ADVERTISEMENT

This board is way too slow so

Nice work on the states. I’m waiting to on Hawaii til I have a girl to take with me and Alaska will be last.
My favorite countries are The Czech Republic, Italy and Scotland. (But all of the United Kingdom was amazing.) The Netherlands was awesome, too. I love everywhere I’ve been, honestly. What about you?
I like most any part of Europe given the history, also South America. I love Colombia- my wife is from there so I got to know it better than most. Peru too, I love ceviche. ;-)
My wife is in Paris right now, but I had to work (I haven’t eaten a vegetable for 6 days). Going to Madrid and Barcelona in October.

Aahhhh closing in on the angry "Cat drinkin milk out da bowl" stage.
Now that I think about it. My 40s are why my late 50 are a bear. Lots of tonnage on this body. 14 years of working in steel, plus weight training has broke me down.

Reactions: morgousky
I once rooted for the other team in a game involving UK. I was at WKU in 71 when we played in Mid-East regional (at Georgia no less). I had classes with a couple of WKU players (tho I really didn't know them) and wasn't rooting against UK, just for WKU. My brother and my best friend never let me forget it!
You’re out of the club.

I used to climb cell phone towers in 1999 and again in 2002. In 1999, I almost got hit in the head with a spud crescent wrench that fell from about sixty feet at the site in Georgetown, KY beside the Toyota plant. Would have killed me at the young age of 18.

I moved on to installing Ericsson phone switches for AT&T and MCI the following year, in 2000. I went to Boston, Washington DC, Miami and NYC, in succession. Was in DC during the Cherry Blossom Festival. Also, the Elian Gonzalez trial was being held literally on the street right behind our job site.

Miami and NYC, at the age of 18 was a really fun time. Let's just say, it was probably the most fun I've ever had in my life. That whole year and a half stretch was, to be honest. Especially the year of 2000.

Then went to Orlando to do Ericsson RBS. Actually worked at the Disney World cell site. Was down there during the infamous Florida poll voting error.

To finish off the year of 2000, my Dad and I worked in Dubuque and Muscatine, Iowa. Dubuque is where Field of Dreams was filmed and we didn't even go see it. I'm still not over that completely.

Went on in 2001 to work in Paducah, KY, Columbus, OH, Cincinnati, Ohio, Cleveland, Ohio and Detroit, MI. Have worked in several really cool places since then, but it would take all day to type it out. Just figured I would leave something here. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Had a lot of people killed in this industry. most happen due to stupid mistakes.
I've had a lot of scary moments on tower tops, but my first 12 years in this business was spent putting in tower foundations. Deep holes and big rebar. I've been caved in on twice, the second time I was completely buried and my legs were caught in a cage of #11 rebar. Two of my coworkers acted quickly and dug me out, I got lucky.
One of the most gruesome fatalities happened just 2 years ago in Kentucky. A young crew overloaded a load rope, which is hard to do. It snapped. A 3/4" tower rope has a ton of energy in it, when it snapped it acted like a bungy cord and sprung upward toward the climbers. It sliced right through one of them took his head and arm off. The body hung there for hours before rescue crews could get him down.
I run a tower business now, so my climbing days are quickly dwindling.

I'm 50. Got saved May 7th 1994.
Been working at the same place going on 31 years.
I owned a retail bait shop for a few years then turned it into a wholesale bait business for 10 years.
Been married 29 years, have a son.
I'm a trapper (caught 102 mink in my best season).
I've bought, sold and dig Ginseng and Goldenseal.
Limb line for catfish and turtles plus any other fishing.
I hunt mushrooms.
I used to go pond diving for golf balls for several years. Lol Sold them by the dozen.
Just some things I've done in my life. Lol
Can you help me find my car keys? would love to have your skills

I don’t think she does. You can get it pretty much for free.
Forgot to mention. I’m also a vegetarian. Been one for about 20 years.

No, I'd rather pay. Chivalry is lost these days.

Vegan for a year. Won't ever go back

I’ve seen Bruce Springsteen, Prince, The Rolling Stones, The Grateful Dead, Michael Jackson, David Bowie, Phish, U2, Merle Haggard, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant, Dale Watson, The Who, REM, Whitney Houston, and Genesis in concert..........among many, many others.

- I've had an extended conversation with the Oscar-winning producer of Schindler's List and Jurassic Park.
- I've lived in Hawaii and Las Vegas.
- I once had tri-citizenship.
- I got a degree in Economics (with a double major in English) as an adult while going to school full-time, working full-time, and having a family.
- I also have never drank coffee. It sure does smell great though.
- I once showed up at my ex-wife's place to pick up my kid with my then 23 y/o gf (I was 31 at the time) so I could show her off to the ex. She was pissed. It still puts a smile on my face as I think about it.

Reactions: treyforuk
I like most any part of Europe given the history, also South America. I love Colombia- my wife is from there so I got to know it better than most. Peru too, I love ceviche. ;-)
My wife is in Paris right now, but I had to work (I haven’t eaten a vegetable for 6 days). Going to Madrid and Barcelona in October.

Is that your car?

Yes. I debated putting it on here, but it’s blue and there just aren’t too many blue Ferrari’s out there and I think, like everything, it looks better in blue.

That’s so cool, man! I love hearing people’s travel stories. When, where, who, what? All the details. Have fun in Spain! Keep up the curiosity. Cheers!

My wife is vagan, definitely the better choice. I still handle eggs and cheese on occasion when at a restaurant. Knowing Jessica she might pay you.

Vegetarian is good man. Nothing wrong with it.

Tell Jessica i do $100 for a half/half

I used to climb cell phone towers in 1999 and again in 2002. In 1999, I almost got hit in the head with a spud crescent wrench that fell from about sixty feet at the site in Georgetown, KY beside the Toyota plant. Would have killed me at the young age of 18.

I moved on to installing Ericsson phone switches for AT&T and MCI the following year, in 2000. I went to Boston, Washington DC, Miami and NYC, in succession. Was in DC during the Cherry Blossom Festival. Also, the Elian Gonzalez trial was being held literally on the street right behind our job site.

Miami and NYC, at the age of 18 was a really fun time. Let's just say, it was probably the most fun I've ever had in my life. That whole year and a half stretch was, to be honest. Especially the year of 2000.

Then went to Orlando to do Ericsson RBS. Actually worked at the Disney World cell site. Was down there during the infamous Florida poll voting error.

To finish off the year of 2000, my Dad and I worked in Dubuque and Muscatine, Iowa. Dubuque is where Field of Dreams was filmed and we didn't even go see it. I'm still not over that completely.

Went on in 2001 to work in Paducah, KY, Columbus, OH, Cincinnati, Ohio, Cleveland, Ohio and Detroit, MI. Have worked in several really cool places since then, but it would take all day to type it out. Just figured I would leave something here. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Someone on here posted a video of a cell tower being climbed to make repairs. That ish is real and no joke. More power to you.

Watched it and enjoyed it. To me it’s not in the big four - Sopranos, Wire, MadMen, Breaking Bad - but it’s in the next group that includes Sons of Anarchy, Six Feet Under, Homeland and a couple others.

One issue I had with Justified was production design - there would have been a ton more UK stuff in the bars and worn by the characters if it really took place in eastern Kentucky.

By the way, I basically agree with your list, except that I wouldn’t put Breaking Bad in my personal top 4. Terrifically done show, but I got tired of watching Walter White do Walter White things. I realize that isn’t a popular opinion. Loved Jesse’s character though. And Hank.

Westworld has potential to climb the list, but I’m not completely sold yet. Need to see it play out.

Another show I thought was great for those who haven’t seen it is Rome. Sort of GOT before GOT, but based on history and only ran 2 seasons.

I’ve seen Bruce Springsteen, Prince, The Rolling Stones, The Grateful Dead, Michael Jackson, David Bowie, Phish, U2, Merle Haggard, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant, Dale Watson, The Who, REM, Whitney Houston, and Genesis in concert..........among many, many others.
Impressive list, for me Chicago,Seals and Crofts,Carpenters,Rod Stewart x's 2,Dylan x's 3, Haggard,Doug Kershaw, Jackson Browne,Townes Van Zandt and probably some I am forgetting.

Left out Jerry Clower,where I came from we knew somebody like just about every character he talked about.Hell,we grew up doing some of the stuff he talked about and it was normal.:D

Last edited:
Reactions: gojvc
By the way, I basically agree with your list, except that I wouldn’t put Breaking Bad in my personal top 4. Terrifically done show, but I got tired of watching Walter White do Walter White things. I realize that isn’t a popular opinion. Loved Jesse’s character though. And Hank.

Westworld has potential to climb the list, but I’m not completely sold yet. Need to see it play out.

Another show I thought was great for those who haven’t seen it is Rome. Sort of GOT before GOT, but based on history and only ran 2 seasons.
Agree on Rome, great show. I lost interest with BB too, I know I’m in th minority. Same with Sopranos. At some point you get it and it becomes too much. That’s far from happening with GOT. WW- I keep watching and it’s up and down. I also enjoyed Deadwood.

Reactions: morgousky and Aike
Impressive list, for me Chicago,Seals and Crofts,Carpenters,Rod Stewart x's 2,Dylan x's 3, Haggard,Doug Kershaw, Jackson Browne,Townes Van Zandt and probably some I am forgetting.

A real daisy did...

One time, years and years ago, I was working out of state on a temp assignment to assist another entity in my company. I was at the hotel, trying to sleep, it was about 2 am. Shitty little hotel, overran by drugs and scary local losers. I hear a knock on my door. Thinking it was a dealer or hooker trying to score, I ignored it. Then another knock; then another.

I got out of bed, looked through the peephole. It was an attractive, very attractive, female. I recognized her from earlier in the day, from work. I opened the door. With her was another very, very attractive female. I asked what she needed, door still mostly shut. She said, very matter of factly, that her and her friend wanted to come in and "get to know me as a pair," if you know what I mean.

I told the couple that I was effectively their boss. and that I couldn't do that. Now - I will say honestly now - that was a very difficult decision, as they were extremely hot.

The girl looked at me, in a serious and "won't take no for an answer kind of way" that it was ok that I didn't want to participate, that it would be just fine if I "only watched."

Well, I won't tell you what happened, I'll leave that for you all to imagine. Did I watch? Did I send them away? What do you think?

As well, on the same trip, I encountered a very pretty Hispanic house keeper in my room after coming back from work. She was crying and sitting on the edge of the bed. I tried to ask her what was wrong and she didn't speak English. I told her "sorry" in Spanish. She looked at me, got up, walked to me, and tried to kiss me! I gently pushed her away. She tried again, I pushed her away.

Next day at work, I told a co-worker the story of the housekeeper. I did not know he knew the manager of the hotel. I also didn't know he would call the manager later and tell him what happened.

Next day, I go back to work, and this guy told me not to worry, he talked to the manager at the hotel and that the house keeper had been fired. I felt awful.

These two stories are 100% true. No bullshit. It was a pretty wild trip.

Good list.

Reactions: gojvc
Agree on Rome, great show. I lost interest with BB too, I know I’m in th minority. Same with Sopranos. At some point you get it and it becomes too much. That’s far from happening with GOT. WW- I keep watching and it’s up and down. I also enjoyed Deadwood.

I love Sopranos, appreciated it even more on a re-watch. Noticing bits of dialogue in season one that actually set the table for the entire series...masterful.

I’m a big fan of GOT too, but I thought the summit meeting or whatever you call it last season was cringeworthy. Still, the show has been mostly great. Looking forward to the finish and hoping there are some surprises that work.

I haven’t watched Deadwood - need to put that on my list.

The Wire is my favorite though. Would love to see someone top it.

Reactions: kev69 and morgousky
I love Sopranos, appreciated it even more on a re-watch. Noticing bits of dialogue in season one that actually set the table for the entire series...masterful.

I’m a big fan of GOT too, but I thought the summit meeting or whatever you call it last season was cringeworthy. Still, the show has been mostly great. Looking forward to the finish and hoping there are some surprises that work.

I haven’t watched Deadwood - need to put that on my list.

The Wire is my favorite though. Would love to see someone top it.
The Wire is far and away the best,Deadwood is good as well no one has mentioned Longmire. Lou Diamond Phillips' character was great

Reactions: treyforuk and Aike
back in 2001 I believe I saw what would be considered a grey Alien at my grandma's. after 30 minutes I gathered myself from being scared out of my mind I went into my grandma's bedroom on the other side of her house and she was in shock because she said earlier there was a demon standing in the doorway staring at her...

I would of thought it was sleep paralysis or a strange hallucination for some reason ..I wouldnt know why but sometimes your body does strange things... but when my grandma had a similar experience at the same time on the other side of the house... well. I mean.. wth ?? just weird.

I figured this might peek the interest of a few here and others will amaze them that my grandmother when she was alive and myself might just be down right bat sheet crazy lol .

back in 2001 I believe I saw what would be considered a grey Alien at my grandma's. after 30 minutes I gathered myself from being scared out of my mind I went into my grandma's bedroom on the other side of her house and she was in shock because she said earlier there was a demon standing in the doorway staring at her...

I would of thought it was sleep paralysis or a strange hallucination for some reason ..I wouldnt know why but sometimes your body does strange things... but when my grandma had a similar experience at the same time on the other side of the house... well. I mean.. wth ?? just weird.

I figured this might peek the interest of a few here and others will amaze them that my grandmother when she was alive and myself might just be down right bat sheet crazy lol .
When I was in Windsor, England in late August,1985 (I know the date because I was on my honeymoon) I looked up and saw a silver sphere in the sky. It wasn’t giant like you see in the movies, but looked more like a round silver ball. Anyway, I grabbed my wife and said “check that out, what is it” and by the time I was able to show her right where it was, it was gone. This was about noon, I had not been drinking, clear skies and I am not into UFO’s and all that stuff. I never figured it out what it was, but it was real and faster than the blink of an eye.

When I was in Windsor, England in late August,1985 (I know the date because I was on my honeymoon) I looked up and saw a silver sphere in the sky. It wasn’t giant like you see in the movies, but looked more like a round silver ball. Anyway, I grabbed my wife and said “check that out, what is it” and by the time I was able to show her right where it was, it was gone. This was about noon, I had not been drinking, clear skies and I am not into UFO’s and all that stuff. I never figured it out what it was, but it was real and faster than the blink of an eye.

UFO’s are real and it should be the biggest story of our time.

I think it’s demonic deception and angels personally. Spiritual warfare.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
I am from Lexington
I live half the time in NYC and the other in Miami. Bella Hadid and Chandler from friends live in my building in NY and Antonio Brown in Miami
It is my car
I travel just about every week
I actually think we have a lot of smart people on this board but a few that make up for it
I go to nearly all of our tourney games
My brother had a beautiful red Ferrari 308. He left it with me here in Nashville for a summer while he prepared to move from FL. I drove it only a few times, and was scared to death it would somehow get nicked in my garage. I love those cars.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT