ADVERTISEMENT

The Series

I have a tremendous amount of respect for the U.K. Basketball program. But, the U.K. Fans these last few years are the epitome of a modern day snow flake.
Fans want to cancel a series because words were said during a rivalry game? No wonder Duke and unc own you guys. Blue bloods don't cower away because feelings get hurt! Lol
So quit acting like cry babies and play the team that's so inferior to you guys and beat them like you did the last time you played them! Lol
Meh.

Last edited:
Things you cry/whine about

Duke everything
Unc everything
Kansas everything
NCAA
Calipari and his recruiting/winning/losing basically anything and everything.
Higgins
UofL
Crean
Pitino
Never IU because they are the worst ever and crying about them would only give them relevance.
Brackets
Seeding

You guys have a great program, arguably the best. Act like it and quit acting like entitled little b******!

Oh and good luck next season
You.

Last edited:
I have a tremendous amount of respect for the U.K. Basketball program. But, the U.K. Fans these last few years are the epitome of a modern day snow flake.
Fans want to cancel a series because words were said during a rivalry game? No wonder Duke and unc own you guys. Blue bloods don't cower away because feelings get hurt! Lol
So quit acting like cry babies and play the team that's so inferior to you guys and beat them like you did the last time you played them! Lol
Rent Free. . .

I think Cal would play them at a neutral site. He has recruited Indy very well, so playing a game against them in Indy could be a good recruiting tool for him.

But he isn't stepping foot in Assembly Hall again, if he can help it.

Reactions: RogerIndy
Things you cry/whine about

Duke everything
Unc everything
Kansas everything
NCAA
Calipari and his recruiting/winning/losing basically anything and everything.
Higgins
UofL
Crean
Pitino
Never IU because they are the worst ever and crying about them would only give them relevance.
Brackets
Seeding

You guys have a great program, arguably the best. Act like it and quit acting like entitled little b******!

Oh and good luck next season
But, we've yet to hang a banner for a Sweet 16 run or make a commemorative popcorn box for a December win. Nice try though.

I'm at the point where I don't care if we play IU or not. IU started losing its mojo in the last four or five years of the Bobby Knight era, and for the most part hasn't been relevant since. OOC games against Louisville, UNC, Kansas, etc, are more meaningful than playing a pathetic has-been program desperate to recapture its former glory days.

I grew up on the right side of the river but live in Evansville now. My mom is from Evansville but she's been a UK fan as long as I can remember, but most of my other relatives are IU fans. [sick] Thankfully there's a sufficient critical mass of UK fans here that I don't feel too out of place.

All that said, I have to put up with butt hurt IU fans on a daily basis. Just the other night, at a church fellowship meeting, I had some guys going from ragging about UK losing to UNC to recycling tired comments about Cal being a cheater, not caring about his players, etc. I do my best to turn the other cheek and let the haters hate.

I'm sure if the $$$$$ and the circumstances work out, they'll probably figure out a way to make it happen. In that case so be it.

But, we've yet to hang a banner for a Sweet 16 run or make a commemorative popcorn box for a December win. Nice try though.

That was the IU administration, good stuff I know. But I'm referring to you fans, crying about a ref costing you possibly 3 titles?!! Lmao or crying about any of the things I posted earlier. Great program, great school, great coach, great players........and snowflake fans.
I feel embarrassed for your players who I bet would play anybody anytime anywhere and they get supported by a fan base that gets there feelings hurt by words and begs an administration to not play teams that have fans that might say something offensive.
Lol

That was the IU administration, good stuff I know. But I'm referring to you fans, crying about a ref costing you possibly 3 titles?!! Lmao or crying about any of the things I posted earlier. Great program, great school, great coach, great players........and snowflake fans.
I feel embarrassed for your players who I bet would play anybody anytime anywhere and they get supported by a fan base that gets there feelings hurt by words and begs an administration to not play teams that have fans that might say something offensive.
Lol
I mean, you guys eliminated us from the tourney last season. Can't you just enjoy that and run with it? We're fine with it. We're just not passionate about it. Truthfully, I think most UK fans just feel . . . I don't know . . . uninspired about it. Why does it matter so much to IU fans?

Last edited:
Lol
Yeah, "good stuff" you should definitely be proud of popcorn boxes and Sweet 16 Runs. You guys are NRSR = Not Relevant Since Reagan. LOL!
And you say UK fans are the "snowflake liberals" huh?
Care to comment on this...?
http://www.newsmax.com/Reagan/bloomington-indiana-columbus-day-good-friday/2016/12/10/id/763253/

I mean, you guys eliminated us from the tourney last season. Can't you just enjoy that and run with it? We're fine with it. We're just not passionate about it. Truthfully, I think most UK fans just feel . . . I don't know . . . uninspired about it. Why does it matter so much to IU fans?

Uninspired? You love that word!!

I absolutely get the whole playing you guys doesn't help us. But that's just plain wrong.
For instance this year, unc nor Kansas was hurt seeding wise by playing/losing to IU this year even though IU didn't make the NCAA tournament.
Fact is you guys don't want to play us annually is out of fear. Fear that IU will be the darling of college bball again like the uk, unc, Duke and Kansas teams.
Fact is uk needs IU to be good again and this rivalry can be better than what unc and Duke has. If you don't think the unc and Duke rivalry doesn't bring in recruits and or keep them than your dumb.
Uk and IU both need each other.

Just curious Eric: Are you over or under 35? In other words, are you old enough to have any personal memory of a time when Indiana had relevancy in college basketball? Because, guess what. No top level recruits do. And most Kentucky fans don't.

So, why exactly should Kentucky stoop to give IUsetobe a game. Your program does not matter. Hell, UK would be better off playing Butler. Or any of a dozen other programs.

Lol
Define relevance to me when talking about college bball!
Yes I'm 40, and know what I need to know about college bball.
Uk fans use words like relevance and has beens like liberals use words like racist and sexist.
its a defensive mechanism for your fan base to run from challenges!

Lol
Uk fans use words like relevance and has beens like liberals use words like racist and sexist.
So do you still have your Damon Bailey poster on your bedroom wall? Time to let your parents have their computer back.

I absolutely get the whole playing you guys doesn't help us. But that's just plain wrong.
For instance this year, unc nor Kansas was hurt seeding wise by playing/losing to IU this year even though IU didn't make the NCAA tournament.
Fact is you guys don't want to play us annually is out of fear. Fear that IU will be the darling of college bball again like the uk, unc, Duke and Kansas teams.
Fact is uk needs IU to be good again and this rivalry can be better than what unc and Duke has. If you don't think the unc and Duke rivalry doesn't bring in recruits and or keep them than your dumb.

How will playing IU help UK's current recruiting? Fear of IU yet UK continues to play one of the strongest out of conference schedules. Whatever gets you through the day.

Please don't come to this board and tell UK fans "than your dumb". I think IU fans really possess dumb and just out of curiosity since it was "than" what was the other option?

Quit acting like the jr. high girl who stalks her ex begging him to take her back. YOUR fan base chanted Fu.. Kentucky and now YOU'RE here begging to play. That is laughable.

You come on this board and attempt to ridicule someone over word choice and display YOUR ignorance. Typical IU fan.

Reactions: wildcatwelder

You guys beat us last year, and the sun rose the next day. What would UK be afraid of exactly? We've already experienced a recent defeat to IU. What else is left? How would the game make IU the "darling of college basketball"? Us playing Witchita State a couple of times recently hasn't done it for them. I'm honestly not following.

Last edited:
Reactions: brianpoe
Lol

How about what relevance is not?

IU facts
  • The Big Ten Tournament has existed for 20 years. IU has never won it and has been runner up once.
  • In the last 24 seasons (including this one), IU has won the Big Ten regular season championship 3 times.
  • In the last 24 seasons, IU has been to ONE elite-8.
  • IU has played in 7 NCAA tournaments in the past 14 seasons (including this one).
  • Illinois has a higher all time winning % than IU.
  • Michigan has been to just as many title games and only 1 fewer Final Four than IU.
  • Michigan State and Ohio State have been to more Final Fours than IU.
Thanks to the original poster ganner918 who provided these facts.

You guys beat us last year, and the sun rose the next day. What would UK be afraid of exactly? We've already experienced a recent defeat to IU. What else is left? How would the game make IU the "darling of college basketball"? Us playing Witchita State a couple of times recently hasn't done it for them. I'm honestly not following.

Losing to IU on a regular basis is your fear, and not playing IU takes that fear away. Witchita state has never been a national power.
I can't help you follow along with simple logic. It's just easier for your fan base to not play IU than to explain why you got beat by such an "inferior" team!

I can't help you follow along with simple logic. It's just easier for your fan base to not play IU than to explain why you got beat by such an "inferior" team!
I guess not . . . we've come full circle. I'm back to being unenthusiastic (see what I did there?) again. Your ""logic" has led you back here. Good luck with your martyrdom on a cause nobody cares about. Future replies will be met with a lukewarm disregard.

Last edited:
How about what relevance is not?

IU facts
  • The Big Ten Tournament has existed for 20 years. IU has never won it and has been runner up once.
  • In the last 24 seasons (including this one), IU has won the Big Ten regular season championship 3 times.
  • In the last 24 seasons, IU has been to ONE elite-8.
  • IU has played in 7 NCAA tournaments in the past 14 seasons (including this one).
  • Illinois has a higher all time winning % than IU.
  • Michigan has been to just as many title games and only 1 fewer Final Four than IU.
  • Michigan State and Ohio State have been to more Final Fours than IU.
Thanks to the original poster ganner918 who provided these facts.
Anybody can pick a few negative facts about any program. And I'm the first one to say uk has a superior program to IU right now and these last 2 decades. But to say IU is irrelevant is dumb.
And according to the standards of the uk fan base you guys can only play 3 other teams a season, Duke, unc and Kansas.

c

I guess not . . . we've come full circle. I'm back to being unenthusiastic (see what I did there?) again. Your ""logic" has led you back here. Good luck with your martyrdom on a cause nobody cares about. Future replies will be met with a lukewarm disregard.
Oh no it's the liberal elite I mean uk fan!! Lol
Higgins must be your new Trump!

Anybody can pick a few negative facts about any program. And I'm the first one to say uk has a superior program to IU right now and these last 2 decades. But to say IU is irrelevant is dumb.
And according to the standards of the uk fan base you guys can only play 3 other teams a season, Duke, unc and Kansas.
Dumb...you like that word. A few negative facts. Really? Yet you persist on calling others dumb. Please enlighten me with the overwhelming positive facts about IU basketball that makes the program relevant to the recruits you are so concerned UK will lose by not playing IU.

You are the one asserting UK needs IU.

Sidebar: While the schedule won't be released for quite some time.. does anyone know which big programs we are playing next year?

Michigan St for Champions Classic (Going to beat the brakes of them..)
UNC?
Another 1 and 1 with Kansas?
Louisville

Living in Indiana and the vile nature of a large portion of IU fans and the hatred spewed about everything KY, I hope not. Unless you are around this everyday, you have no idea how bad it is. The continual degrading of people from KY is over the top. The only reason would be to continually kick their ass and take the best recruits from Indiana.

You got that right. I see the same thing every day living in Indy.

Dumb...you like that word. A few negative facts. Really? Yet you persist on calling others dumb. Please enlighten me with the overwhelming positive facts about IU basketball that makes the program relevant to the recruits you are so concerned UK will lose by not playing IU.

You are the one asserting UK needs IU.

Concerned uk will lose by not playing IU? Where have I mentioned uk losing recruits by not playing IU.
My point about recruits was in reference to unc and dukes rivalry, that rivalry brings recruits and keeps players. Unc and Duke have created a college atmosphere. Uk has created an nba d league instead. I know quite a few of your fans that would like some of your players to stay in college. Having what unc and Duke has would help do that.
Sorry about the dumb comment, I know it's offensive to uneducated people.

Concerned uk will lose by not playing IU? Where have I mentioned uk losing recruits by not playing IU.
My point about recruits was in reference to unc and dukes rivalry, that rivalry brings recruits and keeps players. Unc and Duke have created a college atmosphere. Uk has created an nba d league instead. I know quite a few of your fans that would like some of your players to stay in college. Having what unc and Duke has would help do that.
Sorry about the dumb comment, I know it's offensive to uneducated people.
I am an IU grad Kelly School. Something I am sure you are not. Otherwise you are devaluing my degree. Are you drunk? Go back and look at your own post to read your own idiotic comment about recruits. Hint it was at around 11:03. Keep going to the weak minded arguments you post.

I am an IU grad Kelly School. Something I am sure you are not. Otherwise you are devaluing my degree. Are you drunk? Go back and look at your own post to read your own idiotic comment about recruits. Hint it was at around 11:03. Keep going to the weak minded arguments you post.
"I am an IU grad Kelly School"
I am an IU graduate of the Kelly School of Business, that's the educated way of communicating your educational achievements.
Still don't see where I posted IU stealing or taking uk recruits due to this series starting again.

"I am an IU grad Kelly School"
I am an IU graduate of the Kelly School of Business, that's the educated way of communicating your educational achievements.
Still don't see where I posted IU stealing or taking uk recruits due to this series starting again.
I am dealing with someone a little slow I can tell. I'm sorry. You wrote: "Fact is uk needs IU to be good again...rivalry doesn't bring in recruits or keep them THAN YOUR DUMB". You see whether you are smart enough to realize it or not what you did there (besides trying to insult with your ignorant grammar) was attempt to make an analogy. You know what that is correct? You tried to infer that if UK doesn't play IU, UK will not be able to recruit at the level of other elite schools. I did notice you were intelligent enough to not put IU in this group. You see UK already has a rival in UL.

You scream look at me, IU is relevant. Of the last 17 Indiana Mr. Basketballs, only 5 have gone to IU while all but one have gone to Power 5 conferences. 9 played in the NBA with 3 still in college. IU is so relevant it cannot even recruit its own talent rich state.

Still waiting on the facts that IU is relevant.

I am dealing with someone a little slow I can tell. I'm sorry. You wrote: "Fact is uk needs IU to be good again...rivalry doesn't bring in recruits or keep them THAN YOUR DUMB". You see whether you are smart enough to realize it or not what you did there (besides trying to insult with your ignorant grammar) was attempt to make an analogy. You know what that is correct? You tried to infer that if UK doesn't play IU, UK will not be able to recruit at the level of other elite schools. I did notice you were intelligent enough to not put IU in this group. You see UK already has a rival in UL.

You scream look at me, IU is relevant. Of the last 17 Indiana Mr. Basketballs, only 5 have gone to IU while all but one have gone to Power 5 conferences. 9 played in the NBA with 3 still in college. IU is so relevant it cannot even recruit its own talent rich state.

Still waiting on the facts that IU is relevant.

Yes I said a good rivalry between uk and IU would help bring in recruits and or keep them in the same way unc and Duke does. I personally think the uk tradition and IU tradition is superior to that of unc and Duke. Yes uk has done more than there fair share of the load for being who uk is, arguably the best program in college bball. IU and uk is bigger nationally than uk and uofl.

Would beating you guys 2 of last 3 be viewed as relevant? Or beating two number one seeds in same year.
Winning two big ten ch in 4 years?

Being that you graduated with a business degree, you should be able to understand value in something, and if you can't or don't want to see the value in a good rivalry between two schools that possess 13 national championships between them and countless all Americans and NBA players. Then yes you are in fact dumb, dumb because you clearly didn't learn anything at The Kelly School of Buisness at Indiana university.

Yes I said a good rivalry between uk and IU would help bring in recruits and or keep them in the same way unc and Duke does. I personally think the uk tradition and IU tradition is superior to that of unc and Duke. Yes uk has done more than there fair share of the load for being who uk is, arguably the best program in college bball. IU and uk is bigger nationally than uk and uofl.

Would beating you guys 2 of last 3 be viewed as relevant? Or beating two number one seeds in same year.
Winning two big ten ch in 4 years?

Being that you graduated with a business degree, you should be able to understand value in something, and if you can't or don't want to see the value in a good rivalry between two schools that possess 13 national championships between them and countless all Americans and NBA players. Then yes you are in fact dumb, dumb because you clearly didn't learn anything at The Kelly School of Buisness at Indiana university.

It is obvious to any community college student that renewal of the series only benefits IU.

You will always be the underdog and a big win will help, even playing well in a loss could be good for you guys.

The deal is you haven't lived up to your end of the bargain in remaining a true blue blood. 1987 is too long.

The other issue is that your barn is not a safe environment. When the AD has to apologize for the actions of so many that is an issue.

Honestly I don't get why some teams have this holier than thou mentality about IU.

Oh we don't need them, we're fine without them. Hell, we're fine if we don't play Carolina or Duke, but it's fun.

I thought that there was some issue with the athletic director. As I understood it, Cal and Crean were somewhat of friends, even though it seemed like Crean kind acted crappy about the neutral site games.

In any event, there may be more hurdles than who the IU coach is, but I'd love to have it back. There are so many cupcake games on the non-conference schedule, I'd love to have the IU rivalry to look forward to every year.

ADVERTISEMENT