ADVERTISEMENT

Tic Toc on Big Z

Once again apparently the NCAA has given our program and Cal the big middle finger. One thing is for certain, the NCAA could never be accused of putting the kids first. The deadline has come and past and kid is so far out of the rotation now I’m not sure it matters.
DO you know this for sure? or just speculating?

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
The NCAA hasn’t seen him

tumblr_oszx32SEnZ1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

Reactions: Cats192
Yes, they're taking their sweet time. But awhile back there seemed to be a lot of posts suggesting that UK was the holdup. Was there something that admissions didn't do or maybe flubbed, or is this soley the NCAA doing a background search of his education overseas?

Reactions: CatsDomain
It's a joke that there isn't an expedited process for athletes.

Can't wait till the NCAA closes it's doors.
I'm worried that the divisions will disintegrate and we'll be left with something like professional sports "leagues". It's supposed to be about the "student athlete" representing the school they play for. At least with the NCAA we have divisions and conferences, that's about all I can say about the NCAA that is positive.

I'm worried that the divisions will disintegrate and we'll be left with something like professional sports "leagues". It's supposed to be about the "student athlete" representing the school they play for. At least with the NCAA we have divisions and conferences, that's about all I can say about the NCAA that is positive.
Sports leagues is what you have now with NIL.

Genuine question considering Kansas openly had strippers at their midnight madness and the NCAA didn’t seem to care or enforce anything —

What happens if Cal says screw it and plays him? Obviously the wins will be vacated but it’s not like the game didn’t happen so who cares if a “win” is taken away? Or will the refs physically stop the game and say this guy can’t play?

I mean at this point what the hell it’s worth a thought.

cal knew it would be a process and a long shot. He was trying to quiet the talking heads and fans who said we needed another big. He whiffed on Dickerson and found what he could to distract us.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Cal scrambled and found some random pro player in Europe that couldn’t read or write well enough for UK to let him in, but it’s definitely the NCAA that has it out for us.

My guess is he gets cleared for second semester, but let’s not act like it’ll be a travesty if he’s never cleared.
Fixed it for you: "couldn't read or write ENGLISH well enough...". I'd imagine we all would fail the Croatian read and write test with a month's notice.

Fixed it for you: "couldn't read or write ENGLISH well enough...". I'd imagine we all would fail the Croatian read and write test with a month's notice.

You didn’t fix anything or add important context. Guy couldn’t pass an entrance exam until well after a month after the fall semester started. Never in your life until this year would you have expected an already professional player and entrance exam flunky to be cleared to play basketball without a hitch.

• Sad
Reactions: awf and NociHTTP
You didn’t fix anything or add important context. Guy couldn’t pass an entrance exam until well after a month after the fall semester started. Never in your life until this year would you have expected an already professional player and entrance exam flunky to be cleared to play basketball without a hitch.
You have no idea how smart he is or not. You’re just talking out your ass.

I Hate You No GIF by The Lonely Island

I guess Duke, Kansas and North Carolina* are throwing a fit about big Z, so it's probably not going to happen when those three throw a fit about it. What else could it be?

Genuine question considering Kansas openly had strippers at their midnight madness and the NCAA didn’t seem to care or enforce anything —

What happens if Cal says screw it and plays him? Obviously the wins will be vacated but it’s not like the game didn’t happen so who cares if a “win” is taken away? Or will the refs physically stop the game and say this guy can’t play?

I mean at this point what the hell it’s worth a thought.
That's where I'm at with it. Who gives a crap about total wins or total championships? Play the guys, win the games and the memories will last forever. None of us or anyone else is going to going to look at asterisks and think about it for more than a couple seconds.

Reactions: KentuckyGentleman
I guess Duke, Kansas and North Carolina* are throwing a fit about big Z, so it's probably not going to happen when those three throw a fit about it. What else could it be?
My guess is it's a combination of him not being able to pass the school's written test and the fact that he was a pro player in Europe. He has a money trail.

This is definitely Noci’s alternate account. 🤦🏻‍♂️

There’s no way half the trolls on here have a job. They are here more than the most faithful UK fans.

I never said anything about Big Z’s intelligence. Something could be said about fans who think this is all above board, but I’ll refrain.

He apparently had no issues passing any other test. And only had trouble with the reading portion of the one UK wanted. Which he's apparently has some dyslexia. The man speaks 5 languages; which is 4.5 more than most Muricans.

Some overweight NCAA administrator who hasn’t played sports a day in their life is currently sitting at a desk with their overpriced and watered down Starbucks after leaving their home with a spouse who doesn’t love them anymore and kids who use their iPads at dinner instead of talking to their parents and this same person is going to sit here with their emotions and decide whether or not Big Z can suit up. America baby.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Uh...he DID pass the exam. It just took him more than one try. I guess you never failed a quiz or test in your life, right Einstein? How many languages do you speak?

I really don’t see a difference in getting paid over seas and getting paid to play college basketball in the US. College might as well be a professional sport. Just my take.

Reactions: westerncat
I really don’t see a difference in getting paid over seas and getting paid to play college basketball in the US. College might as well be a professional sport. Just my take.
every college athlete is now a professional, as they are paid, so what difference does it make if it is in dollars or foreign currency. just another example of an inept AD that should have the program and the kids back. He should have given the NCAA a date, and after that turn a hungry lawyer loose on them, just as these other schools have done and won

Reactions: wildcat2243
Uh...he DID pass the exam. It just took him more than one try. I guess you never failed a quiz or test in your life, right Einstein? How many languages do you speak?

Correct, and multiple. But I’m not the last minute savior of JVC, so who cares? What about me matters when it comes to this farce that Cal put us in?

I will absolutely stand on a player with Big Z’s background not getting cleared, even in this wacky post Covid NIL world. I’m old enough to remember Prop 48 and the notorious Sandy Bell.

Some overweight NCAA administrator who hasn’t played sports a day in their life is currently sitting at a desk with their overpriced and watered down Starbucks after leaving their home with a spouse who doesn’t love them anymore and kids who use their iPads at dinner instead of talking to their parents and this same person is going to sit here with their emotions and decide whether or not Big Z can suit up. America baby.
Welcome to the New Murica.

Wow that is very detailed. 🤣🤣🤣

Correct, and multiple. But I’m not the last minute savior of JVC, so who cares? What about me matters when it comes to this farce that Cal put us in?

I will absolutely stand on a player with Big Z’s background not getting cleared, even in this wacky post Covid NIL world. I’m old enough to remember Prop 48 and the notorious Sandy Bell.
We don't disagree as much as it might seem. Big Z was clearly a red herring by Cal to throw off perception that he wasn't filling the roster. I just have nothing personal against the kid. Hope he plays. But just add his name to the growing list of question marks by Cal...Enes, Sharpe...Big Z.

Cal scrambled and found some random pro player in Europe that couldn’t read or write well enough for UK to let him in, but it’s definitely the NCAA that has it out for us.

My guess is he gets cleared for second semester, but let’s not act like it’ll be a travesty if he’s never cleared.
What a stupid post.

Reactions: swflakat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT