ADVERTISEMENT

Travis Perry

I thought he was leaning Alabama until recently. Just never know I guess. It’s a tough decision- but man, so proud of the young man. I’ll be back after 2:00 tomorrow. He is a fantastic human being. Calls people “sir”, respects everyone on his team, humble, etc. Great day after watching our football team lose.

I thought he was leaning Alabama until recently. Just never know I guess. It’s a tough decision- but man, so proud of the young man. I’ll be back after 2:00 tomorrow. He is a fantastic human being. Calls people “sir”, respects everyone on his team, humble, etc. Great day after watching our football team lose.

I didn't even think Bama was in the picture. All I have heard recently was UK, Ole Miss and UC

Sounds like no one really knows. I've seen Ole Miss, Bama and UK in this thread as well as several not coming to UK posts. Guess we'll just wait and let the kid tell us, anything else just sounds like speculation.

Reactions: UKortho
He also told us cal wouldn't be back this season I believe lol.
I think I defended UKortho then on the grounds that there was nothing wrong with a poster passing on close to the source type scuttlebutt or rumors swirling around that he might be privy to. In fact, I think that adds to the collective of bits and pieces of information that makes reading a message board enjoyable even if the rumor turns out to be incorrect. But that assumes that what is being presented is honest and the quality of the source acknowledged up front. But passing off scuttlebutt and rumors as 1st hand information is not cool. I hope UKortho isn’t doing that – or worse.

What we are seeing over and over is top rated recruits make some impact during their one year of college but not significant enough to win championships. Whereas the U. Conn's and others who keep good developing players gaining experience win. Some like to feel proud of all the Kentucky players in the NBA. Too bad, 90% of them never were that overwhelming for our program during their brief stays.

I would hope Perry and some others who can shoot the damn ball pick Kentucky and don't run off after a year.

Ok, hope you are right. He will be a solid bench player for UK and can shoot, which is always needed.
I said in the other thread that his floor is Patrick Sparks. If he comes to UK, stays all four years, mostly as a backup, but maybe a starter his Junior or Senior year, that would be a damn good career. Not everyone that plays at UK needs to be a 5-star one and done. Yes, it matters that he played high school basketball in Kentucky to those of us who are fans of Kentucky high school basketball as well as UK basketball.

I said in the other thread that his floor is Patrick Sparks. If he comes to UK, stays all four years, mostly as a backup, but maybe a starter his Junior or Senior year, that would be a damn good career. Not everyone that plays at UK needs to be a 5-star one and done. Yes, it matters that he played high school basketball in Kentucky to those of us who are fans of Kentucky high school basketball as well as UK basketball.

See I don't care where they played high school ball at as long as we win. To each their own and respect that I'm n the minority.

Your projection of his career sounds about right.

Reactions: Mike-D and Zissou87
I live in Caldwell County and Lyon is just 10 miles away, everybody knows everybody. I don't know what he will do but I do know a lot of Lyon County has always loved WKU and have had players go there, TY Rogers, Bill Scillian and Darrel Travis. It wouldn't surprise me if he did, I could also see him going to Ole Miss. it's been a long time since two Kentucky Mr. basketballs went to Kentucky back-to-back years. It has been kept quiet as to where it will be, wherever he goes he will be a great asset to his team.

Patrick Sparks is a heck of a floor. I would take that anytime.

See I don't care where they played high school ball at as long as we win. To each their own and respect that I'm n the minority.

Your projection of his career sounds about right.
Somewhat true. However, Kentucky born and raised kids know the honor of actually putting that Kentucky jersey on and what it represents. Don’t really get that with players that didn’t grow up around the Kentucky Basketball culture. That then becomes contagious to the rest of the team. JMO and most likely many others.

Somewhat true. However, Kentucky born and raised kids know the honor of actually putting that Kentucky jersey on and what it represents. Don’t really get that with players that didn’t grow up around the Kentucky Basketball culture. That then becomes contagious to the rest of the team. JMO and most likely many others.
The in-state players know what the UK jersey means, but that is not always their motivation for playing here. Derek Willis is a prime example of that.

Reactions: UKortho
Hope we get him, as long as the kid is patient and understands the big picture. If kids like this stick around all 4 years they can make a big difference in the locker room primarily imo, but on the floor by junior year or so.

Feel like kids that appreciate wearing the uniform give more effort day in and day out. Helps set a tone and standard.

You also never know. A kid with a gift for scoring the ball, along with bigs with potential, are good guys to take fliers on for the end of the bench and develop them. Lot more upside than most walk-ons.

Not sure the kids a real difference maker on the W/Ls though.

Not to mention that there's never been a single UK basketball team that won the national championship w/out at least 1 kentucky boy on the roster and playing a vital role. This factoid alone should ensure that we never enter a season w/out a kentucky boy on the roster.

Why would some of the people on here say it wouldn't be UK for so long and not even know for sure? The positives of coming here is 10-1 better than going anywhere else. I was surprised the ones saying that no way he was coming here. If he just thinks long and hard on it really don't see how he wouldn't come here. He is very good offensively and a similar basketball IQ as Sheppard. Two things a whole of recruits don't have that come here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT