ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee fans already jawing about potential KY match-up Friday.

barnliverance.jpg

tenn-inbred.jpg

Alabama wants them more than they want Kentucky, Tennessee can say what they want to but they know what will happen if they play Kentucky again. The odds are not in their favor, first they have to beat an Alabama team that is way more talented than them and pay backs are hell.

Well, if I was them, I wouldn't be too wary of playing UK. Barnes, unfortunately, has been successful against Cal. And I certainly, don't blame fans for talking like that. We do all the time.

Still, we'd beat them easily this time, I think.

Reactions: JStaff2187
They have to beat Alabama first. I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose that first game as they desperately hope to get another shot at UK.

But if they win, I think UK will destroy UT in that game. Our fans will be there in force and it will be a better atmosphere for our Cats than Rupp. And talk about a chance at redemption... man, these Cats will be ready and fired up for that game.

We won't play Tennessee or Florida.. because both of those teams will be looking past their opponent. That's what I love about the SECT: you can't make Kentucky a priority. In the regular season, Tennessee will lose the game leading up to us. Oh well, they took their loss but here comes their Superbowl, so why should they care to get beat by Vandy by 11?

...Not in the SECT, though. You have to give equal attention to ALL opponents, or you're going home. The Superbowl scenario doesn't work, and it's why Kentucky does so well in the SECT.

Most of their fans I run into, and it’s a lot, have more of a “We just want to beat Kentucky” attitude than they want to actually win and make it to the NCAA tournament. It’s really odd. I don’t recall ever having that kind of attitude about my team’s success or lack of success.

Unfortunately no matter which team we face they will no doubt hit 40% above season average on 3's. That should be studied one day.
Edit: And if that is Bama we may be in trouble. We may want UT on this one.

I live in Tennessee and have been here almost 36 years. Most of the UT fans I know are already getting excited about Spring Practice. The lady Vols may miss the NCAA tourney for the first year ever - that has been more of a downer than the men's team, I think.

Unfortunately no matter which team we face they will no doubt hit 40% above season average on 3's. That should be studied one day.
Edit: And if that is Bama we may be in trouble. We may want UT on this one.
Even better would be a study of 3P% playing us vs. 3P% in their next game.

Reactions: Hoptowntiger78
Most of their fans I run into, and it’s a lot, have more of a “We just want to beat Kentucky” attitude than they want to actually win and make it to the NCAA tournament. It’s really odd. I don’t recall ever having that kind of attitude about my team’s success or lack of success.
It’s nearly all they have left. Obviously beating Kentucky in basketball is a big deal. We’re the flagship school in the SEC. To hang your whole season on it is a bit much though.

They’ve more or less turned that way in football too, which is odd because they own us. And yet they peacock after beating us. I guess it makes sense though seeing as we seem to be the only SEC East team to consistently loses to them.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I live in Tennessee and have been here almost 36 years. Most of the UT fans I know are already getting excited about Spring Practice. The lady Vols may miss the NCAA tourney for the first year ever - that has been more of a downer than the men's team, I think.
LOL why?!?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT