ADVERTISEMENT

The Series

If you jacklegs had ever agreed to play on a nuetral floor, it never would have been interrupted. I couldn't care less if we ever played IU again. If they do, fine. We will beat that ass like we always have.
Well the NCAA will have us playing in the sweet 16 every year once Archie has a few years to get IU good again if we don't play during the regular season.

Living in Indiana and the vile nature of a large portion of IU fans and the hatred spewed about everything KY, I hope not. Unless you are around this everyday, you have no idea how bad it is. The continual degrading of people from KY is over the top. The only reason would be to continually kick their ass and take the best recruits from Indiana.

well-never-renew.jpg

I'd rather just let the series die, other options for both teams to have fresher match ups. However, I could see it coming back soon due to Cals relationship with the Millers.

If Archie does get IU rolling, then I fully expect to see them in our bracket every year. So why bother with a regular season game? Wed just have another rematch in march.

Reactions: IUforver and blubo
I say bring it back but on a neutral court every year. Just as long as John Higgins isn't officiating the games.

They guy misspelled "forever" in his screen name. "Forver" lol.
"Series" was the word I focused on. And the op corrected it. trying to help someone's post and yet ya get negative feedback. What? How many here know how to edit the title of your thread after posting? That was my post.

Last edited:
Reactions: KYtotheCore
Agree to a neutral site and it would be wonderful. It's just not safe to go home and home. Too much hatred at the fringe level.

I hope not. Nothing in it for Kentucky. Maybe in ten or twenty years, if Indiana gets back to Significant Program status. Note I didn't say, 'elite program' status. I think that ship sailed sometime between 1987 and missing the tourney again this year.
Haha I really hope CAM ends doing as well as I think he will.

College basketball is about the college atmosphere. Play home and home, forget this neutral site nonsense. The pageantry is going into their house and leaving with a win.

Not a fan of neutral sites unless they are tournaments.

We are already playing UNC, Kansas, UCLA, Louisville and usually someone like Michigan State or Ohio State every year. There's not a lot of benefit for us. It helps Indiana though.

Do you like going to an environment where you are constantly cursed at, accused of incest etc? I live in Indiana, graduated from Indiana-Bloomington and I can tell you until they get some control and civility, UK has no business playing another game in Assembly Hall.
Haha that is so funny!!! Ok now how do I edit my screen name?

Reactions: KYtotheCore
I don't mind playing the series neutral. I also don't care if we never play IU again.

However, home and home is a no go and it's the Hooisers' fault. Your host Kentucky privileges are gone.

In the last 6 years, UK has lost road games to Tennessee, Auburn, Vandy, Florida, Alabama, Arkansas, UCLA, Notre Dame, Baylor, South Carolina, North Carolina, Kansas and Indiana.

Of those: South Carolina, Auburn, Arkansas and Indiana stormed the court. One of those programs is an alleged blueblood and is supposed to be above rushing the floor like a bottom-feeder or mid-major.

I hope not. If they do might not ever come back to Louisville, just stay down here in Miami as far away as I can get from those Hoosiers. Their fans almost as bad as UL and they suck

There's no benefit to playing IU and I would rather play another program. IU fans have been so angry about their programs demise and UK's prominence that it's caused them to behave like pieces of shit. It's gone beyond bb with IU fans as they have always thought they were better and have looked down on KY as a state in general. That something associated with this state is better than what they can produce eats them alive because it destroys their perceived superiority. I don't miss playing IU either, it hasn't been a heated rivalry since the late eighties or maybe the early nineties.

For IU it means a lot because the series had become one sided, for UK fans it doesn't mean nearly as much. I hope Cal passes on IU for another opponent but I suspect he'll make the same offer as before and Miller will accept because he needs to jumpstart that program. Crean thought he was in a position of power but he wasn't, UK is the elite program and calls the shots. IU needs UK to play a high profile team that's the show in college bb, UK doesn't need IU for anything.

Nope...UK doesn't need IU.

No benefit to playing the series. IU is a has been program with awful fans. I'd rather wear an L1C4 shirt everyday for the rest of my life than play IU again.

As a lifelong IU fan I would love the game alternating at Lucas Oil and then the Garden or another big market NBA arena. Or instead of getting creative just play it at Lucas Oil every year.

ADVERTISEMENT