ADVERTISEMENT

That’s what happens when you don’t start reed and dilly

Edwards is starting, but his minutes have been cut out of necessity. He isn't good enough at this point in his development and he holds the team back somewhat. So, I would think the team would benefit from Sheppard (or Thiero or Dillingham) starting instead. Still, Sheppard and Dillingham do seem to give the team a charge coming in together after 4 minutes.

One of them has to start . You really only need one spark off of the bench
I don't understand why they seem to have to be a package deal. It isn't like there's some magical Globetrotter chemistry between just them. They're both good enough to play well with anyone out there. Yes, it is effective, no doubt. But who knows what other lineups might look like.

Edwards is starting, but his minutes have been cut out of necessity. He isn't good enough at this point in his development and he holds the team back somewhat. So, I would think the team would benefit from Sheppard (or Thiero or Dillingham) starting instead. Still, Sheppard and Dillingham do seem to give the team a charge coming in together after 4 minutes.
I don't think he will ever be good enough. He doesn't even show a little potential to give one hope that he could possibly get a lot better. Cal said that Kentucky isn't for everybody and Edwards is a classic example of that statement.

I don't understand why they seem to have to be a package deal. It isn't like there's some magical Globetrotter chemistry between just them. They're both good enough to play well with anyone out there. Yes, it is effective, no doubt. But who knows what other lineups might look like.
The package deal is they are an offensive 1-2 punch. And honestly it isn’t just the 1-2 it’s the 1-2-3 punch with Reeves. You start games with that group and your starting up 6 or 10 instead down 8.

The package deal is they are an offensive 1-2 punch. And honestly it isn’t just the 1-2 it’s the 1-2-3 punch with Reeves. You start games with that group and your starting up 6 or 10 instead down 8.
Possibly. My point is, I'm not seeing why they absolutely have to be both or none. Pretty sure they would be who they are even if the other one was taking a breather.

Possibly. My point is, I'm not seeing why they absolutely have to be both or none. Pretty sure they would be who they are even if the other one was taking a breather.
One is better than none but you have reed shooting 54% from three for the year. Rob 42, reeves 42. It’s looney toones not to get those guys going right away. But to your point yeah I’d rather have reed with Wagner than edwards. Edwards is soft. And isn’t reliable in any sense right now.

Cause he does, we’re winning and get better mojo when they come off the bench. They all play better that way. That’s wtf
Explain to me one reason why Justin Edwards should be starting on this team. Just one. Please.

It’s outrageous at this point, I think it’s going to be interesting to see what happens on Saturday. Cal might finally pull the trigger on a move.

Explain to me one reason why Justin Edwards should be starting on this team. Just one. Please.

It’s outrageous at this point, I think it’s going to be interesting to see what happens on Saturday. Cal might finally pull the trigger on a move.
Because Edwards can be a first rounder, he’s lacking confidence. He’ll get it together. Even Coach O talked about how it was coming.

• Haha
Reactions: KFuqua
DJ is fine. He’s proven he’s a good player. I don’t know why he keeps getting brought into this.

Edwards is STRUGGLING. At some point, Cal is gonna have to hit him with the “I can’t play you.”
Do you know that he has the worst offensive efficiency number on the team according to Kenpom. Yes, worse than Edwards. If you don’t believe me I’ll post the numbers.

Right there to start the second half. To start the game we play from behind. It’s insanity!!!! Edwards isn’t gonna get it going. Wagner is limited offensively. They need to come off the bench!
Do you even want watch Wagner play? He has been a steady hand and our best driver for some time now.

• Haha
Reactions: KFuqua and Graham51

I agree with you on this and you can bring Bradshaw and Edwards off the bench. Bradshaw is a big disappointment.

• Haha
Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
He should be starting because he can be a first rounder? I mean … what?

He does ZERO things at an NBA level currently. Zero.
Of course he’s not playing like it now, but he has it in him. It’s Cal and the coaches job to get it out of him. So yes he has first round talent he’s just slow to adjust to the college game, it’ll come.

• Haha
Not crazy at all. Simple really. Cal knows more than you and me. He’s the one at the practices and with the team. He’ll start who needs to start when they need to start. Simple
Oh there it is, Cal knows more than us 😂

He knows what we know and he proved it by jerking Edwards early in the 2nd half and not putting him back in until garbage time. Our best lineup doesn’t include him. We can’t win against good teams with him playing significant minutes.

Oh there it is, Cal knows more than us 😂

He knows what we know and he proved it by jerking Edwards early in the 2nd half and not putting him back in until garbage time. Our best lineup doesn’t include him. We can’t win against good teams with him playing significant minutes.
I know, we didn’t beat UNC crap, Cal should have started someone else hahahaha

I don't think he will ever be good enough. He doesn't even show a little potential to give one hope that he could possibly get a lot better. Cal said that Kentucky isn't for everybody and Edwards is a classic example of that statement.
Edwards was top ranked coming out of high school based on potential. Maybe they were wrong even about how much future potential he had, and he is what he is. But I doubt that’s true. I still think he has plenty of potential. But the season is half over, and UK needs production now. Potential in regard to a guy that isn’t going to be at UK next season isn’t worth nearly as much at this point. And I’m starting to question whether he would even reach enough of that potential before his junior year (although he might). Still, I would love for UK to have him for 3 years. The consensus around here, however, is that Edwards is gone after this season regardless. So, what about this thought:

If Edwards is your 9th guy – which at this point that’s what he seems to be if Thiero comes back soon and healthy – and Edwards is in fact not coming back next season regardless, why not start giving Burks more of Edwards minutes to speed his development for next season? Maybe it’s time to start focusing on Thiero and Burks for both what they can provide now as opposed to Edwards, and also because they are expected to be at UK and playing big roles next season.

Because, you “can’t take his heart “.

DJ is fine. He’s proven he’s a good player. I don’t know why he keeps getting brought into this.

Edwards is STRUGGLING. At some point, Cal is gonna have to hit him with the “I can’t play you.”
I'm kind of with LmdCat at this point. I think it's more likely that Edwards is just not good enough "yet" (although I guess LMdCat would say "ever") than he is simply struggling. But whatever the reason, I believe that Edwards' minutes need to start being those born out of necessity rather than expecting him to be a good option.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT