ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Coach Cal

How much did you give? By giving money and publicizing it, he encourages others to give. It is easy to criticize, but hard to act. I don't know you, but from this post I can tell I wouldn't like you if I met you. Whenever someone yanks out the Bible on me, I think they are buttholes.
It's none of your business how much I give to what. You're a phony internet name. I owe you no explanation about anything. I care nothing of your opinion.

Reactions: natchezrule
Where did Cal brag about it? I think it was reported by the media. I haven't seen anything from Cal saying I gave this money.

Reactions: cdbearde
The only person I want to know that I am giving is my son, because I want him to see me be charitable so he will be charitable. I don’t want anyone else to know because I do it out of love and do it because God commands me to. It’s His charity not mine. I don’t want the praise of man.

When did this happen?
Like 3 years ago. Can’t remember exact dates. I have no reason to lie it happened 100%. I didn’t even know about it until after it happened. My buddy loves Cal. Honestly I don’t care if anyone believes me I absolutely know the truth.

It's none of your business how much I give to what. You're a phony internet name. I owe you no explanation about anything. I care nothing of your opinion.
Fair enough. But, I'm going to bed tonight knowing that you are a fraud. You bitch and complain about the way others act, including kids playing a game, but you act no better. If you are going to complain about someone that gave away more money than you make in a year to charity, then you have issues. You are just a clown that wants to argue with your buddies about how good UK basketball is. We all have lives, and your's seems like it needs something.

Fair enough. But, I'm going to bed tonight knowing that you are a fraud. You bitch and complain about the way others act, including kids playing a game, but you act no better. If you are going to complain about someone that gave away more money than you make in a year to charity, then you have issues. You are just a clown that wants to argue with your buddies about how good UK basketball is. We all have lives, and your's seems like it needs something.
I didn't complain about him giving money to charity. Him BRAGGING about it is the issue. Too bad you're too stupid to understand the difference.

None of your business how much I gave, but I didn't criticize anyone for giving. You are not a nice person. I hope Mike Pratt reads this blog. He will not like you.
You know nothing about me. You have no idea what family members I've had who have had cancer, nor what money I gave to help them. My sister died of glioblastoma at 31 and my brother lost a kidney to cancer at 25. So you can f*** right off, thinking you know anything about someone else. Your virtue signaling is pathetic and childish, thinking you can internet bully someone into feeling guilty for speaking their mind honestly. You come off like the tattletale in school. "YOU JUST WAIT TILL I TELL MIKE! HE'S GONNA BE MAAAAAAD!" Little child.

• Wow
Reactions: cdbearde
Not too bright, are ya. Never heard of 'humblebragging,' evidently. Not my job to educate you slower types.
Lets do a quick excerise and assume the fundraiser gets to $20000 (which is probably too generous) if Cal doesnt put this out
Amount likely raised without Cal making this public- $20,000
Amount likely to be raised with Cal making this public- $50,000+ Cals match of $50,000= $100,000
Now tell me which option would you choose?

Sorry, I was always taught to do this kind of thing behind the scenes and not to do it to look good. Do it in secret. Let God have the glory.

I guess I am somewhat cynical when it comes to rich people broadcasting how great they are when they are giving their spare change out.
Here is where you give the man the benefit of the doubt. I feel the same way don’t brag or publicize your generosity. What I will say for cal is that he may be giving a lot more than we know possibly though he is using this as a means to motivate the public. Idk. I’m not gonna make a judgement about cal bc Im sure he’s doing far more for pratt.

You know nothing about me. You have no idea what family members I've had who have had cancer, nor what money I gave to help them. My sister died of glioblastoma at 31 and my brother lost a kidney to cancer at 25. So you can f*** right off, thinking you know anything about someone else. Your virtue signaling is pathetic and childish, thinking you can internet bully someone into feeling guilty for speaking their mind honestly. You come off like the tattletale in school. "YOU JUST WAIT TILL I TELL MIKE! HE'S GONNA BE MAAAAAAD!" Little child.
I'm sorry about your family members, but don't you realize that you just did the same thing to Cal that you are mad about? The guy gave $50,000 of his money away, for free, and you criticized him. You are right, the only thing I know about you is that you criticized a guy for giving money away. I'm 85 years old, far from childish, and don't like people that complain about other people doing good because they are too lazy or selfish to do it themselves.

I usually agree with you but I think you miss the point here. Cal is challenging people to give money to save Mike Pratts life. I don't like the way Cal coaches out team but by same token I can applaud what I see as a humanitarian gesture.
I never said a word in that post about how Cal coaches the team. Straw man fail.

I'm sorry about your family members, but don't you realize that you just did the same thing to Cal that you are mad about? The guy gave $50,000 of his money away, for free, and you criticized him. You are right, the only thing I know about you is that you criticized a guy for giving money away. I'm 85 years old, far from childish, and don't like people that complain about other people doing good because they are too lazy or selfish to do it themselves.
Again you MISCHARACTERIZE what I said. YOU are the fraud. You've continued to LIE about what I said. I never criticized Cal for giving money away. You don't have an honest bone in your body.

Glad to see someone else feels the same way I do about it.

And it’s not just Cal. There are plenty of other rich guys who broadcast how much they give to this or to that, just to look good.
Both of you are pathetic in the way you constantly attack Cal especially when it is grossly uncalled for. He went public to challenge others to raise 50,000 that he would match. Bucs, you come across self righteous. Your original post was to minimize what he gave period.

The only person I want to know that I am giving is my son, because I want him to see me be charitable so he will be charitable. I don’t want anyone else to know because I do it out of love and do it because God commands me to. It’s His charity not mine. I don’t want the praise of man.
God also tells us not to judge and that no one is righteous.

Again you MISCHARACTERIZE what I said. YOU are the fraud. You've continued to LIE about what I said. I never criticized Cal for giving money away. You don't have an honest bone in your body.
Cal: Look at me, look how much money I gave to Mike!

You don't consider this comment as criticism of the way Cal gave money away? And then to yank out scripture? Come on man, be better. I think everyone can agree that it is good to give money to any cause. Any criticism of someone giving $50K of their own money away is BS. And you are going to talk about how much he has, but it is all his. He owes nothing to anyone. The fact that he is giving anything away is generous.

The one thing no one can say about Cal is that when it comes to being a good person and doing what he can to help others, he always goes above and beyond. This is just the latest example of that. Good on you, coach!
Cal could be Mother Theresa if he wants, but if we go another season with 0 NCAA Tournament wins I'll be picketing outside his ****ing house.

Prayers for Mike Pratt and I'm glad with Cal's generosity that it seems his fundraising goals will likely be met, but Cal is still head coach, he's not yet in his ambassador good guy role, this gracious deed has little to do with his job performance.

Reactions: dl51344
Both of you are pathetic in the way you constantly attack Cal especially when it is grossly uncalled for. He went public to challenge others to raise 50,000 that he would match. Bucs, you come across self righteous. Your original post was to minimize what he gave period.

So it’s okay to judge me and call me self-righteous, but I can’t question Cal’s motivation? That seems fair.

Also, I have been called a Cal hater and a Cal slurper. I wish you guys would get together and come to a consensus about which side I am on. LOL!

Cal could have sent out a tweet asking the fan base to support Mike. He could have then gave a private donation. I do feel, at times, Cal uses his twitter to show his good deeds. Perhaps he does donate privately also. Guess I do feel he publicizes his positive traits while minimizing his problem areas. He never misses a chance to post a pic with a former player in the NBA, visiting a sick person, etc.

So in summary, Cal is generous. He did this to motivate others to give.

That’s honorable.

I am good with that. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Reactions: Kybluedude

So he was at an nba game. The state of the UK program, and the trajectory, is troubling. Don’t give AF that he has time to go to Miami, get in the spotlight, and broadcast. Do it quietly if you have the free time.

Reactions: LowCountryCat
Cal could have sent out a tweet asking the fan base to support Mike. He could have then gave a private donation. I do feel, at times, Cal uses his twitter to show his good deeds. Perhaps he does donate privately also. Guess I do feel he publicizes his positive traits while minimizing his problem areas. He never misses a chance to post a pic with a former player in the NBA, visiting a sick person, etc.

I feel the same way, but it’s best to keep any criticism of Cal to yourself around here.

Reactions: UKortho
Cal: Look at me, look how much money I gave to Mike!

If Cal was truly honorable and generous, and wanted Mike to get $100k, he would have donated that amount without saying a word. But of course he HUMBLE BRAGS about how much he gave. Cal is like the guy who complains LOUDLY about how much tax he had to pay the IRS this year.

Go ahead and raise money for the guy, that's great, but keep your own donation private. Otherwise it's all about YOU.

Luke 20: 45 Then, in the hearing of all the people, He [Jesus] said to His disciples, 46 “Beware of the scribes, who desire to go around in long robes, love greetings in the marketplaces, the best seats in the synagogues, and the best places at feasts, 47 who devour widows’ houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. These will receive greater condemnation.”

Luke 21:1 And He looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the treasury, 2 and He saw also a certain poor widow putting in two mites.[i] 3 So He said, “Truly I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all; 4 for all these out of their abundance have put in offerings [j]for God, but she out of her poverty put in all the livelihood that she had.”

Matt.7​

[1] Judge not, that ye be not judged.
[2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
[3] And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
[4] Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
[5] Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Reactions: bucsrule8872
So it’s okay to judge me and call me self-righteous, but I can’t question Cal’s motivation? That seems fair.

Also, I have been called a Cal hater and a Cal slurper. I wish you guys would get together and come to a consensus about which side I am on. LOL!
I call you pragmatist and that’s usually what it means when two sides are ripping you

Man, try and keep up, you look stupid right now.

You know that was posted to drive donations right? Almost every charity and philanthropist does that to encourage giving.

It’s a “Hey if you give this much p, so will I” kinda thing.

I know we’re all pissed at Cal on the court but this thread has some awful takes.

Is everything he does suspect to you? Look, I’m tire of his half assed performance to, but I’m willing to let something’s go at face value. Trust me when I say, seeing everything as a conspiracy and having an ulterior motive doesn’t make you wise. It makes you paranoid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT