ADVERTISEMENT

Tre Mitchell to visit this weekend!!!

He was quiet last summer and the summer before that too. He’s hiding. He knows he's underperforming, but you better believe he'll be all talkative and calling fans out the second he wins a game this season.
Hiding? I feel like Cal has been out/about more this off-season than the last several.

So, your idea of the "Kentucky standard" really comes down to having 25 win seasons with 9 losses? As for the tournament, you are happy making the round of 32 four times, making the sweet 16 two times and the E8 two times with zero final fours? That is Tubby's record for his last 8 years and most UK fans would say that is slipping. But, you are saying that Tubby didn't let the program slip, correct?
Tubby did let it slip, but nothing like this used car salesman has done

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Hiding? I feel like Cal has been out/about more this off-season than the last several.
Really? I don’t get that at all.

Not a word through the pre-draft process.

Made a Tweet about we have a plan after only Reeves left the draft but was considering transfer.

He’s done the camps as always.

He was at the draft for Cason and had a few Tweets,

But given the free fall the off-season started out in, he seemed surprisingly absent.

Last edited:
Tubby did let it slip, but nothing like this used car salesman has done

Tubby also never made another final four after year 1. He sucked and would have went down hard if he stayed another 4 years. I'll give tubby credit for knowing when to leave unlike calipari

This dude knows nothing. Our insiders said he's coming to UK, and to expect misdirection.

Have any of them said that they still feel that way as of today?
Can't help but be a little paranoid that the WVU coaching hire could change things after all the bad news this offseason.

I have a picture but it’s of the back of their heads. It was 100% legit, I recognized them both by sight. Either Frank and Dinos isn’t open or it was a private event, but they came out of that entrance. A few others hanging around. They all got in a big SUV and left.

Nothing groundbreaking we all knew they were in town. Just cool to see it!

I have a picture but it’s of the back of their heads. It was 100% legit, I recognized them both by sight. Either Frank and Dinos isn’t open or it was a private event, but they came out of that entrance. A few others hanging around. They all got in a big SUV and left.

Yeah any info is good info man. I just hope they lock his recruitment down tomorrow or Tuesday

For those interested. It’s a bad pic of just the back of their heads, but it is without a doubt them.

Tubby let the program slip.
Billy G in his short time did the same.
Cal in the last 5 years.........ditto.

But did you ever just stop and think that maybe this was always bound to happen? This isn't the 1950s anymore. The kings don't stay at the top forever.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
No, that’s not what I said.

Answer this, who was/is close to UK's standards, Tubby Smith, or Cal post 2017? There are two versions of Cal, you guys are acting like the hungry 2009 version of Cal is what we have now, he’s not.

Compare Cal post 2017 to Tubby and get back to me.

Actually, this is a quote of what you said: "...we used to be the best. Tubby didn’t let that slip..." Maybe you didn't mean what you said originally or maybe you did but my entire point that you have argued against is that Tubby did let our place as the best slip. If you think 2 E8's in 8 years is not letting it slip, so be it. I just don't agree.

I haven't seen him do much in the line of interviews. He csme out after Oscar and Livingston chose to stay in the draft snd said he had a plan, but other thsn that, not much else.
He damn sure isn't going to do interviews with anyone that will ask him toigh questions.

Actually, this is a quote of what you said: "...we used to be the best. Tubby didn’t let that slip..." Maybe you didn't mean what you said originally or maybe you did but my entire point that you have argued against is that Tubby did let our place as the best slip. If you think 2 E8's in 8 years is not letting it slip, so be it. I just don't agree.
Where is your proof that Tubby let our status slip? All you said was he only went to 2 E8's in 8 years? Did he have a poor record against ranked teams? Did he lose at home to Evansville-ish type schools? Did he ever gey upset in the NCAAT by a program as small as Saint Peters? Did Tubby ever prioritize the NBA draft over UK?
Compare Tubby's 8 years to Cal's last 8 years, that 9-16 record is game over.

Tubby let the program slip.
Billy G in his short time did the same.
Cal in the last 5 years.........ditto.

But did you ever just stop and think that maybe this was always bound to happen? This isn't the 1950s anymore. The kings don't stay at the top forever.
Bound to happen? Why? UK gives good coaches many advantages over most schools, there should be no reason a good coach couldn't keep UK at the top. It’s okay to have set backs, but these last 3 years have been beyond awful and it's due to laziness, stubbornness and incorrect priorities.

When you make Cal type money and you prioritize the NBA draft, you better do everything you can to make sure UK stays on top.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Bound to happen? Why? UK gives good coaches many advantages over most schools, there should be no reason a good coach couldn't keep UK at the top. It’s okay to have set backs, but these last 3 years have been beyond awful and it's due to laziness, stubbornness and incorrect priorities.

When you make Cal type money and you prioritize the NBA draft, you better do everything you can to make sure UK stays on top.

I just think with all sports this happens. Dominant teams become no longer dominant. Now certainly doesn't mean that teams can't go back on top in the future but it just doesn't last forever.

The Yankees were so dominant in MLB. They haven't won a WS in over a decade.
We've been the dominant force in college bball for so long. We haven't been to a final four since 2015.

Watching a boat load of sports has just made me more aware of this. All of this just goes in cycles.

Especially in college basketball where the eventual winner is determined by a one and done tournament style format.

Reactions: pedroborbon
I just think with all sports this happens. Dominant teams become no longer dominant. Now certainly doesn't mean that teams can't go back on top in the future but it just doesn't last forever.

We've been the dominant force in college bball for so long. We haven't been to a final four since 2015.

Watching a boat load of sports has just made me more aware of this. All of this just goes in cycles.

Especially in college basketball where the eventual winner is determined by a one and done tournament style format.

Yankees have 1 title in going on 25 years soon. 2nd overall best franchise in the Cardinals haven't won one in 12 years.

Celtics have 1 title the past 35 years.

Notre Dame has 0 titles in 35 years and counting in college football. Miami and Nebraska were hot and now they not.

We all know Indianas struggles in men's basketball. Ucla has 1 title the past almost 50 years and 0 in 28 years.

I think the key is to not end up like them and have some sustained success. We are at 11 years so need to get back on it asap and don't see calipari winning a 2nd title so think it will be the next guy to get 9.

I dunno about that, I don’t recall him doing very much since the season ended as far as talking about the team or being out doing recruiting. Look at the 24 class, we better get moving on that too. I’ll give him credit with saving this transfer season if we get Mitchell and Somto. Burks and Hart are good pickups for depth and possible diamonds in the rough.

Reactions: docholiday51
Where is your proof that Tubby let our status slip? All you said was he only went to 2 E8's in 8 years? Did he have a poor record against ranked teams? Did he lose at home to Evansville-ish type schools? Did he ever gey upset in the NCAAT by a program as small as Saint Peters? Did Tubby ever prioritize the NBA draft over UK?
Compare Tubby's 8 years to Cal's last 8 years, that 9-16 record is game over.
Cal went to 4 FFs at UK and it could easily have been 7. The Bam, Monk and Fox team got screwed out of a FF and likely NC. That's one more FF. If Liggins hits a wide open 15 footer vs Uconn, that's another NC we should have had and not Cal's fault.. The Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Patterson and Miller team was easily the best team, but it isn't Cal's faulty they went 4 for 32 from 3. That's another FF. Randle gets hurt and can't play in the Uconn game. Another title we could have won had Randle played. Not on Cal that time either. In 2015, the team just choked, plain and simple and losing Poythress didn't help either, nor did a missed clock violation call by Higgins that might have made a big difference. We went into that game 38-0. Is the loss on Cal? In 2020 we were coming on big time with 3 good NBA players and the NCAAT was cancelled. Is that Cal's fault.

Aside from Rupp, who only made the FF once in his last 14 years, but no one dares mention that. No UK coach has been to as many FF or had teams good enough to win them as often as Cal has. If even 1 or 2 of the examples I cited turned out to be as FF or better, we would not be having all these discussions about Cal's coaching ability. Is Cal arrogant? Yep. Does he do everything right? Nope. But with all the talent K had at Duke, how many titles should he have won in his 38 years at Duke. FYI, Rupp won 3 of his 4 titles between 1948 and 1951 and his last was in 1958. Yet he was our coach for 42 years. NCs are hard to win folks and it takes a lot of things going right to bring one home.

Cal went to 4 FFs at UK and it could easily have been 7. The Bam, Monk and Fox team got screwed out of a FF and likely NC. That's one more FF. If Liggins hits a wide open 15 footer vs Uconn, that's another NC we should have had and not Cal's fault.. The Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Patterson and Miller team was easily the best team, but it isn't Cal's faulty they went 4 for 32 from 3. That's another FF. Randle gets hurt and can't play in the Uconn game. Another title we could have won had Randle played. Not on Cal that time either. In 2015, the team just choked, plain and simple and losing Poythress didn't help either, nor did a missed clock violation call by Higgins that might have made a big difference. We went into that game 38-0. Is the loss on Cal? In 2020 we were coming on big time with 3 good NBA players and the NCAAT was cancelled. Is that Cal's fault.

Aside from Rupp, who only made the FF once in his last 14 years, but no one dares mention that. No UK coach has been to as many FF or had teams good enough to win them as often as Cal has. If even 1 or 2 of the examples I cited turned out to be as FF or better, we would not be having all these discussions about Cal's coaching ability. Is Cal arrogant? Yep. Does he do everything right? Nope. But with all the talent K had at Duke, how many titles should he have won in his 38 years at Duke. FYI, Rupp won 3 of his 4 titles between 1948 and 1951 and his last was in 1958. Yet he was our coach for 42 years. NCs are hard to win folks and it takes a lot of things going right to bring one home.
If, if, if, if, if. That’s a bunch if BS excuses.

Also, I don't see where Cal went to four final 4's the past 8 years. Remember, we were comparing Cal's last 8 years to Tubby's last 8 years. I'm not sure why you're talking about final 4's and Liggins missing a shot.

That coach that went to four final 4's, is no longer here, we don't have that same hungry guy.

Kansas is still elite every single year

Reactions: seccats04
Yankees have 1 title in going on 25 years soon. 2nd overall best franchise in the Cardinals haven't won one in 12 years.

Celtics have 1 title the past 35 years.

Notre Dame has 0 titles in 35 years and counting in college football. Miami and Nebraska were hot and now they not.

We all know Indianas struggles in men's basketball. Ucla has 1 title the past almost 50 years and 0 in 28 years.

I think the key is to not end up like them and have some sustained success. We are at 11 years so need to get back on it asap and don't see calipari winning a 2nd title so think it will be the next guy to get 9.
Yanks won the World Series in 2009. But I get what you are saying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT