedi, and therefore far more unpredictable, making them less absolute.

It was one of Lucas' dumbest lines when one gets past the fact that the statement itself is an absolute statement.
I think it has to do with Sith’s being angrier and more unpredictable. While the Jedi were these calm, cool and collected knights. Sith’s would deal in absolutes. Jedi’s would try to think more into it. JMO.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I think it has to do with Sith’s being angrier and more unpredictable. While the Jedi were these calm, cool and collected knights. Sith’s would deal in absolutes. Jedi’s would try to think more into it. JMO.
Yet, the Jedi were far more absolutist in their thinking. No love allowed. No emotion allowed. No betrayal allowed. Protect the Republic at all costs. No deviation from that devotion or loyalty allowed. Public face = private face.

The Jedi were legalists. Meanwhile, the Sith were mosh-pit minded metal heads with too much time on their hands and too much force lightning. They could be good or bad. They could act nice or really be nice; they could act evil, or really be evil.

The Sith were allowed to choose their moods, party, make love, and howl at the moon. They were like those kids partying in the movie Dazed and Confused - driven by impulse to get high (ultimate POWER) but also just wanting to have a little control of their lives outside of the norm. The Jedi were like John Lithgow's preacher character in Footloose.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Yet, the Jedi were far more absolutist in their thinking. No love allowed. No emotion allowed. No betrayal allowed. Protect the Republic at all costs. No deviation from that devotion or loyalty allowed.

The Jedi were legalists. The Sith were mosh-put minded metal heads with too much time on their hands and too much force lightning.
We have officially entered into the “Twilight Zone”

This is classic, old school, Tubby and Billy G era, spring signee message board hype for many of these guys.
Who gives a rat's ass about the label applied to a team of players before they ever come together for their first practice. Some of you guys want to be miserable no matter what. Pope used an "old school, Tubby and Billy G era, spring signee" group of players to perform as well as Cal did with a bunch of 5-star players. I think some of you have forgotten about the important role that coaches are supposed to play when it comes to the success of a TEAM. We have watched players have to overcome the coaching inabilities of Cal for so long that some have forgotten that good coaches are supposed to coach up their players to perform better as a team than as individuals.

Last edited:
Who gives a rat's ass about the label applied to a team of players before they ever come together for their first practice. Some of you guys want to be miserable no matter what. Pope used an "old school, Tubby and Billy G era, spring signee" group of players to perform as well as Cal did with a bunch of 5-star players. I think some of you have forgotten about the important role that coaches are supposed to play when it comes to the success of a TEAM. We have watched players have to overcome the inabilities of Cal for so long that some have forgotten that good coaches are supposed to coach up their players to perform better as a group than as individuals.
We do have our fair share of Debbie Downers for sure!

Going to be honest I do not believe this guy. Also funny how Dick says this right after Joe Adam’s posted basically the same thing. My guess is Dick saw Joes tweet and ran with it
Joe Adams tweeting something makes me nervous he is wrong like 99 percent of the time. I think Weiss whole getup is being extremely late on stuff. I think he actual has connections of he has more then the Adams guy does

Going to be honest I do not believe this guy. Also funny how Dick says this right after Joe Adam’s posted basically the same thing. My guess is Dick saw Joes tweet and ran with it
These guys are really going out on a limb. This has been the opinion for almost a month!! Everyone has to be a “Source”

Reactions: JASUN74
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT