ADVERTISEMENT

I have a very bad feeling we’re about to enter a BBN civil war.

bbncal02

All-American
Nov 14, 2017
Hopkinsville
I’ve seen a LOT of rhetoric today about no one else is qualified to coach Kentucky but Cal. And that we’re nothing without him.

I wouldn’t want any other coach leading these young men to battle that John Calipari
I can see how fans would feel that way, but Cal is made to coach at Kentucky. He handles everything off of the sidelines perfect. I can't think of another coach that could make it at Kentucky.
Well if they get rid of cal there goes all our players ftom this year that was staying and all the players that has signed already for next year

It’s a media witch hunt. Shameful. Not to mention a portion of the BBN buying into the hate. Smh.

I’ve been a part of this fan base through good times and bad. I’ve never seen it this damn hell bent on kamikazing our history. Makes me want to just stop being a fan to be honest.

This is what Cal has done. Screw him.

The upcoming internet nerd war isn’t if it’s time for Calipari to leave. It’ll be if you agree with sabotaging the program under the guise such efforts makes it more likely for him to leave. I think it’s time for a separation, but if he’s back, I’m supporting Kentucky.

I’ve seen a LOT of rhetoric today about no one else is qualified to coach Kentucky but Cal. And that we’re nothing without him.
This is national media garbage I think bbn is pretty well unified he needs to go. Cal has his people out there trying to counter the onslaught he didn’t see coming. Now Barney’s ego and paying cal for nothing to leave that is where the line may end up drawn because there are a lot of Barney lovers. They aren’t typically bb fans though.

Entering? Where have you been? We've been civil warring for about 3-4 years in here!
Yeah but results were tbh mixed. And we had some inklings of maybe this class. Now the results are plain to see and we’ve got people entrenching on both sides. It’s about to get very ugly in afraid.

I’ve been a part of this fan base through good times and bad. I’ve never seen it this damn hell bent on kamikazing our history. Makes me want to just stop being a fan to be honest.

Sadly sorta like the way our great nation is divided

Yeah but results were tbh mixed. And we had some inklings of maybe this class. Now the results are plain to see and we’ve got people entrenching on both sides. It’s about to get very ugly in afraid.
I didn't see as many "huggers" as others did before this loss, and still don't see many. Maybe on the old folks' Facebook UK pages, but those are just casual fans, mostly.

I don't think it's going to be as bad as you think. However, given how people are already arguing over their favorite candidates, I'd say there won't be a happy fanbase no matter who we end up with. Can't make everyone happy (recall that there was still a large portion of UK fans that didn't want Cal back in the day).

At this point, I don’t think most care if he could bring in the top 5 hs players and get the top 5 portal players. People are just finished with this facade he hides behind. I’d much rather just go get 10 KY boys and do the best we can. At least they’d play with heart. Under a different coach of course.

I feel like the pro Cal side is so small now it doesn’t matter. The biggest worry is apathy across the fanbase.
Dude people are gonna be back on his nuts come November. We have some true blue blooded fans but most are idiots who love them some Cal.

Unless he steps down, he's staying. Hope for the best but prepare the the norm. Hopefully the heat causes massive changes but I doubt it. Cal's ego is similar to mine. Kiss my ass I'm right. Pray for us all.

Reactions: bIhawk
For those that were I. This board during the Tubby finales was it seemingly this ugly then too?
If Calipari returns, the next year will be a lot like Tubby in 2007. Pressure and discontent could make it hard to watch. All comes down to wins and losses though. Beating Duke early in season would be huge.

I think we (UK fans) were at this same place last year. The only reason some wanted him back was the #1 recruiting class! Then after he lucked into T. Mitchell and got Big Z enrolled, expectations were through the roof. Now, after this latest embarrassment, there is no other choice - HE HAS TO GO!!!!!!!

Nah, the vast majority of people want Cal gone. It’s not even close. You may run into a couple supporters here and there but nah.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT