ADVERTISEMENT

The fan base is about to become genuinely divided

And it shouldn’t be divided. Cal needs heat from everyone. His way isn’t working, players first has contaminated the well, we don’t have the studs to play this way or recruit this way. It’s over.

Adapt or die. That’s it. There is nothing else to talk about and it’s not an opinion. If you’re someone who fails to accept this then you’re a moron.

Pure and simple.

I've seen it and admiitted what was coming. Others are about to get there. Cal is no longer the perfect fit here. The routine is getting old and a lack of a 2nd title will cost him fan leverage. It's gonna get worse this year.

Painfully I agree with you. You cannot take these losses at Kentucky. We just don’t have the horses to play the one and done game anymore.

Reactions: Jim Sauer
Can we all agree that the shitty assistants have played a role in our decline? Justus and barbee are a damn joke. It like Marvin Lewis in Cincinnati a damn joke

I’m about sick and tired of Justus being dumped on and Payne takes the pass. What the hell is this?

Payne needs to be evaluated right along with them. WCS couldn’t hit a layup until he got to the pros. Pj hasn’t improved at all.

I don't understand why a TO was not called with 9.5 seconds left on the clock. Our players were confused on that last play. No one knew what to do, and that was very obvious. Maybe that would have been OK to not call a TO if this was an experienced team, but this team is not experienced, and it shows.
This could be a very long year. Hopefully they will jell, but they have a long way to go.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

I’m growing weary of it. It’s one thing if you reload with elites every year but when you struggle and then players transfer and go pro anyway it gets real old. Looking like another subpar year. It’s going to get real bad when we lose to U6.

IMO it's been going on since 2015. Calipari always won with superior talent and firepower. With normal high-level talent, he is just not getting it done. Yeah he will win 75% of his games, and probably get us to a sweet 16 again. But every game is a struggle. Win or lose this game, would not change my opinion. I'm tired of getting all this one and done talent, that really isn't.

Been watching UK since FF in 1975. Probably only missed a handful of games since then. Big UK fan. Live and breathe UK. But what scares me, is I don't really care much any more.

Cal needs to put his all or move on for someone who will. Terrible job today. Probably prevents any shred of hope for a top two seed

Top 2 seed? This team has played 1 good team and 1 average team. They lost to both of them. You put South Carolina or Clemson or someone like that on UK's resume, and they aren't in the discussion as a tournament team at this point.

Florida UT Auburn LSU Vandy Miss St Louisville Kansas UNC all better. May be calling
Yep, I posted a couple of weeks ago that we'd lose to UL and got ridiculed for it. I don't see how we come close to them this year.

Over the next few weeks we will start to see cracks in Cal's tone. As fan disdain grows l, he will become more defensive and stubborn. Its gonna get ugly, I predict.

That’s the problem with Cal. He won’t adapt. He will double down and grow angry over it. That’s who he is.

And I hate that because he can’t see it, but that’s what will keep him from a great legacy. He will remain on The Izzo/Beiheim line and never move up I’m afraid.

Reactions: KFuqua and dckala2
I’m about sick and tired of Justus being dumped on and Payne takes the pass. What the hell is this?

Payne needs to be evaluated right along with them. WCS couldn’t hit a layup until he got to the pros. Pj hasn’t improved at all.
Oh I couldn’t agree more Payne deserves to be credited with some of the blame. It’s tough to shoulder since he was here when we won a title. That said, our big men haven’t been completely stellar either. Which start with recruiting. I would disagree that pj hasn’t gotten better. Exhibit a would be his fts. He missed the big one today but hit 12/13

I've seen it and admiitted what was coming. Others are about to get there. Cal is no longer the perfect fit here. The routine is getting old and a lack of a 2nd title will cost him fan leverage. It's gonna get worse this year.
SA D

ADVERTISEMENT