ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly update on Lanier visit

Feels a little bit like Bobby Maze in 2006, though we are a lot less desperate.

No matter the system you still need the players.

But we have a system!

91314548-a638-4587-bc4e-4be8efb12825_text.gif

Yeah, there is still plenty of talent in the portal to fill the last 2 spots on the roster if we miss on Lanier and Robinson. I think we might get 1 but not both. I'm not expecting a reclass player but stranger things have happened.
I'm not saying Lanier isn't good but he's being built up better that what I see

Hopefully he takes a few days to think about it. Picking quickly after a visit will be based on emotion and UT gets that with his home state. We win out if he wants the bigger stage, most likely more money and a higher probability of the NBA. Just an observation.

Observation 2 is there are UT fans on here acting like UK fans and saying we do not want him (which no real UK fan would do) trying to sabotage us. COME TO UK!

Sounds like he is UT bound...kinda as expected.
I am reading between a Lotta lines but I'm guessing the mutual understanding was higher NIL, guaranteed shots, etc. Can't blame the kids camp for putting it out there. Can't blame the Kentucky camp for saying, no....sorry.

Somebody posted a screenshot online, but UT guy summed up the visit basically. Barnes took over and Lanier was with Ziegler a lot. He like that the team was practicing still late into the day and Barnes to the visit over like he did the Knecht visit. His family liked that the focus was on basketball and not other stuff. Apparently Kentucky tried to delay the visit(ut fans being delusional) Tennessee is in a really good position to get him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT