ADVERTISEMENT

Travis Perry

I’d just like to point out that this OP was absolutely shredded on here last season for sharing insight he had heard about Cal potentially leaving and the staff.

It’s clear the OP has a connection given that every “expert” missed on this but OP knew. And the almost immediate announcement after OP post shows it wasn’t a wild shot in the dark that ended up being true months later. It was genuine scoop

I'm not positive, but I believe I read that both of Perry's parents were UK grads.
Again, I think Perry made a smart decision; and I have to suspect his parents were a big part of that.

Strictly worrying about playing time is short-sighted juvenile thinking. Of course, you’d expect that from the high school kid (would’ve been true for me too, I guess). But parents need to try to help a kid understand the long-term pros & cons, right? College is about building a future, and it would be some pretty piss-poor parenting to be trying to live vicariously through a kid instead of doing what’s likely in his best long-term interests.

Here, given the life-long opportunities and advantages (and these days NIL opportunities too) that are available to a guy who plays basketball for UK – multiplied many times over for an in-state Mr. Basketball type (not to mention all-time leading high school scorer) – you’d have to give me some pretty strong non-basketball reasons for why it would not be in the kids best interest to play at UK. I'm sure the Sheppards understood that. Think for a minute about “King” Kelly Coleman (for those of you who know about him). And then think about Jack Givens, Ritchie Farmer and even Cameron Mills (a walk-on). There’s always exceptions, but It’s generally common sense in this type of situation.

Because having five stars does NOT ensure they contribute anything. If you need it explained further, pay closer attention to all the teams that beat Kentucky with far less sexy rosters.
But I never said it did. No one was arguing for that point. Just a random comment.

Heard tonight it’s UK. Don’t crucify me if I am wrong- but that’s what he is saying.
200w.gif

Reactions: UKortho
Would love if he picks UK but hope he understands he’s not playing much next year. If he wants to come, do the work and actually stick with it that’s great.
A lot said Shep would not play this year.

And with that, my career making predictions is over lol
hey you made a good comeback
Monday you were 100% sure that it was not UK
today you were 100% sure it was UK

you have the credentials to be a sure fire hire the next job opening that comes up from one of the major recruiting sites

Could Perry and Shep be the next Jeff Lamp/Lee Raker type combo? ( A couple more UK misses for you youngsters.... )

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT