ADVERTISEMENT

The fan base is about to become genuinely divided

And it shouldn’t be divided. Cal needs heat from everyone. His way isn’t working, players first has contaminated the well, we don’t have the studs to play this way or recruit this way. It’s over.

Adapt or die. That’s it. There is nothing else to talk about and it’s not an opinion. If you’re someone who fails to accept this then you’re a moron.

Pure and simple.
I've never liked the player's first mentality.....it should be Kentucky first. But I now the reality of the money. It's ruined the game.

I've seen it and admiitted what was coming. Others are about to get there. Cal is no longer the perfect fit here. The routine is getting old and a lack of a 2nd title will cost him fan leverage. It's gonna get worse this year.

So what's your recommendation for a fix? Obviously winning heals everything, but at what sacrifices? Are you wanting to fire the man that has brought UK back from the depths of the BG years or allow him to alter his way of recruiting against the new G-League options + other schools starting to go after the one and dones?

I think that it's obvious that Cal knows he's under the microscope, UK is always under the microscope and everything has to be done absolutely clean as the NCAA would love to lay the hammer on Cal and UK. Coach Kyzysouoisdfski and Duke know they are untouchable and can get away with more than we can. It's pretty simple. All I'm saying is that the FBI scandal seems to have scared some people and we aren't getting the same recruits we were getting when WWW was still around...

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
Top 2 seed? This team has played 1 good team and 1 average team. They lost to both of them. You put South Carolina or Clemson or someone like that on UK's resume, and they aren't in the discussion as a tournament team at this point.

Well the next ooc loss will drop us to a max 3-4 seed. I’m saying the ceiling is a 3 seed if we have a miraculous turn around.

I don't understand why a TO was not called with 9.5 seconds left on the clock. Our players were confused on that last play. No one knew what to do, and that was very obvious. Maybe that would have been OK to not call a TO if this was an experienced team, but this team is not experienced, and it shows.
This could be a very long year. Hopefully they will jell, but they have a long way to go.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Because he’s stubborn and doesn’t make adjustments. He’s not an X’s and O’s guy like Coach K or Nick Saban. Calipari got his one title and he’s fat and happy now. Coach K and Saban live and breathe titles, draft night is the last thing on their minds. We’re basically the Miami Hurricanes of college basketball. Flashy, tons of pros, but not a well coached dynasty like an Alabama football with Saban or Duke with Coach K.

Lol. Nice user name. Fitting, our combine results matter more than W’s and L’s anyway.

Actually I made my account during the time that’s all anyone was talking about. Had i made my account during the time period everyone was bitching and moaning, well, I may have went with the username: crybabycatfans or something that would have represented the current state of this board.

A lot of y’all forget that March is what matters. I’ll take Cal over ANYONE else we could get. Period.

Can we all agree that the shitty assistants have played a role in our decline? Justus and barbee are a damn joke. It like Marvin Lewis in Cincinnati a damn joke

I've thought this as well. We have been in decline ever since they were hired. He needs to boot them both.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
The “one and done farce” works great when you’re recruiting the best of the best. When you’re recruiting (or should I say landing) the group after that? Hell no, it doesn’t.
Well i just dont sver post over here because the last however many years anyone who points that obvious logic out got shouted down by the zealous sheep.

I dont care about todays loss. And unlike a lot of folks on here in this thread, none of this is coming out of anger.

Its a simple observation that losing games like these is more a product of our inexperienced roster. It gets old. Its all excused if we win a title at the end.

But Kentucky basketball is.and had always been about more than that.

Actually I made my account during the time that’s all anyone was talking about. Had i made my account during the time period everyone was bitching and moaning, well, I may have went with the username: crybabycatfans or something that would have represented the current state of this board.

A lot of y’all forget that March is what matters. I’ll take Cal over ANYONE else we could get. Period.

I’m a Cal fan, but he needs to get his shit together ASAP. Because what we’ve been seeing the last couple years is unacceptable. March is what matters? Fine, but we didn’t become the winningest program in the nation with that attitude. Winning in December is fun, too.

We’ll see if this team has its shit together in March. Frankly I’m getting tired of wading through a river of shit to hopefully come out clean on the other side.

Well i just dont sver post over here because the last however many years anyone who points that obvious logic out got shouted down by the zealous sheep.

I dont care about todays loss. And unlike a lot of folks on here in this thread, none of this is coming out of anger.

Its a simple observation that losing games like these is more a product of our inexperienced roster. It gets old. Its all excused if we win a title at the end.

But Kentucky basketball is.and had always been about more than that.

The lair is TEN times worse.

Dude, you are way off on this one. 29, 12, 4 and 3. In no universe is that not a great game.
I thought PJ played well. Our backcourt offense was atrocious. We just are not strong enough in the backcourt and wing, no matter what KJs lottery position is. Inability to hit 3s is just a killer in todays game.

The program is in decline. No denying it.
Let the pumpers tell it, we are about to pass UCLA...We went from being the #1 program in college basketball to losing dogfights with Seton fricking Hall, getting smoked by Bruce Webber and Clappy Crean in March and losing 3 ( about to be 4 ) in a row to Toupee Self all while crying about Duke like UL fans cried about us circa 2012

Reactions: TIE543
I’m ready for cal to move on. He’s shown he’s not going to change. He’s not going to retain players. Our sophomores are less dependable then as freshman with exception of pj. I’m sick of hearing we are young, that it’s december, players not sticking around. Time for a change bc cal won’t

Remember when he got here and kept saying Kentucky is the Gold Standard--not saying that these days. That's telling.

Reactions: UK-chulo
Cal isn't changing

He is coaching for his legacy. Seasons will be forgotten, his legacy of players first will not. This is how its going to be at UK until Cal decides otherwise.

I dont know. I need to give it more thought. But I'm not gonna let fear of an alternative keep me from calling it like I see it.
And it wont matter. Cal would have to walk away on his own and I think he is 3-4 years from that. Which will be more of the same.

This loss hurts, no doubt. I understand the frustration. But calling for Cals job is just crazy to me.

And it shouldn’t be divided. Cal needs heat from everyone. His way isn’t working, players first has contaminated the well, we don’t have the studs to play this way or recruit this way. It’s over.

Adapt or die. That’s it. There is nothing else to talk about and it’s not an opinion. If you’re someone who fails to accept this then you’re a moron.

Pure and simple.

You’re going to get ripped by some, but this is 200% Correct

No reason to be afraid that our next hire will be like Billy G.

What I think will happen, unfortunatey, is that Cal hangs around another 3-4 years. And it's rinse and repeat. His tenure will soon resemble Joe B Halls. Really solid, but in Cal's case known more for coulda/shoulda been.

UK is becoming closer to Indiana (relevant) than they are to being a National contender again.

This season will be 3 shit seasons in the last 4....

We're already a running joke to other fanbases especially after getting hammered by Duke. This game just adds to it. We've been getting destroyed by Duke, UNC, Kansas, UCLA, Florida, Tennessee..even a crappy UCLA team last year. VMI, Tennessee St., UNC Greensboro, Southern Illinois, etc....those teams are even giving us a run for our money. I even had a Kansas fan tell me "UK can't beat Kansas. UK can't even beat OUR "little brother these days"... I'm over it.

Reactions: CROCAT
I’m a Cal fan, but he needs to get his shit together ASAP. Because what we’ve been seeing the last couple years is unacceptable. March is what matters? Fine, but we didn’t become the winningest program in the nation with that attitude. Winning in December is fun, too.

We’ll see if this team has its shit together in March. Frankly I’m getting tired of wading through a river of shit to hopefully come out clean on the other side.

I understand. Believe me, I do.

Reactions: STL_Cat
An even bigger problem may be that these types of seasons make it even more difficult to recruit.

I've seen it and admiitted what was coming. Others are about to get there. Cal is no longer the perfect fit here. The routine is getting old and a lack of a 2nd title will cost him fan leverage. It's gonna get worse this year.

Just the thick headed fans in the CLOD pick crap stats like 2 champ when only coach in our history every had more than 1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT