ADVERTISEMENT

That’s what happens when you don’t start reed and dilly

Well, when someone actually posts with logic and common sense, I show respect to that.

You've been doing the same trash posting all season. You decided you didn't like DJ before he played a minute. Every time he has a down game, you're quick to talk. When he has a good game, you have some stupid reason it wasn't actually a good game.

You seem to have a hard on for Reed. When Reed has a good game, he's the franchise. Calipari is a blind fool for not starting him and giving him 40 minutes a night, right? But when he has a bad game "Well, Cal isn't getting Reed enough shots." You ignore posts pointing out that Reed turns down wide open shots.

Stop posting garbage, and I'll like your posts too.
Being serious here- do you realize that DJ now has now the worst offensive rating on the team according to Kenpom?

Being serious here- do you realize that DJ is now has the worst offensive rating in the team according to Kenpom?
Being serious here- do you realize that DJ is now has the worst offensive rating in the team according to Kenpom?
You've posted it like 3 times. So, sure. I'm not going to bother arguing it or looking it up.

I don't think that means DJ is a bad player or the worst player on the team. He gets to the basket better than anyone else on the tea. He's got some areas that need to be cleaned up.

But you guys acting like "Oh, I found this one metric that says he's bad." Cool. Sell your narrative. I can watch basketball with my own 2 eyes and tell you the kid isn't a bad player.

You guys go awful quiet when Reed has a 3 point game or 4 point game. But you pounce like lions when DJ has a down game. But, I'm sure there's no agenda.

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps
You've posted it like 3 times. So, sure. I'm not going to bother arguing it or looking it up.

I don't think that means DJ is a bad player or the worst player on the team. He gets to the basket better than anyone else on the tea. He's got some areas that need to be cleaned up.

But you guys acting like "Oh, I found this one metric that says he's bad." Cool. Sell your narrative. I can watch basketball with my own 2 eyes and tell you the kid isn't a bad player.

You guys go awful quiet when Reed has a 3 point game or 4 point game. But you pounce like lions when DJ has a down game. But, I'm sure there's no agenda.
Assist totals for the year:

Reed: 67
Dillingham: 65
Mitchell: 54
DJ: 51

So the guy with the scorer's mentality has fourteen more assists on the year than the starting point guard.

But yeah, it's an "agenda." LOL

why not start giving Burks more of Edwards minutes to speed his development for next season?

Because we're playing for this season. Thiero is coming back, so he'll take Edwards's minutes if he doesn't come around. Regardless, he's going to continue to get opportunities, as well he should. But his minutes will be limited based on performance.

Maybe it'll click for him at some point. If he tried to mimic Adou a bit more on defense and effort plays, I think the rest would fall into place, but who knows?

Well, when someone actually posts with logic and common sense, I show respect to that.

You've been doing the same trash posting all season. You decided you didn't like DJ before he played a minute. Every time he has a down game, you're quick to talk. When he has a good game, you have some stupid reason it wasn't actually a good game.

You seem to have a hard on for Reed. When Reed has a good game, he's the franchise. Calipari is a blind fool for not starting him and giving him 40 minutes a night, right? But when he has a bad game "Well, Cal isn't getting Reed enough shots." You ignore posts pointing out that Reed turns down wide open shots.

Stop posting garbage, and I'll like your posts too.
I’d prefer that you don’t like my posts. Your likes go to the worst posters on RR.

Reed and Dilly are lottery picks - they’re better players than DJ is now, and will be better players in the league. DJ, along with Justin, continue to start because Cal decided before anyone played a minute that that’s how it would be.

You’re a trash poster. You and your circle of Cal worshippers are exhausting. Farewell.

Wagner is playing very good. Gets to the rim at will and his 3 pt shooting has improved. Dumb comment. Edward's I agree on. . Doesn't seem to excel in anything
7 points. 2 assists. 2 turnovers. A couple good drives and a late shot clock three that goes in (he missed 3/4 btw) does not equate to “playing good.” He is still very inconsistent and is not better than Dilly or Reed at that position.

Kenpom Offensive efficiency numbers-

Tonight- Reed 167 to DJ 81
Texas a&m. Reed was 135 to DJ’s 108,
Missouri- 125 to 117
Florida 143-132
Illinois St- 145 to 45
Louisville 147 to 45.

Shoukd I keep going? Take the Wagner and stars off his name and he has not been playing great.

Because we're playing for this season. Thiero is coming back, so he'll take Edwards's minutes if he doesn't come around. Regardless, he's going to continue to get opportunities, as well he should. But his minutes will be limited based on performance.

Maybe it'll click for him at some point. If he tried to mimic Adou a bit more on defense and effort plays, I think the rest would fall into place, but who knows?
I agree that UK should do what's best for this season. You think Edwards gives UK more productivity currently than Burks would, and I can't say that I could disagree with that. My hypothesis was what if the impact of Edwards and Burks was roughly equal and one of those guys would be returning next season. Just thinking out loud, really.

Missouri- 125 to 117
Florida 143-132
Illinois St- 145 to 45
Louisville 147 to 45.

Shoukd I keep going?
This is another one of those times where it’s good to remind everyone who is engaging with CCC’s nut huggers that the only reason they’re sticking up for Wagner and Edwards is because Cal continues to start them.

In their eyes, you are simply not allowed to question or critique anything that he is doing. They don’t really care about whether DJ and/or Edwards starting is better for this team - they’re just here because Cal is implicitly being attacked.

Missouri- 125 to 117
Florida 143-132
Illinois St- 145 to 45
Louisville 147 to 45.

Shoukd I keep going? Take the Wagner and stars off his name and he has not been playing great.
Again, I get it. You found the number that supports your narrative.

Last 4 games before tonight:
18 points on 7/15 shooting
16 points on 5/8 shooting
14 points on 6/10 shooting
14 points on 6/10 shooting.

Take DJ's name off of it, and the stars, and you'd say those were good games.

But you don't like DJ. So, 15 points on 56% shooting over the last 4 games is suddenly "bad"

This is another one of those times where it’s good to remind everyone who is engaging with CCC’s nut huggers that the only reason they’re sticking up for Wagner and Edwards is because Cal continues to start them.

In their eyes, you are simply not allowed to question or critique anything that he is doing. They don’t really care about whether DJ and/or Edwards starting is better for this team - they’re just here because Cal is implicitly being attacked.
Why are you still bagging on DJ? You can’t watch the games and surmise that he’s one of our best players? Do you honestly believe DJ doesn’t deserve to start?

But you don't like DJ. So, 15 points on 56% shooting over the last 4 games is suddenly "bad"
Right

• Haha
Reactions: UKortho
7 points. 2 assists. 2 turnovers. A couple good drives and a late shot clock three that goes in (he missed 3/4 btw) does not equate to “playing good.” He is still very inconsistent and is not better than Dilly or Reed at that position.
You’re proving a point that I’ve made several times. You’ve just decided that DJ is Cal’s proxy for some reason. You hate cal, therefore you think DJ is shit. Either that or you don’t know basketball

As soon as Cal moves Edwards out of the starting lineup (it’s going to have to happen, it’s inevitable) I’m sure you guys that think Cal is doing the right thing by starting him right now will jump on board with moving him out of the starting lineup.

Essentially for some of you there’s not a decision that Cal makes that’s wrong. That’s what this boils down to. It’s fine, just say that.

Just going by the stats. Kenpom uses more than just Fg% True shooting %, possession usage, etc. 100 is avg. DJ is 106 for the season. Dead last on the team.

As soon as Cal moves Edwards out of the starting lineup (it’s going to have to happen, it’s inevitable) I’m sure you guys that think Cal is doing the right thing by starting him right now will jump on board with moving him out of the starting lineup.

Essentially for some of you there’s not a decision that Cal makes that’s wrong. That’s what this boils down to. It’s fine, just say that.
That's not true. For me anyways.

I was calling for Cal's job the last 2 seasons. I was ready to move on. I didn't even want to wait to see how this supposedly spectacular recruiting class turned out.

I think Cal has changed a lot of the things that were hurting the program. I give him credit for that. We're winning games. It's easier for me to give him some leeway with things that aren't "perfect."

It's made sense to me to give Edwards some leash and time. I think the upside is real. He just hasn't found it. But I think we're at a cross roads with it. We're 4 games deep into conference play. He hasn't figured out how to produce. I thought if nothing else, he would rebound and play solid defense. But that hasn't been him. It has been Thiero.

So I think it's time to either start Adou (if he ever returns) or start one of Reed/Rob and go with a 3 guard lineup. I think Cal really likes having the 2 guards off the bench, so hopefully Adou comes back.

Just going by the stats. Kenpom uses more than just Fg% True shooting %, possession usage, etc. 100 is avg. DJ is 106 for the season. Dead last on the team.
Cool man.

You seem to have decided that the Kenpom efficiency ranking is the best way to evaluate if someone is a good player. I don't subscribe to that theory. Agree to disagree I Guess.

Reactions: UKortho
Hey now. I like your posts. You don’t agree with Kenpom?
I haven’t looked into it enough but in my eyes DJ has played pretty good this season. I do agree with you on him having a rough game tonight .

I don’t have a problem with anyone wanting Reed and/or Rob to start because they both have definitely earned it but I do think DJ has been a key piece for us this year too .

I haven’t looked into it enough but in my eyes DJ has played pretty good this season. I do agree with you on him having a rough game tonight .

I don’t have a problem with anyone wanting Reed and/or Rob to start because they both have definitely earned it but I do think DJ has been a key piece for us this year too .
Also fair.

I don't think he will ever be good enough. He doesn't even show a little potential to give one hope that he could possibly get a lot better. Cal said that Kentucky isn't for everybody and Edwards is a classic example of that statement.
It’s still pretty early in the year. We are just barely into. The division schedule. Other players have taken longer to “get it.” Some of them get it right before tournament time. I agree with you that some never get it. I just think it’s too early to say that Edwards will never get it.

It’s still pretty early in the year. We are just barely into. The division schedule. Other players have taken longer to “get it.” Some of them get it right before tournament time. I agree with you that some never get it. I just think it’s too early to say that Edwards will never get it.
Not sure about “early.” We’re halfway through the season.

Wagner is playing very good. Gets to the rim at will and his 3 pt shooting has improved. Dumb comment. Edward's I agree on. . Doesn't seem to excel in anything
Gets to rim at will? Please man. He is our 4th best guard behind Reeves reed and Rob that doesn’t mean he isn’t a good player it just means he’s not a starter when compared with Rob and reed

The slow starts are nothing new.

Cal’s teams have struggle to get started throughout the years.

So while Edwards starting is not helping the situation, it’s not all his fault.

Cal teams are just usually slow starters. Or at least that has been the case the last several years it seems.

Reactions: Cats192

Just being objective with DJ. The ball sticks when he is in the game. He rarely advances it with a pass down the court. Tonight he did do it once that I remember. He does not create offense for his teammates. And he is not good on defense at all. Now I do think come tournament time he may save our butts in a game with him putting his head down and driving into the lane.

He is not a bad player, but his game is immature right now. He may be pressing and trying to get his because that is how he has always played and no doubt it has to sting hearing all the praise your two teammates that are coming off the bench are getting.

He’s already shown some improvement in his three point shooting. Next step would be to commit to staying in front of his man on the defensive end. Tonight he lost the ball and trotted back down the floor being the last to get on defense. No excuse for a guard to run at half speed back down the floor on defense.

My opinion on DJ, at this point, is that you only ride him when he has a matchup advantage and is taking his man off the dribble and finishing the play. Listening to the announcers tonight, you'd think DJ played better than anyone. The reality is, he was one of the more inefficient players for us.

DJ, as those same announcers noted, allows the highest opponent FG% on our team. So, to warrant 25-30 minutes on any given night, he really needs to be attacking and finishing. And he needs to not take more than two 3-pointers in game (he's down to 31.1% - Thiero territory).

Reactions: UK-chulo
Gets to rim at will? Please man. He is our 4th best guard behind Reeves reed and Rob that doesn’t mean he isn’t a good player it just means he’s not a starter when compared with Rob and reed
Again, these dudes are ultimately just defending Cal starting DJ (and Justin).

If you show them how Reed and Dilly are lottery picks on most mock drafts, while Wagner is either late first round or second - they dismiss that. If you show them actual statistics, efficiency ratings, how DJ is the worst defender on the team in terms of opponents' FG% - they dismiss that too. I've had to ignore three more poster tonight (who may all be the same person?) because it's just futile discussing these things with them.

You're right (as you were about Wheeler - with these same dudes taking up for him then) - DJ is the 4th best guard on this team. And if his 3FG% drops below 30 - and it likely will soon - I'm not sure which NBA team wants to use a first or second-round pick on him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT