ADVERTISEMENT

Before you bash the guy.

NoDef

Senior
Sep 1, 2001
This is what I saw on Facebook from a mother that tragically lost a young child. Regardless of what you think our basketball team was doing, Cal was a caring individual and did a lot for our state. Sometimes you just need to be a nice human being.

John Calipari was one of the first people to reach out to Adam and me following Eli’s accident. We have no connection to him and even wondered how he got Adam’s phone number. He didn’t just call once. At Adam’s request, Cal called Adam’s special care brother to talk basketball. He texted periodically for months to remind us he was remembering and praying for our family. He sent us a kind package in the mail. He didn’t have to do anything, but he did. He did this in the quiet, remembering Eli, because he wanted to.

I have been disappointed by the Cal hate posts, awful memes, and good riddance rants. I wish UK basketball was my biggest problem. This is a human being. I can’t imagine seeing terrible things written about my dad, husband, brother, or son. Treat others with dignity and respect just as you would want others to give you grace and mercy. You can want a person to move on, but you don’t have to be an absolutely awful person to make your case.

Thank you, John Calipari. I wish you all the best.

This is what I saw on Facebook from a mother that tragically lost a young child. Regardless of what you think our basketball team was doing, Cal was a caring individual and did a lot for our state. Sometimes you just need to be a nice human being.

John Calipari was one of the first people to reach out to Adam and me following Eli’s accident. We have no connection to him and even wondered how he got Adam’s phone number. He didn’t just call once. At Adam’s request, Cal called Adam’s special care brother to talk basketball. He texted periodically for months to remind us he was remembering and praying for our family. He sent us a kind package in the mail. He didn’t have to do anything, but he did. He did this in the quiet, remembering Eli, because he wanted to.

I have been disappointed by the Cal hate posts, awful memes, and good riddance rants. I wish UK basketball was my biggest problem. This is a human being. I can’t imagine seeing terrible things written about my dad, husband, brother, or son. Treat others with dignity and respect just as you would want others to give you grace and mercy. You can want a person to move on, but you don’t have to be an absolutely awful person to make your case.

Thank you, John Calipari. I wish you all the best.
John isn’t a member here. Perhaps reach out to the Arkansas Athletic department. The place he negotiated a deal behind our back. A week after being on TV talking about being our coach.

Nothing wrong with loving Cal. There sure isn’t anything wrong with being tired of him either.

Well Done Applause GIF by The Voice

John isn’t a member here. Perhaps reach out to the Arkansas Athletic department. The place he negotiated a deal behind our back. A week after being on TV talking about being our coach.

Nothing wrong with loving Cal. There sure isn’t anything wrong with being tired of him either.

I have nothing personal against Cal. Other than he’s the biggest liar in the history of mankind, he is a decent guy. It purely basketball related. I have no ill will now that he’s gone.

stories like this are not exclusive to cal. Goes on with just about every coach at a university, especially high profile coaches. Certainly understand the families stance though. Prayers to them for their tragic loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT