ADVERTISEMENT

This Team Sucks

It's pretty obvious that we have zero ability to do the things we thought this team could do (Final Four, Title, etc.)

Can't even beat a shitty Florida team on our home floor.
Our inability to play defense is insane. But I’ve watched ball long enough to know that all you need to do is get in the tournament to have a chance. So it’s not “over” but it will take a hell of a lucky draw

We weren’t winning a title.

Anyone who ever thought that this season was fooling themselves.

This team is not built to win a title.

This is a Sweet Sixteen ceiling team. Most likely losing in the first weekend again.

It is what it is.

It’s really hard to care anymore.

I remember the end of the Tubby years, this is eerily similar.

Yeah, the team we thought we had is gone. This is the worst defensive team I think we've ever had. Cal was always known for good defensive teams but this is on another level of suck I didn't think I would see at UK. Cal just needs to retire so we can move on and start fresh.

Even if we do turn into the team that the sunshine pumpers think we are we will be such a low seed it won’t matter
UConn won as a 4 seed last year! They got blown out in the Big East and finished what like 4th, 5th in their conference. All year they had guys miss time.

Yeah I'm done watching this year's team until the SEC Tourney. I watch sports to be entertained and this is not entertaining. They have zero chance to win the SEC Regular Season or NCAA Championship so I might as well only watch the SEC Tourney and hope for the best. See you all in March.

Reactions: Stoneule
I was really hoping this team would compete for an SEC regular season title. I am not sure I see it happening now. Just pray this team can catch fire in March.

No better than last year's team.

Can't defend, can't make FTs, just not a good basketball team.

2 losses in Rupp is inexcusable. Up 4 with 20 seconds to go and lose the game.

Just not a good team, season pretty much over.
I see what you did there.

Mitchell was absolutely horrible tonight. Missed pretty much every single shot. He's been huge all year but he was horrible this game.

I wouldn’t say huge. He’s been good. The Mitchell hype is kind of funny to me. He looks great when he’s hitting shots. But he loafs a LOT and never met a front end of a 1 and 1 he couldn’t miss. He also takes seriously dumb shots at inopportune times. That 3 he missed late in regulation with 20 seconds left on the shot clock was one such example and a big reason we lost the game.

Reactions: ck-2
The great thing about this year is that you can be a bone headed team like this one and still have a chance. I'd be shocked if they do anything significant in March but crazier runs have happened

We weren’t winning a title.

Anyone who ever thought that this season was fooling themselves.

This team is not built to win a title.

This is a Sweet Sixteen ceiling team. Most likely losing in the first weekend again.

It is what it is.

It’s really hard to care anymore.

I remember the end of the Tubby years, this is eerily similar.
You are correct. People who understand the game can clearly see it. Those who can’t still think Cal is great and they will go on a run to win it all. They will be greatly disappointed.

I wouldn’t say huge. He’s been good. The Mitchell hype is kind of funny to me. He looks great when he’s hitting shots. But he loafs a LOT and never met a front end of a 1 and 1 he couldn’t miss. He also takes seriously dumb shots at inopportune times. That 3 he missed late in regulation with 20 seconds left on the shot clock was one such example and a big reason we lost the game.
On past good Kentucky teams. Someone like Mitchell is a 6-8 minutes a game guy off the bench.
That's how far the Kentucky Wildcats have fallen.

Reactions: deep3
We get just ONE of these dozen fouls to go our way, and we walk away with a win, and we forget about some of the mistakes we make.

We have an emerging center. We had 3 guys out by the end of the game (Dilly is the 4th with his cramps). Florida as the 36th best team in the nation, Reed proved he can run the point and we got utterly hosed.

Not too worried. We probably aren't getting a 3seed or better.. But we also won't have SEC refs in the tournament.

Yep, he makes 2 shots and we win it no problem, guy was 0 Kelvin cold.
Posers. So Mitchell couldn’t hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle. Did Fat Cal adjust? Play Z? Thiero at the 4? Get ANYONE else looks? Negative. Just keep on keeping on. Dude is just so freaking bad. So bad.

Reactions: ala_kat2 and deep3
Meanwhile Chris livingston averaging 1.3 and 1 in the league, can’t wait to see what Bradshaw is posting next year.

Reactions: K_TIME
It’s honestly good for fans to not care like they use to. I mean for their mental health. Losing doesn’t ruin my day anymore. I get upset then get over it real quick by reminding myself that Kentucky basketball has zero impact on my everyday life. Granted I do enjoy winning. But have to remember that it’s only college basketball. Nothing more

Just plays too nonchalant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT