ADVERTISEMENT

(OT) Gobert Makes ‘Money Sign’ at Ref, Implying Betting

I bet on Prizepicks but I’d never bash a player if something doesn’t hit . I have definitely felt something was suspicious after betting on a player lol .

As for Gobert I’m interested to see how big that fine will be .
Big story about the Temple game the other night too. Second game this season the line moved 6 points in an hour with no injuries/sickness/ anything. Like obvious level of cheating, it’s being investigated and the line was eventually taken down.

Getting back to the topic, I watched the last Quarter/OT of that Cavs/Wolves game. It was cooked. Just awful. Foster and 2 Female officials and anytime Cavs went to the basket, it was officiated like a college game. Used to be the rule was you better shoot a jumper late in a game because the refs will swallow their whistles--now it's drive the ball late and contact or not-whistle is going to blow. Especially when a team is up with a margin they'll win the game--think Adou's foul at Arkansas with 1 sec left. Was really bad. Anthony Edwards left a huddle after a timeout where it was obvious Wolves were going to lose and lit up the officials but they wouldn't throw him out. Of course the NBA really would like Clippers to have #1 seed and a deep run if not make it to the Finals for one simple reason-to help Ballmer have some buzz when he opens his Clipper "Dome" in Inglewood next season. (good luck with the Clippers getting anything out of that in LA, they are a joke and have a roster that would've been elite in 2012-'15, not '25 and no draft picks either, but hey-it's a business and leagues take care of teams--see NFL with Kroenke when he had invested/built So-Fi Stadium and it opened during the pandemic-yet a low seeded team got 3 home games in Postseason (SB included)

The one young female official was just terrible. But Foster has to take them under their wing. The end of that Wolves-Cavs game resembled a Clemson or WF team going into Cameron Indoor trying to beat Duke.

Some of the oddities that happen late in games are too coincidental to be chalked up as refs having a bad day/game. They work every night in some conference--Jeff "High Knees" Anderson was doing a Pac 12 game the other night and now does Big Ten games too. He used to only get attention for his odd running style on the court but now he's a "celebrity" and Mr. Monitor for everything he can to get camera time/mentioned by broadcast team.
What do you think about the UK/UCONN final four game in 2014 ?

Terrible made calls by the Rofferee , mainly the charging calls, one was the fantom flop call against Poythress.

There are dishonest people in every line of work. It would be naive to think there isn't some sort of corruption in pro sports. It's just too easy for a ref to make one "bad" call that doesn't change the outcome of a game, but does change the outcome of a bet.

Reactions: Calsmyguy
Big story about the Temple game the other night too. Second game this season the line moved 6 points in an hour with no injuries/sickness/ anything. Like obvious level of cheating, it’s being investigated and the line was eventually taken down.
I saw a tweet but didn’t read up on it . That’s pretty crazy .

There is a Netflix show on it . I forgot the player name .

We’ve had numerous discussions in the past about the potential effect of gambling on referees, so here’s an interesting article: https://apnews.com/article/rudy-gobert-nba-technical-gesture-8ffebe7f010fce6e31904addf757a9d4

Context: “(Rudy) Gobert was called for a technical foul in the closing seconds of regulation Friday night in the Timberwolves’ 113-104 overtime loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers when he rubbed his fingers together several times, implying referee Scott Foster might be on the take.”

Of note is this quote by Rudy Gobert, “I’ll bite the bullet again. I’ll be the bad guy. I’ll take the fine, but I think it’s hurting our game. I know the betting and all that is becoming bigger and bigger, but it shouldn’t feel that way.”
Helped me. I had Cavs ml and was watching it at the game and had no clue he got a technical. Thank you Rudy.

There were two female refs as well. Game was on ESPN and international women’s day.

Well the sec mens "HEAD" of basketball officials is none other than MIKE EADES! One of the most corrupt human beings on the face of earth!

This is a big problem in sports, but nothing will be done about it. Just have to live with it.

What do you think about the UK/UCONN final four game in 2014 ?

Terrible made calls by the Rofferee , mainly the charging calls, one was the fantom flop call against Poythress.
Was is the 2011 final 4 game against them where Darius muller I believe is on the sideline and UConn is out of bounds and they didn’t call anything. I remember being so pissed at that call, or maybe they called a foul and Darius is like 3 feet away just standing up straight.

I guess that some prefer to have some kind of evidence of things occurring than to automatically assume that everything is corrupted.
I remember several threads on here in the past citing the numbers and ratio of w to l when we had certain officials versus others. The numbers absolutely proved we were far more likely ( statistically speaking)to lose a game with certain officials. You already know of course Higgins was number one. Numbers don't lie!

We’ve had numerous discussions in the past about the potential effect of gambling on referees, so here’s an interesting article: https://apnews.com/article/rudy-gobert-nba-technical-gesture-8ffebe7f010fce6e31904addf757a9d4

Context: “(Rudy) Gobert was called for a technical foul in the closing seconds of regulation Friday night in the Timberwolves’ 113-104 overtime loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers when he rubbed his fingers together several times, implying referee Scott Foster might be on the take.”

Of note is this quote by Rudy Gobert, “I’ll bite the bullet again. I’ll be the bad guy. I’ll take the fine, but I think it’s hurting our game. I know the betting and all that is becoming bigger and bigger, but it shouldn’t feel that way.”
Was watching the last few minutes of that game and the 3 officials, 2 women and 1 guy were terrible- I disagreed on most of the calls they made

Getting back to the topic, I watched the last Quarter/OT of that Cavs/Wolves game. It was cooked. Just awful. Foster and 2 Female officials and anytime Cavs went to the basket, it was officiated like a college game. Used to be the rule was you better shoot a jumper late in a game because the refs will swallow their whistles--now it's drive the ball late and contact or not-whistle is going to blow. Especially when a team is up with a margin they'll win the game--think Adou's foul at Arkansas with 1 sec left. Was really bad. Anthony Edwards left a huddle after a timeout where it was obvious Wolves were going to lose and lit up the officials but they wouldn't throw him out. Of course the NBA really would like Clippers to have #1 seed and a deep run if not make it to the Finals for one simple reason-to help Ballmer have some buzz when he opens his Clipper "Dome" in Inglewood next season. (good luck with the Clippers getting anything out of that in LA, they are a joke and have a roster that would've been elite in 2012-'15, not '25 and no draft picks either, but hey-it's a business and leagues take care of teams--see NFL with Kroenke when he had invested/built So-Fi Stadium and it opened during the pandemic-yet a low seeded team got 3 home games in Postseason (SB included)

The one young female official was just terrible. But Foster has to take them under their wing. The end of that Wolves-Cavs game resembled a Clemson or WF team going into Cameron Indoor trying to beat Duke.

Some of the oddities that happen late in games are too coincidental to be chalked up as refs having a bad day/game. They work every night in some conference--Jeff "High Knees" Anderson was doing a Pac 12 game the other night and now does Big Ten games too. He used to only get attention for his odd running style on the court but now he's a "celebrity" and Mr. Monitor for everything he can to get camera time/mentioned by broadcast team.
I watched it live and they were terrible- it that game wasn't fixed, then the officials are just blind

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT