ADVERTISEMENT

Top your Hot Dog...

Skip the hot dog. Go with sausage.

8457091-742a35188f1c48819a419a078474393a.jpg
Austin, I hit Bangers when I was out there a few years back. Pretty good.

Stonecross farms pork hot dogs are some next level stuff. Guldens mustard. Dill relish. Plain and simple bun.

I can dig it. I used to put lays on my bologna. Same thing really. Speaking of bologna, take it to the next level and smoke a log of it.
Smoked bologna is called Mississippi steaks. They take a roll of bologna and slice round steaks out of it they call them.

Reactions: TexKat
A couple of coney's at Skyline when I am watching a game at GAB, and that is it for the year.

It's a hot dog...don't try to turn it into a filet.

Reactions: WayneDougan
I live a pretty simple life. Give me a boiled (not grilled) hot dog on a bun covered in ketchup with a side of ketchup to dip in after each bite and I'm good. I do really like ketchup.

A Reuben hotdog actually sounds really good.

Tomorrow is Opening Day in Cincinnati! Sounds like it's time for some Skyline conveys! Mmmmm

Based on the OP's regulations...
Wheat bun
Beef Frank
Mustard.

I could live on that. If I get one more topping, Chili.

The best Chili dog I can remember was from the late great Burger Broil.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
To everyone in this thread... wrap good quality hotdogs in bacon and grill them until crispy. Place in a steamed bun, put a spoonful of good fresh salsa (chopped onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and cucumber) on it, then a nice thick line of mustard.

Now, it won't be as good as the ones in Mexico, but you'll get the idea of what a perfect combination that is.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Based on the OP's regulations...
Wheat bun
Beef Frank
Mustard.

I could live on that. If I get one more topping, Chili.

The best Chili dog I can remember was from the late great Burger Broil.
You get whatever toppings you want but that is the only dog you can have for the rest of your life. But that went out the window on about the 3rd to 4th post.

I’m a mustard man myself. Bright, yellow mustard.

Well actually, a good solid brown mustard is really good as well. But 5 beers deep on a hot July night hanging around the grill? Give me the neon yellow.

Ketchup on dogs is only fit for Communists.

Reactions: CB3UK and rudd1
If anyone is putting chili, cheese, relish, or jalapeños on a filet they should have their right to eat meat revoked
I don't think that goes NEARLY far enough for their ilk. I'm dead serious when I say that if I grilled a nice steak for company and they did that, I'm asking them to leave.

And the answer is 6 packs of buns and 9 packs of hot dogs

Reactions: WildcatFan1982
I like hotdogs plain, with chili, with onions and relish, with spears and tomatoes, with cheese, and a lot of other ways. But, I think a hotdog is one of the few foods on which I like yellow mustard.

Reactions: WayneDougan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT