ADVERTISEMENT

Texas KU

Bamba is a beast lol
matthew_pilgrim3.jpg

Matt Pilgrim disagrees. [winking]

We'll have De Sousa and Preston soon... won't be so dependent on the three then.
You're a complete joke for thinking you'll have Preston. And desousa I'll bet the house on not being a difference maker in anyway shape or form. Diallo came half a year early and was a million times more talented than desousa and he wasn't ready. And if anyone thinks Preston is playing over something that at first he was missing games for what was it being late to class or something silly. Then that quickly turned into a car accident being investigated that never actually happened. If you think Preston is playing you're as delusional as it gets. Read between the lines He was paid to go to KU, he's ineligible. He's a part of the fbi investigation no doubt. Story over. You can forget about Preston. Goodluck with desousa tho lmao.

Reactions: Double Oaked Juice
You're a complete joke for thinking you'll have Preston. And desousa I'll bet the house on not being a difference maker in anyway shape or form. Diallo came half a year early and was a million times more talented than desousa and he wasn't ready. And if anyone thinks Preston is playing over something that at first he was missing games for what was it being late to class or something silly. Then that quickly turned into a car accident being investigated that never actually happened. If you think Preston is playing you're as delusional as it gets. Read between the lines He was paid to go to KU, he's ineligible. He's a part of the fbi investigation no doubt. Story over. You can forget about Preston. Goodluck with desousa tho lmao.

Why are you unhinged?

No one paid Preston to attend KU and KU is not being investigated by the FBI. Someone may have paid for that car, but the NCAA has relaxed it's penalties on these type of infractions (google it) and depending on the amount, will determine the penalty (loss of games).

De Sousa is a 5* big. If all he does is rebound and defends, he's contributed.

Also, no clue on what you are talking about with Diallo. He came in last year and did not play, because that was the plan all along. He's one of your best players this year, not the bust your post says he is.

Why are you unhinged?

No one paid Preston to attend KU and KU is not being investigated by the FBI. Someone may have paid for that car, but the NCAA has relaxed it's penalties on these type of infractions (google it) and depending on the amount, will determine the penalty (loss of games).

De Sousa is a 5* big. If all he does is rebound and defends, he's contributed.

Also, no clue on what you are talking about with Diallo. He came in last year and did not play, because that was the plan all along. He's one of your best players this year, not the bust your post says he is.

i believe he's talking about the Diallo that played for and was a complete bust at Kansas.

I LOL every year at fans and announcers claiming the Big12 as some elite conference. KU winning it for however many years in a row proves it is fools gold.

In any other decent conference, KU has half as many, perhaps fewer conference championships during that time. If they were in the SEC, I bet they rarely win it.

No it would just mean that a conference is more BALANCED if multiple teams won it. It doesn't speak for the strength or weakness of a conference as a whole.

No it would just mean that a conference is more BALANCED if multiple teams won it. It doesn't speak for the strength or weakness of a conference as a whole.

yet if UK was going for it’s 14th straight conference title this year BBN would be touting it as the greatest feat in college basketball. it doesn’t matter what conference you play in, MVC, Big 12, SEC, Mountain West.....it’s pretty impressive.

Their streak is a complete lie. Totally untrue. A couple years they were not even the #1 seed in the big 12 tourney because KU lost in head to head to the better teams. Texas & Oklahoma. Atleast 2 years blown calls that were publicly admitted by corrupt officials gave them 2 titles. These are facts & they are indisputable.

Their streak is a complete lie. Totally untrue. A couple years they were not even the #1 seed in the big 12 tourney because KU lost in head to head to the better teams. Texas & Oklahoma. Atleast 2 years blown calls that were publicly admitted by corrupt officials gave them 2 titles. These are facts & they are indisputable.

haha

I don’t understand what you are saying no to...The Big12 during that time has done literally nothing in the tournament. So in my opinion, it absolutely means that the conference is not as strong as the fans and media hype it to be.

Look at the strength of schedules. Many are putrid like Self's doo. West Virginia, the over-hyped best of the big 12, got destroyed by 30 at the hands of T A&M.

Higgins needs to go. But since he was just named Ref of the year, that is not happening I guess.

Yes it does. Unless you think KU was so good that they would win 13 in a row in any other Power 6 conference. They wouldn't.

yet if UK was going for it’s 14th straight conference title this year BBN would be touting it as the greatest feat in college basketball. it doesn’t matter what conference you play in, MVC, Big 12, SEC, Mountain West.....it’s pretty impressive.

No, we wouldn't because conference titles don't mean squat. I honestly can't tell you when we have won the conference. I want us to, in order to get a good seed, but other than that, I really couldn't care less about it.

I LOL every year at fans and announcers claiming the Big12 as some elite conference. KU winning it for however many years in a row proves it is fools gold.

In any other decent conference, KU has half as many, perhaps fewer conference championships during that time. If they were in the SEC, I bet they rarely win it.

Maybe leave your echo chamber. http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article191880219.html

What KU has done in the Big 12 is not "proof" of anything bad about the conference, and it is pretty funny that you can say things like that when literally every single instance of quantifiable data says you're wrong. You're willing to trust the tinfoil hat over the smartest quants in the world, which is pretty telling. Kentucky fans historically barely subscribe to Kenpom, so I guess you just stay willfully ignorant so you can say ridiculous and unsupported things like this. They are what are called "logical fallacies." I would continue, but I'm pretty sure I'm talking to a wall at this point.

No, we wouldn't because conference titles don't mean squat. I honestly can't tell you when we have won the conference. I want us to, in order to get a good seed, but other than that, I really couldn't care less about it.

You should just not watch basketball until March then. Because it doesn't matter, ya know? Why are you on this board whining over every little call or occurrence if none of this matters except for that little seed number? Also, why do you guys always talk about all time wins? Or are you just saying this because it serves your agenda? Because I'm betting it's the latter.

Maybe leave your echo chamber. http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article191880219.html

What KU has done in the Big 12 is not "proof" of anything bad about the conference, and it is pretty funny that you can say things like that when literally every single instance of quantifiable data says you're wrong. You're willing to trust the tinfoil hat over the smartest quants in the world, which is pretty telling. Kentucky fans historically barely subscribe to Kenpom, so I guess you just stay willfully ignorant so you can say ridiculous and unsupported things like this. They are what are called "logical fallacies." I would continue, but I'm pretty sure I'm talking to a wall at this point.

Please tell us what the big 12 has done then. KU is the only team that has had any sort of success in the tournament with the rare exception of a final four appearance by another school.

Kenpom like any other metric, has good data and also data that can be misleading or not a good representation of how good or bad a team is.

I will stand by my opinion that if KU were in any other conference, they would not have the same streak. They wouldn’t have it if they were in the SEC, ACC, etc.

You should just not watch basketball until March then. Because it doesn't matter, ya know? Why are you on this board whining over every little call or occurrence if none of this matters except for that little seed number? Also, why do you guys always talk about all time wins? Or are you just saying this because it serves your agenda? Because I'm betting it's the latter.
Please show me a thread on this page where we are “always” talking about all time wins. Shouldn’t be that hard if we are “always” talking about it.

Why does Kansas hang and brag about bogus Helms titles that aren't in the official NCAA record books?
oz5GfPM.png
Because having 3 titles is pathetic. Louisville has as many. KU is damn lucky to have that 2008 title.

I don’t understand what you are saying no to...The Big12 during that time has done literally nothing in the tournament. So in my opinion, it absolutely means that the conference is not as strong as the fans and media hype it to be.

Since it's been debated time and time again on this board I won't get into the whole what conference is better than the other argument tho when one conference consistently out performs in the non conference compared to other power conferences, I think that speaks for itself.

I'm simply saying you can't look at a conference, see that X team has won X in a row, and automatically conclude one way or the other that a conference is or isn't strong.

To argue what they have done in the tournament is a completely different argument than X team has won X amount of titles in a row.

But to be honest the tournament argue isn't relevant either. The reason why the metrics have the Big 12 the best conference is NEVER because of the teams on the top or even the teams that make the tournament, it's because there's no team in the Big 12 that's bringing them down. It's the teams at the bottom that's the difference in other words.

Everyone that points to what happened in the NCAA tournament. But that's not relevant here. This isn't about what conference has the best teams that are going to the tournament.

The worst team in the Big 12 is Iowa St at 88th. The rest of the teams are in the Top 50. Find another conference who's teams at the bottom are that strong. You won't.

How about you not concern yourself over why UK fans post what they do. This is our board. See yourself out.

Reactions: kev69
@Scudstock15 You wanna post on our board which is cool but don't run and hide when we ask you questions. Man up Jayhawk fan.

Since it's been debated time and time again on this board I won't get into the whole what conference is better than the other argument tho when one conference consistently out performs in the non conference compared to other power conferences, I think that speaks for itself.

I'm simply saying you can't look at a conference, see that X team has won X in a row, and automatically conclude one way or the other that a conference is or isn't strong.

To argue what they have done in the tournament is a completely different argument than X team has won X amount of titles in a row.

But to be honest the tournament argue isn't relevant either. The reason why the metrics have the Big 12 the best conference is NEVER because of the teams on the top or even the teams that make the tournament, it's because there's no team in the Big 12 that's bringing them down. It's the teams at the bottom that's the difference in other words.

Everyone that points to what happened in the NCAA tournament. But that's not relevant here. This isn't about what conference has the best teams that are going to the tournament.

The worst team in the Big 12 is Iowa St at 88th. The rest of the teams are in the Top 50. Find another conference who's teams at the bottom are that strong. You won't.
All of what you say may very well be true. It doesn’t dispute the facts that as a conference their performance in the tournament hasn’t been great for being heralded as great every year and if Kansas were in any other power conference their record of consecutive championships would not be in place.

All of what you say may very well be true. It doesn’t dispute the facts that as a conference their performance in the tournament hasn’t been great for being heralded as great every year and if Kansas were in any other power conference their record of consecutive championships would not be in place.

I think in the last 5-10 years the Big12 has more NCAA tournament wins than any other conference. What the Big12 doesn't have is a team other than Kansas that has won a title.

That's the central point. It hasn't come close to happening in any other conference since UCLA's run in the 60s-70s, because the other conferences usually have multiple teams capable of making title runs, or at least FF runs. So, the basement teams are better in the B12. So what. Nobody has been able to consistently contend for a conference title in this run. Zero chance KU wins 13 straight in the SEC, ACC, BE, or even the P12. Remember UCLA went to 3 straight FFs with Howland.

I think in the last 5-10 years the Big12 has more NCAA tournament wins than any other conference. What the Big12 doesn't have is a team other than Kansas that has won a title.

Wrong again. Last 5 yrs ACC leads with 59 wins, B10 with 52, SEC with 36, P12 with 35, Big East with 35, and the B12 with 32. Ouch, that's gotta smart.

Going back 10 yrs, the numbers are Big East with 98 wins, ACC with 97, B10 with 93, B12 with 79, SEC with 67 and the P12 with 63.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slowwalker
@Scudstock15 You wanna post on our board which is cool but don't run and hide when we ask you questions. Man up Jayhawk fan.
I don't know how else to holler at you. Yeah, brother, I know this is is your guys board. I didn't mean to run, but I was moving across 4 states, so now I'm back in action. I seriously like you guys here, and try to get a rise out of you sometimes, but if I can cut out the tinfoil, you guys have some of the best CBB analysis in you message boards. That's why I come here. I'll talk shit, but I hope ya'll will have me when I do.

I don't think we have any way of knowing this to be true or not.

And people are sub setting the conference when they are talking just about doing well/poorly in the tournament.

That would have no effect on the teams on the bottom that are consistently better than other conference's bottom teams.

Which is the WHOLE REASON in the majority of the years recently that the B12 earned this distinction

You know what else it wouldn't do? Affect KU chances of winning consecutive titles.

The argument can be made that the top isn't as good as the top in other conferences.
The argument cannot be made in terms of the conference as a whole.

I don't think we have any way of knowing this to be true or not.

Well we know if they were in the SEC, they wouldn't have the streak. They aren't beating 2012 and in 2015, we absolutely crushed them.

ACC, they are not beating many of the Duke and UNC teams during that time frame.

Wisky, MSU, and OSU would have given them a run many years.

So in my opinion, we can absolutely say this to be true.

Why does Kansas hang and brag about bogus Helms titles that aren't in the official NCAA record books?
oz5GfPM.png

We could have hung a decade before the Helms was created because we were creating the leagues....and we were the best. Sir Rupp was there, if I remember. You get to decide when "National Champions" start? I mean, even the players wanted a champ back then. My dad played for Colorado and he always wanted to hear the Helms. He told me about how he used to listen on the radio for the winner and he thought the ones that deserved it won. Travel was tough back then, to play basketball. We were voted the best basketball team in the country via democratic vote. So we won. Same way that football did it until ****ing 3 years ago. You guys got to go to the tournament every year because your conference sucked dicks. We had to play actual teams. You guys have more national championships than we will ever get. They're too hard these days. I hate to love you guys, but I have to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT