ADVERTISEMENT

So, are you ready to sacrifice yet?

FirewithFire

Junior
Jan 16, 2021
Some of us on here have taken hell for saying that the only way to save UK basketball is to starve the beast until Calipari is gone. We have been called everything under the sun and told we are not "true" fans. Well, we lost in the first round again to a fourteen seed.

So, are you ready now? How many years do you want to wait? How far down the program have to sink? It sucks. Bad. I don't like it, but I am afraid the nuclear option is the only option left unless Calipari retires after the game.

Average fans are not in a position to bring the kind or pressure you’re talking about.

We’re at the mercy of some very poor leadership.

Even in the darkest days of probation, and Gillispie, it didn’t seem this hopeless.

And let’s be honest: what kind of rich person is going to pony up a buyout only to leave the one who gave the buyout in place? Rich people are not usually that stupid.

Site is still to janky to reply. Football and basketball have seperate revenue streams.

This tactic worked to get rid of Joker. Didn't like doing it then either but something had to be done to save the program. I never thought I would see the day the same things had to be done in basketball.

I understand the list of reasons that make it hard for people to NOT go to Rupp. But, yes, empty seats and loss of money is the only thing that moves the needle.

It's up to the fans to fix what Mitch has done.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Fans have all the power folks.

It took one game to get the message across in football. A couple of empty games at Rupp would send shockwaves through all of college basketball.

It will work.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Some of us on here have taken hell for saying that the only way to save UK basketball is to starve the beast until Calipari is gone. We have been called everything under the sun and told we are not "true" fans. Well, we lost in the first round again to a fourteen seed.

So, are you ready now? How many years do you want to wait? How far down the program have to sink? It sucks. Bad. I don't like it, but I am afraid the nuclear option is the only option left unless Calipari retires after the game.
Was roasted by @thedach (bro isn't gonna be postingh for months, book it) for saying I hope we lose to Alabama, if it meant Calipari would be fired. He tried to pull up my comments when we won 5 straight. This board has some funny guys on it.

I would say that the simple threat of a boycott style action would be enough to garner the attention of the admins. They make a whole mess of money from both basketball and football, and the rent on Rupp doesn't pay itself.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT