ADVERTISEMENT

This Team Sucks

This team has second round exit written all over it. Bradshaw is a non-factor, no one can defend outside of Thiero and Ugo.

Wagner is mostly just okay, not what he was pegged as.

Edwards has been pretty bad mostly with no sign of real improvement.

Reed is good on offense (when he shoots), but lacks defense.

Dilly is good on offense, not great on defense.

It's a shame because I want to see these young guys get better here, but they're all gone except Reed likely.

Mitchell was absolutely horrible tonight. Missed pretty much every single shot. He's been huge all year but he was horrible this game.
Worst game he’s played. Probably worth about -20 points. He got killed inside too, half the time Ugo blocked a shot his man would be there for the rebound

Reactions: mcwildcats04
I’m pissed. But the season is not over.
Oh, it's over.

This team has no junkyard dogs. Cal's teams historically have only gotten to the Final Four with guys like Dorsey, Padilla, Travieso, Liggins, Randle, Camby, and other warriors.

This team doesn't have any of those guys. We're going to lose more than 10. There's no way this group wins 6 in a row in the tournament.

Oh, it's over.

This team has no junkyard dogs. Cal's teams historically have only gotten to the Final Four with guys like Dorsey, Padilla, Travieso, Liggins, Randle, Camby, and other warriors.

This team doesn't have any of those guys. We're going to lose more than 10. There's no way this group wins 6 in a row in the tournament.
Softest Kentucky team in a while. Piss on anyone who said they wanted Oscar to leave. I didn’t say I was confident. But over is a strong word

It’s honestly good for fans to not care like they use to. I mean for their mental health. Losing doesn’t ruin my day anymore. I get upset then get over it real quick by reminding myself that Kentucky basketball has zero impact on my everyday life. Granted I do enjoy winning. But have to remember that it’s only college basketball. Nothing more
I like your attitude.

Softest Kentucky team in a while. Piss on anyone who said they wanted Oscar to leave. I didn’t say I was confident. But over is a strong word
That's fair, and I respect the fact that you're leaving the door ajar; but I've seen this stuff with Calipari too many times. He's a choker and this team is all finesse.

I feel bad that Cal refusing to foul at the end cost Onyenso what should have been a water dousing moment in the locker room afterward.

The 16/17 team is the last time I felt like we could make a serious run at a title. This year won’t change that, and I’m beginning to worry we may not see a title caliber team any time in the near future.

Yeah I'm done watching this year's team until the SEC Tourney. I watch sports to be entertained and this is not entertaining. They have zero chance to win the SEC Regular Season or NCAA Championship so I might as well only watch the SEC Tourney and hope for the best. See you all in March.
This loss pisses me off too. But, with that being said, see ya Saturday night.

Meanwhile Chris livingston averaging 1.3 and 1 in the league, can’t wait to see what Bradshaw is posting next year.
Livingston 5 min 0.5 pts
TyTy 3 min...1.5 pts
Isaiah Jackson 13 min...6 pts
BJ Boston 6 min..3pts

Truly get to the league and stink in NBA is what is shootiong out more and more. Add Bradshaw, Edwards and probably DJ to that list of guys who wasted all of our time at UK (TyTy was solid but clear as day not going to be good NBA player).

Just get Cal's baloney out of Lexington

Imma be completely honest. The year right before the BJ Boston team was the last time I ever watched every game of the season. Since then, I've missed full games and 2nd halves, no biggie.

Like, I don't even feel a connection with these guys. Quite a few games this season, I have no idea what happened (until reading about it on this board). When people say "Edwards stinks," well, I'd be none the wiser because I just don't care to watch games and see for myself. Ugo is having a breakout moment? I had no clue.

One thing I do know, though, is that in the moments I've watched these guys, I see nothing but the last few teams back on the court, making the same mistakes over and over. Then it's "we'll be fine," "so-and-so was out," "if this woulda happened," yada yada. As far as I can tell, there is nothing special about this group that will suddenly bring Cal back to an E8. Same old, same old as they say.

No better than last year's team.

Can't defend, can't make FTs, just not a good basketball team.

2 losses in Rupp is inexcusable. Up 4 with 20 seconds to go and lose the game.

Just not a good team, season pretty much over.
I think at this point in the season we are who we are. Awful defensive team.

Livingston 5 min 0.5 pts
TyTy 3 min...1.5 pts
Isaiah Jackson 13 min...6 pts
BJ Boston 6 min..3pts

Truly get to the league and stink in NBA is what is shootiong out more and more. Add Bradshaw, Edwards and probably DJ to that list of guys who wasted all of our time at UK (TyTy was solid but clear as day not going to be good NBA player).

Just get Cal's baloney out of Lexington
Yep.

Cal supports these guys going at the first sign of NBA daylight.

He's got a ton of guys who left too early, and he's totally fine with that.

"They're chasing their dreams!"

Reactions: ThunderMash
It's pretty obvious that we have zero ability to do the things we thought this team could do (Final Four, Title, etc.)

Can't even beat a shitty Florida team on our home floor.
That's not a shitty team. Neither is south Carolina. We should have won the game but no reason to make crap up about it

It will be a miracle if they make it out of the first weekend of the NCAA Tournament ... yet alone win one game.

It is a dark period of Kentucky basketball that some people just accept now. That is how bad it has gotten.

Don’t overreact too much to the result tonight. A top 20-25 team without one of their best players lost to a top 40ish team tonight. Thinking this team was anything different than what the computers have said all year is the problem.

DJ Wagner is obviously important to this team so it’s disappointing he has an injury. UK still should’ve won tonight but if I told you preseason Reed, Rob, Tone, Tre, and Ugo played most all of the key minutes in an SEC game I’m guessing you wouldn’t be shocked we lost.

Cal needs to implement some junk defenses with this group. Some 1-3-1 perhaps. Something just to confuse a team for a couple possessions(2-3 is very easy for most teams to beat as they see it a lot). Reed Sheppard makes some splash defensive plays but he in total had one of the worst defensive games I’ve ever seen at any level. His draft prospects vanished tonight imo(good for the program).

The defense stinks and always has. But our close game offense is becoming a huge red flag. Without a real post threat the variance on offensive possessions is large and prevents you from getting dependable buckets.

Even if they stole a win tonight it was still a very concerning performance. We gave up 48 at home in the second half today. Our last home game we gave up 61 in the second half. Terrible. (Not just these two games but our second half defense seems worse in general, it’s like they come out focusing a bit on defense and it goes away as the game gets going).

Reactions: UK67KU59
I WANT A LOT OF POSTERS ON THE BOARD NOW TO PUT THEIR HANDS OVER THEIR MOUTHS FOR JUMPING ON DAVE KERSEY AGAIN!!!!!! GUY HAS FORGOT MORE BASKETBALL THAN MOST KNOW ON THIS BOARD INCLUDING MYSELF!!!!

UConn won as a 4 seed last year! They got blown out in the Big East and finished what like 4th, 5th in their conference. All year they had guys miss time.
KY will have to learn to defend to be a 4 seed. I am thinking 8/9 seed now. More losses are coming.

No better than last year's team.

Can't defend, can't make FTs, just not a good basketball team.

2 losses in Rupp is inexcusable. Up 4 with 20 seconds to go and lose the game.

Just not a good team, season pretty much over.
well ... the team may suck but we do have a HOF coach. You're welcome.

Yeah, keep saying the team stinks but we end up putting great players in the NBA almost yearly. I think there has been one constant and I will give you a hint they are not under 23 years old and wears a suit and constantly shouts from the sidelines.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
That's stuff that dads say after their kid's church league team gets bested by St. Jude's Church, 21-20.

That's not what UK fans say when they fall to 15-5 on the season.

That's Tubby level, last days suckage.
It’s not that far fetched to have 12 losses two years in a row.

This team has 3 guys have that played a single minute of college ball last year. We have 7 guys that have never played college ball before the season started. On most nights we are playing teams especially in SEC , that have at least 6 guys in thier rotation that have played 3-4 years. Many playing only one or none freshman. The result is obvious. THE ONE AND DONE as the underlying principle of how you build teams NO LONGER WORKS

• Love
Reactions: RunninRichie
I think what the poster means saying the seasons over is that it's kinda obvious what the end result is gonna be which is a first weekend exit once again 🥱 this shhh old

I was thinking back to the beginning of the season. Many, including myself, were kind of excited because of the make up of the team. Then we started off okay and I felt myself getting a little more excited. But now, wow, I think we have gotten WORSE as the season has gone on. That's sad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT