ADVERTISEMENT

The ship will right

Yes I totally agree this is what I’ve been saying. This is the problem. By the time we are able to compete our record will be so bad we will be seeded very low.

sadly I think this is what will happen. There are some good pieces but by the time they ”get it” it will be too late.

Did you actually watch those 2 games?Richmond didn't just beat us but blew us out on our home floor.Kansas played about as bad as possible and we still lost.It's not just that we lost but how inept we are on offense.
Richmond probably watched tonight's game and realized that even though they beat UK it wasn't a quality win after all.

As for “righting the ship” I guess that would depend on your definition of “ right” if you mean being able to field a competitive team by tournament time then yes he will probably right the ship. Of course we will have several” bad losses early and will get a lower seed and a tougher draw and we will hear Cal whine about how we got shafted by the committee . In reality we will get the seed we deserve because in most cases the committee takes into account the whole season and the Cal UK teams generally stink early. If by righting the ship you mean playing artful, skillful basketball for an entire season then the answer is no.i realize that many UK teams before Cal didn’t do this either but the expectation to do so did. Coaches that played like we do in November and December WERE held accountable but Cal has conditioned many in our fan base to consider playing great basketball at Kentucky a Provence only to be inhabited in late February or March. That is zNOT what made us the great program we are. Rupp would have a stroke if he heard some of the nonsense many of our fans spout about losing basketball we seem to invariably p,ay to start each season.

Last edited:
Problem with that logic is far more of our players haven't been one and done than have. While I am sure most of these kids want to end up a OAD if the opportunity presents itself, any idiot with elementary math should be able to see the odds aren't exactly in their favor, even at UK.

You need to check your math in this, because it’s wrong. Over half of our players have been one and done. And you say far more haven’t been than have? Check again.

You need to check your math in this, because it’s wrong. Over half of our players have been one and done. And you say far more haven’t been than have? Check again.
Lol, where in the hell are you getting this?
Wall, Bledsoe, Cousins, Knight, Kanter, Davis, MKG, Teague, Noel, Goodwin, Randle, Young, Towns, Booker, Lyles, Murray, Skal, Fox, Monk, Bam, Diallo, SGA, Knox, Vanderbilt, Herro, Johnson, Maxey, Whitney, Orton. How is that half of our players?

That is 29 players in 11 seasons. That is an avg of 2.63 players per year that have been OAD. Not really close to half our players there big guy! 😂

And it’s not just the ones that go one and done.

All of them intend to.

Half or more go one and done.

Many others go pro after 2 seasons way before they’re ready.

Many more transfer because they weren’t able to go one and done.

Lol, where in the hell are you getting this?
Wall, Bledsoe, Cousins, Knight, Kanter, Davis, MKG, Teague, Noel, Goodwin, Randle, Young, Towns, Booker, Lyles, Murray, Skal, Fox, Monk, Bam, Diallo, SGA, Knox, Vanderbilt, Herro, Johnson, Maxey, Whitney, Orton. How is that half of our players?

Look at the recruiting classes, and do the math. It’s not that hard to do, Took me a few minutes. Go ahead, do it and come back to me.

I included the transfers in my math after one year (Matthews, Juzang) but I’m pretty sure it still comes out to more than 50% even if you just count to the NBA. But I figure one and done is one and done.

Again, do the math again. Apparently elementary math is harder than you thought?

That is 29 players in 11 seasons. That is an avg of 2.63 players per year that have been OAD. Not really close to half our players there big guy! 😂

Holy lord do I really have to explain this to you ...

Now name the players from Cal’s recruiting classes that were NOT one and done. If that number comes out to 29 or less, you got your answer.

I’m dying right now. Are you serious, Clark?

Look at the recruiting classes, and do the math. It’s not that hard to do, Took me a few minutes. Go ahead, do it and come back to me.

I included the transfers in my math after one year (Matthews, Juzang) but I’m pretty sure it still comes out to more than 50% even if you just count to the NBA. But I figure one and done is one and done.

Again, do the math again. Apparently elementary math is harder than you thought?
Lol, wtf are you smoking? I am coming up with 33. So still not half. That isn’t factoring Miller, Harrelson, Liggins, any of the returners from the first season or any guys who will return this season or guys who transferred in. So it still isn’t quite the half or more you claim. I don’t know what math you are using where less than a 3 per year avg could mean most of the players. We must be playing with a 6 man team most years in your world! Lol.

Now please do your math for us. I want to see this hillbilly shit!

Lol, wtf are you smoking? I am coming up with 33. So still not half. That isn’t factoring Miller, Harrelson, Liggins, any of the returners from the first season or any guys who will return this season or guys who transferred in. So it still isn’t quite the half or more you claim. I don’t know what math you are using where less than a 3 per year avg could mean most of the players. We must be playing with a 6 man team most years in your world! Lol.

Now please do your math for us. I want to see this hillbilly shit!

Your math is blowing me away, It’s very easy, you named all the guys that were one and done under Cal, right? Now name all the guys that weren’t one and done. From Cal’s recruiting classes. It’s really easy.to do. And like I said, I included the players that transferred after one year as that is one and done here at Kentucky.

I can’t even figure out what you’re trying to do with that other math. The equation isn’t a complicated one.

Your math is blowing me away, It’s very easy, you named all the guys that were one and done under Cal, right? Now name all the guys that weren’t one and done. From Cal’s recruiting classes. It’s really easy.to do. And like I said, I included the players that transferred after one year as that is one and done here at Kentucky.
Are you retarded? How the hell would less than 2.63 players per year equate to half the rosters? A team of roughly 6 players a year would automatically be more than half of that. Typically we have a team of 10+ players. How are you this stupid?

We have had a ton of players over the last 11 years. If you want a roster breakdown, go look it up.

just like we derailed the program when 4 other title winning coaches left?
Well, Eddie Sutton got us on probation and no post season or TV games for 2 years. Smith set us back a bit after his first year and BCG basically lit the place on fire. Not quite the history you are envisioning. Now you all are acting like everyday Cal stays in charge the further damage he is doing.

Are you retarded? How the hell would less than 2.63 players per year equate to half the rosters? A team of roughly 6 players a year would automatically be more than half of that. Typically we have a team of 10+ players. How are you this stupid?

We have had a ton of players over the last 11 years. If you want a roster breakdown, go look it up.

Jesus, you’re making this WAY too complex. It’s as simple as looking at the recruiting classes every year, counting the total number of players, and then counting how many of them have been one and done. I don’t know what the hell youre doing with this math to figure out that what I’m saying would lead to 6 men on a roster. Just ... what??? I can’t even figure out what you’re doing with that to be able to explain why it doesn’t make sense.

• Haha
Reactions: Will Bithers
Well you said when the 4 winning coaches left. We hired Sutton when Hall left, we hired Smith when Pitino left and we hired BCG when Smith left. So we kind of did derail the program when they left!
And each time (except for bcg) we hired a coach that won a title
after Hall we hired Pitino
then we hired tubby and after BGC (lol fool couldn’t win the nit) we hired cal

Reactions: awf
I don’t know what the hell youre doing with this math to figure out that what I’m saying would lead to 6 men on a roster. Just ... what??? I can’t even figure out what you’re doing with that to be able to explain why it doesn’t make sense.
Well, I can't argue with you there! You definitely do not understand!

@STL_Cat
  1. Miller
  2. Liggins
  3. Harrelson
  4. Hood
  5. Twanny Beckham
  6. Eloy Vargas
  7. Jarred Polson
  8. Doron Lamb
  9. Jones
  10. Wiltjer
  11. Poythress
  12. WCS
  13. AA Harrison
  14. Andrew Harrison
  15. Dakari Johnson
  16. Marcus Lee
  17. Dom Hawkins
  18. Ulis
  19. Briscoe
  20. Humphries
  21. Mulder
  22. Wynyard
  23. Gabriel
  24. SKJ
  25. Baker
  26. Washington
  27. Green
  28. Richards
  29. Montgomery
  30. Hagans
  31. Quickley
  32. Brooks
  33. Allen
  34. Diallo and Harrow technically were here mire than 1 year, but even without them you are above half already by about 5 off the top of my head. You also have Sestina and Reid plus the 2 current SR/GRAD Transfers that were only 1 and done by rules, not to mention the players that will return from this group. So it is well over half. Poole, Matthews and Juzang wen't technically one and done players either. Toppin also isn't a OAD by definition.
So you ready to admit you were wrong and the old arithmetic might need a little brushing up on?

Last edited:
And each time (except for bcg) we hired a coach that won a title
after Hall we hired Pitino
then we hired tubby and after BGC (lol fool couldn’t win the nit) we hired cal
Uhh, we hired Sutton after Hall and he derailed the program and almost got us the death penalty. Pitino was great here. Smith won with Pitino players and didn't do squat after that 98 season. BCG was a drunken mess in over his head. Hall, as much as he is beloved now, wasn't a lot of people's choice back in his day either.

Let me say it like this. When we bring in a freshman, the odds favor them staying at Kentucky only one year. Please prove me wrong. Go ahead and name for me 29 players (ot more) who have returned to Kentucky for their sophomore year under John Calipari. It’s this simple.

• Haha
If we have a few more December losses, that will put us at 2-5 with only 3 potential quality wins left on the schedule.

That will put us in danger of even making the tournament at all.
Yeah, I think the sunshine pumpers fail to see this. Winning two of the next four games, at this point, isn’t a given.

I’m hopeful to be 3-5 going into SEC play.
Texas will handle us, and we’ll lose at least 6 games in the SEC, plus another in the SEC tourney.

One way or another, we will finish with at least 13 losses, with very few, if any, good wins.

And that spells NIT. And yes, pumpers, let’s please revisit this post in a few months.

Reactions: CB3UK
And in a shortened season, that could mean an even earlier exit.
This team needs a full season to right the ship since they are all so young. I just don’t see there being enough runway to land this plane.
Yeah, we'll look good against Ole Miss and Vandy and we'll think we got something, but that's fools gold.
This may be a year we don’t even look good against them. Prepare yourself.

Kersey & Cane probably watched the game together, talking about how great they are what they will average & how they are sure fire #1 picks.

I hardly, if I did at all, post over here on this board all offseason specifically because I saw the blind lunacy from the pumpers about this team and I honestly didnt feel like arguing with a bunch of blind sycophants.

1 player returning. 3 mercenaries. A guy from Wake Forest is not the ****ing savior of UK basketball. I dont know what the **** is wrong with people or how long theyve even bsen watching basketball, much less whether they are competent enough to even understand the game.

Honestly I'm more pissed off about a swath of our fan base that is this incredibly stupid than I am about these losses because any neutral observer could see this circus a mile away, and did.

Lol at you if you think these kids come to UK to stay.

Also, who told you Cal is trying to recruit multi year players? Where did you get that from?

Oh yeah, I'm sure Cal didn't intend set up those pro days to showcase our guys to all those NBA guys.

You're clueless. Everything Cal does in this program is designed to prepare his players for the NBA.

Lastly, if you see players transferring and leaving for the GL afrer 2 years and you can't figure out why, you're the problem.
Don’t you guys ever get tired of debating LeadBelly?

I hardly, if I did at all, post over here on this board all offseason specifically because I saw the blind lunacy from the pumpers about this team and I honestly didnt feel like arguing with a bunch of blind sycophants.

1 player returning. 3 mercenaries. A guy from Wake Forest is not the ****ing savior of UK basketball. I dont know what the **** is wrong with people or how long theyve even bsen watching basketball, much less whether they are competent enough to even understand the game.

Honestly I'm more pissed off about a swath of our fan base that is this incredibly stupid than I am about these losses because any neutral observer could see this circus a mile away, and did.
This

Same. I've been saying this for a few years now, but I think the majority weren't ready to hear it back then. I was accused of being a UofL fan when I could see that UK is a train headed off the tracks but everyone had their head in the sand.

It's not about the wins and losses of the current team. It's about the overall shape and direction of the program being lead by an incredible recruiter whose main goal is to get kids to the NBA. That's not a recipe for long term success at the most successful program in college basketball history.

Thank God for that buyout. At least they can't realistically fire him anytime soon. We have a few more years before some of you hijack and derail the program for years to come.
Yeah, I can't wait to see Cal weaken the schedule even more than it already is, then still lose to another Evansville each year. Who knows, maybe Alcorn State and SW Louisiana state school of the blind will get us. Obviously we aren't embarrassed enough yet.

But hey, there's still that awesome NBA draft streak Cal's got going on. I'm really proud of him for saving the financial lives of all these 5* kids.

• Haha
Check this out:
Roy Williams - 3 titles - 4 million dollar salary
Jay Wright - 2 titles - 4 million dollar salary
Coach K - 5 titles - 7.25 million dollar salary
Cal - 1 title - 9.5 million dollar salary and a 60 million dollar buyout

Is UK getting it's moneys worth? At 10 million a year, Cal should put UK first and he should do everything in his power to win titles. He's laughing all the way to the bank right niw because he's stealing money.
His buyout is 25 million. Where you seeing 60?

I can only speak for myself but I'm not overly impressed with this year's schedule at all. Kansas, OK, challenging game and I'm not all that upset if we lose (which we did)

Notre Dame, Georgia Tech. UCLA - STFU with that noise Cal

We play Texas much later in the year when you're supposed to have your team peaked, right?

Has it really come to the point that playing power 5 conference teams that have good but not great basketball teams is a hard schedule for UK?

Reactions: CB3UK and kyjeff1

@STL_Cat
  1. Miller
  2. Liggins
  3. Harrelson
  4. Hood
  5. Twanny Beckham
  6. Eloy Vargas
  7. Jarred Polson
  8. Doron Lamb
  9. Jones
  10. Wiltjer
  11. Poythress
  12. WCS
  13. AA Harrison
  14. Andrew Harrison
  15. Dakari Johnson
  16. Marcus Lee
  17. Dom Hawkins
  18. Ulis
  19. Briscoe
  20. Humphries
  21. Mulder
  22. Wynyard
  23. Gabriel
  24. SKJ
  25. Baker
  26. Washington
  27. Green
  28. Richards
  29. Montgomery
  30. Hagans
  31. Quickley
  32. Brooks
  33. Allen
  34. Diallo and Harrow technically were here mire than 1 year, but even without them you are above half already by about 5 off the top of my head. You also have Sestina and Reid plus the 2 current SR/GRAD Transfers that were only 1 and done by rules, not to mention the players that will return from this group. So it is well over half. Poole, Matthews and Juzang wen't technically one and done players either. Toppin also isn't a OAD by definition.
So you ready to admit you were wrong and the old arithmetic might need a little brushing up on?
Why isn't Kahlil Whitney on your list?

You do realize that Miller, Liggins and Harrelson were on the team when Cal took over the program right?

But is doesn't matter, a lot of these guys left after their sophomore year to go play overseas or in the GL. Heck, did Lamb, Teague, Mulder and SKJ even continue playing after they left us early?

We went to the NIT in 2013, could you imagine getting Lamb and Teague back from the 2012 team?

What other program has guys leave for the GL after their Freshman or sophomore seasons? Does that make sense to you? Doesn't that give you an idea of what the mindset is of these kids that are coming to UK? Why do they have this two year or bust mentality?

Nice try on your list of names, it looks like an attempt at a spin job to me.

You do realize that Miller, Liggins and Harrelson were on the team when Cal took over the program right?

But is doesn't matter, a lot of these guys left after their sophomore year to go play overseas or in the GL. Heck, did Lamb, Teague, Mulder and SKJ even continue playing after they left us early?

We went to the NIT in 2013, could you imagine getting Lamb and Teague back from the 2012 team?

What other program has guys leave for the GL after their Freshman or sophomore seasons? Does that make sense to you? Doesn't that give you an idea of what the mindset is of these kids that are coming to UK? Why do they have this two year or bust mentality?

Lol, Khalil wasn't a multi year player. Nor was he one and done. He was a quitter.

Miller, Liggins and Harrelson stillnplayed multiple years for Cal, right? They easily could have transfered, correct?

I know 3 of those 4 did. Can't tell you much about SKJ. However, still, none of them were OAD.

Yea, unless Lamb or Teague could play the 5 after Noel went down, it wasn't helping much. Obviously they could have helped Harrow's struggles, but that team needed a good post player after Noel.

Several. Look around the at the former college players on overseas teams. Most didn't come from UK. And it makes perfect sense. People would rather make money instead of doing it for free. Particularly when they can make a lot of money and provide a better life.

So which name on that list didn't play more than a year for Cal? So then how is it a spin?

I just want you to know I am here for your rage! I am loving it!

Let me say it like this. When we bring in a freshman, the odds favor them staying at Kentucky only one year. Please prove me wrong. Go ahead and name for me 29 players (ot more) who have returned to Kentucky for their sophomore year under John Calipari. It’s this simple.
  1. Miller
  2. Liggins
  3. Harrelson
  4. Hood
  5. Twanny Beckham
  6. Eloy Vargas
  7. Jarred Polson
  8. Doron Lamb
  9. Jones
  10. Wiltjer
  11. Poythress
  12. WCS
  13. AA Harrison
  14. Andrew Harrison
  15. Dakari Johnson
  16. Marcus Lee
  17. Dom Hawkins
  18. Ulis
  19. Briscoe
  20. Humphries
  21. Mulder
  22. Wynyard
  23. Gabriel
  24. SKJ
  25. Baker
  26. Washington
  27. Green
  28. Richards
  29. Montgomery
  30. Hagans
  31. Quickley
  32. Brooks
  33. Allen
So you ready to admit you were wrong and the old arithmetic might need a little brushing up on? Or did you just want to keep your tail tucked under you and ignore it?

Last edited:

Teague was drafted. Lamb bounced around various places. Mulder was in the G League and has played some in the NBA, don’t know what he is doing now. SKJ flunked out of school wherever he transferred to, I believe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT