ADVERTISEMENT

Tre Mitchell to visit this weekend!!!

Where is your proof that Tubby let our status slip? All you said was he only went to 2 E8's in 8 years? Did he have a poor record against ranked teams? Did he lose at home to Evansville-ish type schools? Did he ever gey upset in the NCAAT by a program as small as Saint Peters? Did Tubby ever prioritize the NBA draft over UK?
Compare Tubby's 8 years to Cal's last 8 years, that 9-16 record is game over.

I'm not defending Cal. He let the program slip. I believe Tubby did as well. You don't. You belive that the UK standard is 2 E8's in 8 years. To you that is great. You are fine with 25 and 9 seasons. I am not. Your standard is actually lower than mine if you truly think that Tubby kept UK at the top.

Yankees have 1 title in going on 25 years soon. 2nd overall best franchise in the Cardinals haven't won one in 12 years.

Celtics have 1 title the past 35 years.

Notre Dame has 0 titles in 35 years and counting in college football. Miami and Nebraska were hot and now they not.

We all know Indianas struggles in men's basketball. Ucla has 1 title the past almost 50 years and 0 in 28 years.

I think the key is to not end up like them and have some sustained success. We are at 11 years so need to get back on it asap and don't see calipari winning a 2nd title so think it will be the next guy to get 9.

I kind of feel like these things aren't just in "our" control anymore. Other teams are getting better. The playing field is becoming more and more level IMO, making it tougher for the top teams to consistently stay on top.

It's not to say we won't be on top tho. Just that going forward I think it's a lot harder. Things are a bit different now than they used to be.

I have a picture but it’s of the back of their heads. It was 100% legit, I recognized them both by sight. Either Frank and Dinos isn’t open or it was a private event, but they came out of that entrance. A few others hanging around. They all got in a big SUV and left.

Nothing groundbreaking we all knew they were in town. Just cool to see it!

I hope it's Mitchell's new ride. 🤑

I dunno about that, I don’t recall him doing very much since the season ended as far as talking about the team or being out doing recruiting. Look at the 24 class, we better get moving on that too. I’ll give him credit with saving this transfer season if we get Mitchell and Somto. Burks and Hart are good pickups for depth and possible diamonds in the rough.
If we get Mitchell and Cyril he has come out of nowhere to put together a roster than can compete in the SEC and draw some attention in the NCAAT. If we get those two Cal has lucked out in spite of mismanaging the portal season
I dunno about that, I don’t recall him doing very much since the season ended as far as talking about the team or being out doing recruiting. Look at the 24 class, we better get moving on that too. I’ll give him credit with saving this transfer season if we get Mitchell and Somto. Burks and Hart are good pickups for depth and possible diamonds in the rough.

Last edited:
I kind of feel like these things aren't just in "our" control anymore. Other teams are getting better. The playing field is becoming more and more level IMO, making it tougher for the top teams to consistently stay on top.

It's not to say we won't be on top tho. Just that going forward I think it's a lot harder. Things are a bit different now than they used to be.

I agree. NIL is going to be fascinating to see where the sport stand in 20 years.

Reactions: Fox2monk
New boss same as the old boss so why go back to West Virginia unless they hired someone not on staff.
Because he liked the old staff, thus his reason to want to transfer when Hugs was fired? Players liked this assistant that is interim coach now, so we will see. Still think he commits to UK, but would have preferred they hire an outside guy not on staff. Mitchell could potentially at least re access the situation now.

Reactions: jace2012
Trilly Donovan seems to think most of the West Virginia players will leave after all.
Trilli Vanilli? I wouldn't take "their word" for it...

girl-you-know-its-true-milli-vanilli.gif

If he plays more than cigar minutes, we're not a very good team.

Don't fall for it man, we do this every summer, we hype all these kids.up, then quickly find out most were overrated and then guys we think should play (Ado, Allen, Juzang, Mintz, Reeves etc… ) get stuck on the bench.

Burks doesn’t have enough stars next to his name, so unless he straps Wheeler's jersey on and gets Cal to see it, he won’t play much this year.
Allen couldn't cut it at WKU and you wanted him to play ? Lol, yeah Mintz and Reeves both rode the bench. If playing over 25 mpg is riding the bench that is. And BOTH became the 2nd or in Mintz case, maybe best player on the team. BOTH Mintz and Reeves played.

No. We just have a coach who hasn't really been engaged for years now. Other coaches are engaged. This isn't weird, out of our hands, more level playing field, and until we replace our coach we WILL NOT EVER "be on top" again.

Btw I’m proud to say for the first and only time in my Rafters career I have an inside scoop and I can’t say how I know (lol yes I know how that sounds) but Mitchell to UK is a done deal.

I am in no way, shape, or form an insider. The info I heard is a very random source but it is legit. And I know it’s not exactly “breaking news” but in case anyone is worried that he’s considering going back to WVU, it isn’t going to happen.

Btw I’m proud to say for the first and only time in my Rafters career I have an inside scoop and I can’t say how I know (lol yes I know how that sounds) but Mitchell to UK is a done deal.

I am in no way, shape, or form an insider. The info I heard is a very random source but it is legit. And I know it’s not exactly “breaking news” but in case anyone is worried that he’s considering going back to WVU, it isn’t going to happen.
Any scoop is good scoop man, did your person give a timeline or did they just say mitchell to Kentucky is done

If he plays more than cigar minutes, we're not a very good team.

Don't fall for it man, we do this every summer, we hype all these kids.up, then quickly find out most were overrated and then guys we think should play (Ado, Allen, Juzang, Mintz, Reeves etc… ) get stuck on the bench.

Burks doesn’t have enough stars next to his name, so unless he straps Wheeler's jersey on and gets Cal to see it, he won’t play much this year.
Allen couldn't cut it at WKU and you wanted him to play ? Lol, yeah Mintz and Reeves both rode the bench. If playing over 25 mpg is riding the bench that is. And BOTH became the 2nd or in Mintz case, maybe best player on the team. BOTH Mintz and Reeves played.

Just a left field guess. You ha e someone you know in enrollment at UK and Mutchell has signed up for classes ? It has to be some random deal the way you described how it went down. I agree you shouldn't reveal your connection. But I can guess lol.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Any scoop is good scoop man, did your person give a timeline or did they just say mitchell to Kentucky is done
My info came from a person that couldn’t care less about basketball, has no idea who Tre Mitchell is, and was brought up in the most random way possible lol. If I hadn’t being paying attention I would’ve missed it.

Based on what I heard the announcement would have to be soon. That’s really all I can say. There may be a window of time to say something else after Tre announces that will corroborate that my info was good. And then my career as an insider will most likely officially end lol.

Just a left field guess. You ha e someone you know in enrollment at UK and Mutchell has signed up for classes ? It has to be some random deal the way you described how it went down. I agree you shouldn't reveal your connection. But I can guess lol.
Way more random than that lol

My info came from a person that couldn’t care less about basketball, has no idea who Tre Mitchell is, and was brought up in the most random way possible lol. If I hadn’t being paying attention I would’ve missed it.

Based on what I heard the announcement would have to be soon. That’s really all I can say. There may be a window of time to say something else after Tre announces that will corroborate that my info was good. And then my career as an insider will most likely officially end lol.
Appreciate the info man

Reactions: travisbickle
No. We just have a coach who hasn't really been engaged for years now. Other coaches are engaged. This isn't weird, out of our hands, more level playing field, and until we replace our coach we WILL NOT EVER "be on top" again.

I think this goes beyond our coach TBH. Not to say he hasn't contributed to the downfall past 5 years or so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT