ADVERTISEMENT

The ship will right

In case you haven’t figured it out, we all use arbitrary measures if it aids in our argument. That’s how statistics work. You did it and I did it. Using my criteria, there are 34 guys who played 1 year under Cal, had eligibility remaining, then left. I don’t know where you are getting 29. Even removing Patterson to go to a true OAD leaves 33

John Wall
Demarcus Cousins
Daniel Orton
Eric Bledsoe
Patrick Patterson
Darnell Dodson
Brandon Knight
Stacey Poole
Anthony Davis
MKG
Marquis Teague
Archie Goodwin
Nerlens Noel
Julius Randle
James Young
KAT
Devin Booker
Trey Lyles
Jamal Murray
Skal
Charles Matthews
Malik Monk
De’Aaron Fox
Bam Adebayo
Kevin Knox
SGA
Jared Vanderbilt
Tyler Herro
Keldon Johnson
Tyrese Maxey
Khalil Whitney
Johnny Juzang
Hami Diallo
Ryan Harrow
I did not actually. I literally just broke it down originally by scholarship players who stayed multiple years under Cal (who actually had multiple years still available)
  1. Miller
  2. Liggins
  3. Harrelson
  4. Hood
  5. Eloy Vargas
  6. Doron Lamb
  7. Jones
  8. Wiltjer
  9. Poythress
  10. WCS
  11. AA Harrison
  12. Andrew Harrison
  13. Dakari Johnson
  14. Marcus Lee
  15. Willis
  16. Dom Hawkins
  17. Ulis
  18. Briscoe
  19. Humphries
  20. Mulder
  21. Wynyard
  22. Gabriel
  23. SKJ
  24. Baker
  25. Washington
  26. Green
  27. Richards
  28. Montgomery
  29. Hagans
  30. Quickley
  31. Brooks
  32. Allen
  33. Diallo
  34. Harrow
That is 34 who stayed more than 1 year, minus Beckham and Polson who were also always scholarship recipients and role players. Seems odd to leave them off, but I want to be sure we meet the criteria for the narrative you want to spin.

So, now, list your guys who left after 1 single season, that had time available and still left. Let me know what you come up with.

Lmao Cowards?! Oh no the big...bad...scary Will had people going offline with your post which so intelligently listed walk-ons to fit your agenda. It didn’t matter that they got scholarships because their were open spots on the team. Your such a bad ass for letting us all know that Cal kept some walk on multi year guys with no shot at playing. Thanks so much and please don’t make anymore scary posts.
Hyperbole much?

What would you call someone who is afraid to admit they were wrong and disappears after?

IIRC, didn't both Polson and Beckham end up playing a good amount of minutes for "walk-ons" with "no shot of playing"?

I will try my hardest!

• Haha
Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998
Hyperbole much?

What would you call someone who is afraid to admit they were wrong and disappears after?

IIRC, didn't both Polson and Beckham end up playing a good amount of minutes for "walk-ons" with "no shot of playing"?

I will try my hardest!
It’s Monday so I’m allowed to be a little bit of a smart ass. lol regardless I respectfully disagree with you. I’m kidding so don’t get offended.

I did not actually. I literally just broke it down originally by scholarship players who stayed multiple years under Cal (who actually had multiple years still available)
  1. Miller
  2. Liggins
  3. Harrelson
  4. Hood
  5. Eloy Vargas
  6. Doron Lamb
  7. Jones
  8. Wiltjer
  9. Poythress
  10. WCS
  11. AA Harrison
  12. Andrew Harrison
  13. Dakari Johnson
  14. Marcus Lee
  15. Willis
  16. Dom Hawkins
  17. Ulis
  18. Briscoe
  19. Humphries
  20. Mulder
  21. Wynyard
  22. Gabriel
  23. SKJ
  24. Baker
  25. Washington
  26. Green
  27. Richards
  28. Montgomery
  29. Hagans
  30. Quickley
  31. Brooks
  32. Allen
  33. Diallo
  34. Harrow
That is 34 who stayed more than 1 year, minus Beckham and Polson who were also always scholarship recipients and role players. Seems odd to leave them off, but I want to be sure we meet the criteria for the narrative you want to spin.

So, now, list your guys who left after 1 single season, that had time available and still left. Let me know what you come up with.
You and I disagree on 33 & 34 and where they belong. They both played one single season and left. I know we aren’t going to agree on that.
That’s how I got my 34.

BTW, my criteria said Polson and Twany counted as guys for the multiple year list based on having a scholarship every season they were here.

You and I disagree on 33 & 34 and where they belong. They both played one single season and left. I know we aren’t going to agree on that.
That’s how I got my 34.

BTW, my criteria said Polson and Twany counted as guys for the multiple year list based on having a scholarship every season they were here.
Diallo wasn't going to get much run coming in January. Particularly on that team. There was no need to play him. Harrow on the otherhand would have played if eligible. We only had Teague as a PG and had to use Polson and Lamb to back him up. Cal would have used the shit out of Harrow if able. Regardless the kid was still on the title team and got a ring. Teague stated multiple times competing against Harrow in practice helped him tremendously.

But if you count Polson and Beckham, then you are down even more. Counting them and taking off Harrow and Diallo would be a wash. Neither way do you end up with more leaving than staying. At a certain point it might just be best to admit the reality of the situation that I was right all along.

Diallo wasn't going to get much run coming in January. Particularly on that team. There was no need to play him. Harrow on the otherhand would have played if eligible. We only had Teague as a PG and had to use Polson and Lamb to back him up. Cal would have used the shit out of Harrow if able. Regardless the kid was still on the title team and got a ring. Teague stated multiple times competing against Harrow in practice helped him tremendously.

But if you count Polson and Beckham, then you are down even more. Counting them and taking off Harrow and Diallo would be a wash.
Yep, seems about a 50/50 split give or take 1 or 2 guys based on how a couple of them are classified. All I know is I miss the 90’s.

Prediction for the end of December as long as games are played 4-5. That will be improvement. We lose to UCLA and UL.

Yep, seems about a 50/50 split give or take 1 or 2 guys based on how a couple of them are classified. All I know is I miss the 90’s.
Well shit, I miss the 60's and 70's, but sometimes you gotta evolve with the times. If we were still out here building teams of skinny white dudes from EKY, we aren’t going to be making it too far in today's climate.

Reactions: bthaunert
iu

Probably, but even insane people can be correct! 🤪

Lol, the Polson article literally reiterates he was granted a scholarship! 🤣 Try reading!

Twany was also given a scholorship. Again, try reading!

You all keep trying so hard and coming up so short! And even if you took them out you still aren't even at half yet.....

I noticed that you laughed at my post earlier in the thread. It was where I said that without some major improvement, that we would not win another game in December, and you laughed. So who was right, laughing boy?

Lol. I think it is hilarious that some of the same people who get pissed when their old takes of negativity get brought back to the top are the same hypocrites gleeful this thread was brought back from the dead. 😂

Just tag em

I noticed that you laughed at my post earlier in the thread. It was where I said that without some major improvement, that we would not win another game in December, and you laughed. So who was right, laughing boy?
That account was banned, as was his subsequent 873 accounts. If it wasn't, I wouldn't hold my breathe. He'd try to argue that we actually did win a game. I've never seen him admit being wrong. It's one of his flaws.

Bostons shot will fall when he gets his puppy’s set instead of throwing it at the basket on the run. This team will be totally different come March and many of the posters posting the dumb, attention seeking threads will be “out of pocket”.

LOL oh Baller

@sk73 you liked this. Feel the same still? Genuinely curious.

Like a summer pumpkin

@MbergCat
Why do you hide your history? I use to like looking at it to see your posts that I missed working, I know some hide it so people don't know when they have visited the board because they post controversial stuff, but that just dose not sound like you. I hope you weren't harassed. :cool:

Also, I don't know why my post is in dark type.

@MbergCat
Why do you hide your history? I use to like looking at it to see your posts that I missed working, I know some hide it so people don't know when they have visited the board because they post controversial stuff, but that just dose not sound like you. I hope you weren't harassed. :cool:

I don’t know either but it’s easier to read for a half blind guy like me 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
I don’t know either but it’s easier to read for a half blind guy like me 🙄

I understand brother, every year I have to buy a stronger set of readers. I have gone to the transgressive, I think thats what they call them, and man are the hard to get use to, half of the time it makes me feel like I have buzz from the old years.

LOL 😭 😭 😂😂

@MbergCat

I was harassed pretty relentlessly for a while. So I changed some of my privacy settings.

Reactions: cdbearde
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT