ADVERTISEMENT

Time to say on Edwards

Who starts absolutely matters. Don't buy that horseshit from Cal. You want to get off to the best start possible and set the tone/pace of the game. Humiliate them early
Starting wouldn’t bother me as much if not for the fact he will open the 2nd half the exact same way regardless how anyone is playing. Start slow the first 3-4 minutes of each half and that’s 6-8 minutes of game time without your best players on the floor when you had complete control over that timeframe. We were +3 first segment last night before dilly and shep came in thanks to reeves as he scored all 8 points in getting to an 8-5 lead. 2nd half we were -12 before the subs came in to rescue. 12 point swing in 2:36. -9 for combined first and 2nd half openings with our starting lineup in 6:40 of play. Waiting to call a timeout until they cut the lead to 6 is classic cal bad coaching, Should have been called when cut to 11 at 49-38 (already an 9-2 run to start).

Reactions: RunninRichie
What's with most of our 5 star small forwards underperforming or been injured as freshmen? Rhodes, Vanderbilt, Whitney, Boston, Edwards, etc. Or others who have transferred out and done better at their next destination - Matthews and Juzang come to mind.

I know we've had guys like MKG who have been the exception, but it's like the position is cursed.

Maybe we should just go permanently with a modern three guard lineup.

That’s not what he said. In fact, he went out of his way to distinguish in all caps that TyTy was the “MUCH” better player.

You seem to have problems with reading comprehension, it’s something I’ve noticed in quite a few of your posts. It’s like you interpret posts as you want them to be, instead of as they’re actually written.
I already addressed my error, Mr. White Knight. And I wasn't talking to you. You seem to have a particular obsession with me. I suggest you get some help or find someone else to harass.

What's with most of our 5 star small forwards underperforming or been injured as freshmen? Rhodes, Vanderbilt, Whitney, Boston, Edwards, etc. Or others who have transferred out and done better at their next destination - Matthews and Juzang come to mind.

I know we've had guys like MKG who have been the exception, but it's like the position is cursed.

Maybe we should just go permanently with a modern three guard lineup.
Most can't shoot and/or have avg at best handles. Unlike Edwards, at least Livingston had a good motor and rebounded but killed our spacing. We have the best perimeter and offense in CBB right now because the top 4 guards are triple threats and we have a stretch 4 to invert.

Juzang just did not get much of a shot. Matthews went to a great motion offense surrounded by shooting so he could just focus on driving the ball in space.

Didn’t realize he was already 20 lol but Edward’s problem like most of the wings we’ve gotten lately is he isn’t skilled. You don’t fix that in a couple months. How he was ranked as high as he was with no skill in todays world is beyond me

Edwards is the player that transfers to UCLA, averages 12 ppg, and gets tons of media attention because he is a former UK player...and the same ppl on here bitching about him, start complaining how Calipari ran him off. 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT